New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#51 2005-12-09 04:44:44

Rxke

#52 2005-12-09 13:59:37

Rxke

Re: Spammer

Dedmoroz6 in the wiki; current events.

Fuckers.

Stay out of the wiki. Assholes.

#53 2005-12-09 14:06:22

Rxke

BTW; Josh... Can you ask (or semi-force) ALL the admins with 'super-privileges' to subscribe to this topic, so the chances increase certain spammers get kicked out ASAP?

I know you can't supervise everything, but many hands make light work...

#54 2005-12-10 19:46:54

Josh Cryer

Thanks yet again Rxke. (Been really busy lately, so I apologize for the neglect. BTW, would you like wiki admin/mod access?)

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#55 2005-12-11 02:30:48

Rxke

I would like that, if there are no better choices.

noosfractal, John, C.M. ... all have done more for the wiki than I did, I'm primarily doing 'proofreading' stuff lately..

#56 2005-12-11 10:21:05

John Creighton
Website

I would like that, if there are no better choices.

noosfractal, John, C.M. ... all have done more for the wiki than I did, I'm primarily doing 'proofreading' stuff lately..

Rxke, you check it much more then me, caught all the spammers and probably would help more with maintenance. So if there is to be just one more admin for the WIKI I’d say you would be a better candidate then me. I agree noosfractal has done a lot too and would also be a really good choice. And C.M. has done a lot too latley. If Josh wants to add more then one WIKI admin that would be cool too.

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#57 2005-12-11 11:01:44

Rxke

Been giving it some thought and... I'll gladly accept.
For some reason, I'm pretty fond of the Wiki, and keeping it 'clean' wouldn't feel like a chore, more like a privilege smile

#58 2005-12-12 02:57:28

Rxke

Potential spammers in the Wiki:

user Pizdorvan and Lizator. Both have 'generated' the userpage Clark and John Creighton, but they're (still?) blank pages. I'll fire off a P.M. to John and Clark, so they are warned.

(EDIT: Both are Eastern Europe/Russian names...)

#59 2005-12-12 12:32:51

John Creighton
Website

Potential spammers in the Wiki:

user Pizdorvan and Lizator. Both have 'generated' the userpage Clark and John Creighton, but they're (still?) blank pages. I'll fire off a P.M. to John and Clark, so they are warned.

(EDIT: Both are Eastern Europe/Russian names...)

If you click on edit page you will see links for search engines that are two small to see.  We really need to completely wipe out spam and not just revert it back to the original. Also notice the text in the link. Oxycontin, is an doctor prescribed opiate used as a pain killer for patients in chronic pain. It is very addictive, the source of a lot of crime and the person is probably selling it illegally. It is known as the pour man’s heroine and sells for about 50$ a pill on the street.

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#60 2005-12-12 12:55:32

Rxke

Darn, I did look to edit Clark's page, and at first glance even in edit mode it looked empty, I was in a hurry, so I thought it was ok...

But you know what these scumbags did? Insert lots of whitespace before the stuff in the editpage, so you see a blank page there too!.... If you don't scroll all the way down...

cursory examination tricks, tsktsktsk.

#61 2005-12-12 12:58:37

clark

lol.

white space = white noise = clark's page = clark.  lol

I am flattered I am worth the effort.

#62 2005-12-12 13:03:55

Rxke

lol And at the bottom of that noisy pit, lotsa lotsa links to braindamaging drugs, how fitting....

#63 2005-12-12 14:42:08

Josh Cryer

John and Rxke, you're both sysops now, shouldn't be too hard of a task or anything (if anything telling me about spammers is harder than clicking "block" so it's easier now).

DESTROY DESTROY smile

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#64 2005-12-12 14:52:09

Rxke

Must...resist...temptation... Must...not...go....over...to...the...dark....side...

Bwuaahaha!!!

#65 2005-12-12 14:59:32

Rxke

You could at least have refrained from blocking those lusers so *we* could do it and feel totally smug...  :cry: lol

#66 2005-12-13 02:30:53

Rxke

(smug face)

I just kicked out my first spammer! (Qolyan)

Mwuahahaha!

#67 2005-12-13 02:58:05

Rxke

Hmmm... Is there a nice and clean way to delete pages from a wikipage history?
Point in case: mainpage/discussion, you can still open and see tarokans beautiful work... So I assume that gets eventually cached by searchengines,no? I tried to delete it, but then all the stuff that comes after it is gone too... I could of course copy the last version and paste it in again, but somehow that feels not right, in the 'big wiki' with all those thousands of users, that would be too unwieldy, IMO, so I assume there's a better way..

But I already been playing with it for too long, the recentchanges page begins to look an incomprehensible mess that way...

#68 2005-12-14 12:14:43

sdc1
Banned

Must...resist...temptation... Must...not...go....over...to...the...dark....side...

Bwuaahaha!!!

