New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-02-06 07:34:46

Orion
Banned

Re: Space Shuttle replacement?

Hi im new here, seems to be an interessting forum. smile

Now when Nasas Space Shuttle is going to be retired and all. I was thinking what happened to the Venture Star, that Lokheed was working on?. I know the project was canceled but what happened to the work they did after that.
I mean they even had a prototype that Lokheed where working in a plane hangar and you could see on a webcam linked to the Lokheed site.
Dont remember what year this was..

#2 2004-02-07 20:35:05

Digital_Wolf v.2
Website

wp.asp?image=desktop_3_800.jpg

how bout this    big_smile

[img:sig_uid][url]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Digital_Wolf.jpg[/url][/img:sig_uid]

#3 2004-02-07 21:13:14

Jim Burk - MarsNews.com
Website

You might want to take a look at the article I just wrote, which is posted to the NewMars.com homepage.  The current plans to replace the shuttle involve the building of a new "Crew Exploration Vehicle". 

Also to answer your question about Venturestar / X-33, the project was cancelled in 2001 shortly after Bush came into office.  My article also discusses this & why it was cancelled.

James Burk
MarsNews.com

#4 2004-02-10 04:03:40

Orion
Banned

Hmm i cant find it on the marsnews.com forum
could you please give me the url?

Board footer