New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2022-11-01 10:01:37

tahanson43206

RGClark Postings

RGClark opened an interesting new topic today, and GW Johnson gave it the stamp of approval, by completing Post #2.

I was inspired to see what other interesting topics/ideas RGClark might have posted over the years.

Post #1 was ** really ** interesting (to me for sure), and I'd like to encourage everyone with an interest in beamed power to take a look.

RGClark is Member 1515, with over 500 posts.

For RGClark ... I'm hoping you might be willing to provide an update since 2006, on the idea you presented.

A great many advances have been made since then, in multiple areas that would apply to your proposal.

(th)

#2 2023-05-15 08:38:12

tahanson43206

Re: RGClark Postings

RGClark added a new post today, to the Hiroshima Bomb topic ....

http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 69#p209769

This post contains an analysis and forecast of space development, based upon analysis of other transportation industries.

Searchterm:Forecast space launch industry by RGClark

(th)

#3 2024-04-13 07:24:15

tahanson43206

For RGClark re new phpBB3 test account ....

I understand that members of the forum do not have time to read every post, so you may not be aware of the test account that the Admins have set up for evaluation of newer forum software.

Please connect to the Azure test account using the information in the Azure topic.

If you encounter an SQL timeout message please just refresh the page.  Azure is a Virtual Machine that goes to sleep and has to be re-awakened.

I'd appreciate your feedback on the site.

(th)

#4 2024-05-07 09:25:55

tahanson43206

For RGClark re report of non-responsive web site at midnight 2024/05/07

Thanks for your report.

Hopefully it was of short duration.

I have added a post in housekeeping, in hopes that kbd512 might see it.

The logs should show if there was a problem at the server in that time period.

On the other hand, the site seems to be running normally now, so it is possible kbd512 might not want to invest the time it would take to look.

kbd512 has a demanding job and many other obligations.

(th)

#5 2024-05-15 08:11:02

tahanson43206

For RGClark re request for new Projects Category and SSTO forum...

Please review my request to SpaceNut in the Housekeeping topic.

Please add corrections or support for the proposed new Category and topic.

GW Johnson has provided solid support for a non-reusable SSTO vehicle.  If you have not reviewed his work please do so.

There are very few people on Earth able to evaluate Dr. Johnson's work, and I'm hoping you are one of them.

You may be qualified to perform an evaluation, and if you are, please do so.

kbd512 has provided support for an SSTO concept using a fuel other than hydrogen.

That concept needs further development.

I would be interested in seeing a design for a reusable SSTO that can deliver a single passenger with luggage to LEO.

The vehicle would be automated with ground supervised teleoperation.

Whatever that vehicle would be, it would be the smallest practical SSTO that can pay for itself by providing a useful service.

From all the recent posts stimulated by the SSTO concept, I get the impression a vertical launch and gliding return is the best possible scenario.

A gliding return to a water landing would eliminate the mass required for runway landing.

The discussion of SSTO has been going on in this forum since 2017 (and possibly before in other topics).  I'd like to see concrete results coming out of all that discussion.

(th)

Board footer