New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-02-06 07:34:46

Orion
Banned

Re: Space Shuttle replacement?

Hi im new here, seems to be an interessting forum. smile

Now when Nasas Space Shuttle is going to be retired and all. I was thinking what happened to the Venture Star, that Lokheed was working on?. I know the project was canceled but what happened to the work they did after that.
I mean they even had a prototype that Lokheed where working in a plane hangar and you could see on a webcam linked to the Lokheed site.
Dont remember what year this was..

#2 2004-02-07 20:35:05

Digital_Wolf v.2
InActive
Website

wp.asp?image=desktop_3_800.jpg

how bout this    big_smile

[img:sig_uid][url]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Digital_Wolf.jpg[/url][/img:sig_uid]

#3 2004-02-07 21:13:14

Jim Burk - MarsNews.com
Website

You might want to take a look at the article I just wrote, which is posted to the NewMars.com homepage.  The current plans to replace the shuttle involve the building of a new "Crew Exploration Vehicle". 

Also to answer your question about Venturestar / X-33, the project was cancelled in 2001 shortly after Bush came into office.  My article also discusses this & why it was cancelled.

James Burk
MarsNews.com

#4 2004-02-10 04:03:40

Orion
Banned

Hmm i cant find it on the marsnews.com forum
could you please give me the url?

Board footer