Rxke, thanks for telling the masses the truth!   roll

Rock stars love roaddies like you, Mr. Zubrin must be proud!  wink

Personally, I will only continue to support the MS if it supports a ruthless colonization and terraformation of Mars.

*Hi.  Are you a registered, dues-paying member of the Mars Society?  I am, for 2-1/4 years now.  If your answer is "no," then how do you perceive yourself as "supporting" the Mars Society?  I mean -other than- via words (i.e., registering at this forum and sharing your views  -- which you are certainly entitled to do, of course)?  smile

It seems that (pardon me if I'm in error) you are framing your statements within the context of membership.  I'd prefer only actual members do that, especially when it comes to the sometimes "touchy" topic of terraforming.

And in my opinion, "ruthless" measures by humans (throughout history, irregardless of geographical location or race) usually if not always leads to misery and failure. 

--Cindy   smile

Cindy,

"*Hi.  Are you a registered, dues-paying member of the Mars Society?  I am, for 2-1/4 years now."

The International Space Agency, and a number of its Board Members were at one time DUE PAYING MEMBERS of the MARS SOCIETY.

However, after Zubrin, and his Government Secrete Society Colleagues, attacked and slandered the Founder of the International Space Agency, and its ( DUE PAYING MEMBERS of the MARS SOCIETY ), we are no longer ( DUE PAYING MEMBERS of the MARS SOCIETY )!!

Cindy, why don't you ask your good freinds the Zubrins, if the International Space Agency was a due paying member or not??

If you like we can post a scanned copy of the donation reciepts to the MARS SOCIETY from the Corporate Visa Accounts for the International Space Agency if you would like!?  In all we gave $1214 in Donations over a 5 year period!

For that support, we get attacked, slandered, and censored by the MARS SOCIETY!

Zubrin has generated hate, because he has not kept his people in line, or better yet turned his attack dogs onto those who stand in his way!

The International Space Agency was in negotiations to have an Officer of the Mars Society join the Board of Directors of the International Space Agency, and this was destroyed by Government Dirty Tricks!  They intercepted communications between the Mars Society and the International Space Agency, and altered and fabercated false messages, which triggered a major incident!  Before both sides were aware of what was done, it was too late, and a war between the Mars Society and the International Space Agency was started!  And seems it continues to the present day!

This is a direct reflection on the Zubrins, firstly because they never attempted to correct this incident or even investigate it, secondly because they turned against due paying supporters of the Mars Society, both of which shows the Zubrins have an agenda, and are in bed with the Government, ie: NASA and DOD!

They use the Mars Society supporters like cash cows!  They do not care about the Mars Society supporters!  Ever tried to get a reply from the Zubrins?  You never will, as they will take your money lickty split, and then see you later dummy.

Cindy, like I said before, praise be to the Doves!

But my dear, learn whom and what you are supporting before you become a hollow sacrifice for someone elses agenda and gain!

The International Space Agency is a Noble & Historic effort, and the fact the Mars Society has not supported this, shows that it is not as good meaning an organization as it advertises to be!

Humanity will never get into space in any Scale or Scope without a focused Global Effort!  This is just a real fact.  The United Nations is not the proper organization to do this.  Also, the Nations will never cooperate willingly do to the lust for power and control, and so a neutral International Space Agency is needed to funnel Government & Private resources and efforts in a focused, organized, and peaceful manner, or nothing of scale and scope will ever happen, never.

That is a very real fact!

That is why the Founder of the International Space Agency, and the ISA vision and efforts have been so ruthlessly attacked and slandered by the powers at be, which is clear Zubrin has laid in bed with!

It is clear Zubrin has sold his sole to the Devil for Fame & Money!
Sooner or later, he will have to pay the Devil his dues, or more likely when the Devil is done with him or no longer needs him, Mr. Zubrin will find himself, like Mr. Dobson, under attack and slander.  That is Mr. Zubrins fate oneday, its not a matter of IF?, its only a matter of WHEN!

Cindy!  Best Regards!

Ad-Astra!  To The Stars!
In Peace For All Humanity!
So Say We All!

#69 2005-12-14 12:24:22

sdc1
Banned

(smug face)

I just kicked out my first spammer! (Qolyan)

Mwuahahaha!

Rxke, Good Job Little Buddy!  Dr. Zubrin and the Zubrinites will be proud!  wink

Here is some more SPAM for you to chew on!  roll

The Future Mars Society at Work!:
http://www.ushmm.org/outreach/propag.htm

The Mars Society and Propaganda:
http://www.chgs.umn.edu/Educational_Res … ganda.html

Some SPAM has more FAT than OTHERS!

Thanks for deleting and altering the International Space Agency listings on the New Mars Wiki!  NOT!   :evil:

Ad-Astra!  To The Stars!
In Peace For All Humanity!
So Say We All!

#70 2005-12-14 13:40:43

Rxke

AFAIK, this thread is to report spammers, and - how to deal with it, not randomly cut and paste stuff from other threads etc.

And I edited the entry in the listings of agencies, because ISA  was listed twice, at both alt.space and Governmental agency. You're *not* governmental, so I deleted that entry, and cleaned up the part that said you were seeking international charter. It's a list, to more elaborate pages, so I want to keep it tydy, what's wrong with that? Why would ISA get more scope than other organisations big and small?

As for your comment on me banning a user that spams pages with links to drugs, and your links ... I interpret that as a cowardly insult.

Congratulations, You're on my shit list, buddie.

#71 2005-12-15 14:50:48

GCNRevenger

"*Hi.  Are you a registered, dues-paying member of the Mars Society?  I am, for 2-1/4 years now."

The International Space Agency, and a number of its Board Members were at one time DUE PAYING MEMBERS of the MARS SOCIETY.

However, after Zubrin, and his Government Secrete Society Colleagues, attacked and slandered the Founder of the International Space Agency, and its ( DUE PAYING MEMBERS of the MARS SOCIETY ), we are no longer ( DUE PAYING MEMBERS of the MARS SOCIETY )!!

Cindy, why don't you ask your good freinds the Zubrins, if the International Space Agency was a due paying member or not??

If you like we can post a scanned copy of the donation reciepts to the MARS SOCIETY from the Corporate Visa Accounts for the International Space Agency if you would like!?  In all we gave $1214 in Donations over a 5 year period!

For that support, we get attacked, slandered, and censored by the MARS SOCIETY!

Zubrin has generated hate, because he has not kept his people in line, or better yet turned his attack dogs onto those who stand in his way!

The International Space Agency was in negotiations to have an Officer of the Mars Society join the Board of Directors of the International Space Agency, and this was destroyed by Government Dirty Tricks!  They intercepted communications between the Mars Society and the International Space Agency, and altered and fabercated false messages, which triggered a major incident!  Before both sides were aware of what was done, it was too late, and a war between the Mars Society and the International Space Agency was started!  And seems it continues to the present day!

This is a direct reflection on the Zubrins, firstly because they never attempted to correct this incident or even investigate it, secondly because they turned against due paying supporters of the Mars Society, both of which shows the Zubrins have an agenda, and are in bed with the Government, ie: NASA and DOD!

They use the Mars Society supporters like cash cows!  They do not care about the Mars Society supporters!  Ever tried to get a reply from the Zubrins?  You never will, as they will take your money lickty split, and then see you later dummy.

Cindy, like I said before, praise be to the Doves!

But my dear, learn whom and what you are supporting before you become a hollow sacrifice for someone elses agenda and gain!

The International Space Agency is a Noble & Historic effort, and the fact the Mars Society has not supported this, shows that it is not as good meaning an organization as it advertises to be!

Humanity will never get into space in any Scale or Scope without a focused Global Effort!  This is just a real fact.  The United Nations is not the proper organization to do this.  Also, the Nations will never cooperate willingly do to the lust for power and control, and so a neutral International Space Agency is needed to funnel Government & Private resources and efforts in a focused, organized, and peaceful manner, or nothing of scale and scope will ever happen, never.

That is a very real fact!

That is why the Founder of the International Space Agency, and the ISA vision and efforts have been so ruthlessly attacked and slandered by the powers at be, which is clear Zubrin has laid in bed with!

It is clear Zubrin has sold his sole to the Devil for Fame & Money!
Sooner or later, he will have to pay the Devil his dues, or more likely when the Devil is done with him or no longer needs him, Mr. Zubrin will find himself, like Mr. Dobson, under attack and slander.  That is Mr. Zubrins fate oneday, its not a matter of IF?, its only a matter of WHEN!!

"and so a neutral International Space Agency is needed to funnel Government & Private resources"

Riiight... and so now Bob is a member of the The Dean's party of CIA Illuminati corporatist opressive cabal that is seeking to Supress the Glorious Vision of Rick's feverd musings... which is to unify billons of dollars from governments into a "NOT a World Space Agency (WPA)" while at the same time letting them retain full control over how their money is spent.

"The International Space Agency was in negotiations to have an Officer of the Mars Society join the Board of Directors of the International Space Agency, and this was destroyed by Government Dirty Tricks!  They intercepted communications between the Mars Society and the International Space Agency, and altered and fabercated false messages, which triggered a major incident!"

Suuure. Or maybe you - no, the other you - actually intercepted your own communications because your other self (no, not THAT one) suspected that Bob was an agent of The Man and subconciously (for you, not him) acted unilaterally to protect youself without telling you about it.

As amazingly funny as this is, its starting to get a little out of hand as it bleeds into unrelated threads.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#72 2005-12-15 16:28:09

John Creighton
Website

Well, If I was a mod I'd be doing alot of deleting. But I'm not. :shrug:

#73 2005-12-15 16:32:39

Grypd

John as much as I like debate im sorry to say I have to agree with you

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

#74 2005-12-22 04:24:46

Rxke

#75 2005-12-22 12:08:22

Grypd

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

Board footer