New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2003-02-23 12:57:59

Palomar

Re: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

*Brought over from "80s music" thread:

Dicktice:  Cindy: "Giving away" one's age, in some societies is to command respect, but not me.

*That's okay [I was just teasing you].  smile

On the other hand--having been exposed to and influenced by "Buck Rogers" in the Sunday funnies, back then--my sense of human progress in space is filled with awe, that anyone of you Mars Society types who take for granted the capabilities now available to us, make me weep.

*Hmmmm.  I don't know if you are referring to all of us...I honestly don't believe I take space-travel and related matters for granted, within the context of my own generation of course.  As a kid in the early and mid-70s I was waiting for plans to shape up and be actualized for a lunar colony before 1990...still waiting.  sad  Of course, I'd rather we get to Mars before going back to the moon.

That's why I have no patience with ideas for private access to space travel which might eventually work, but can't happen in my lifetime. Ah, Cindy...the impatience of old age!

*I feel impatient about it too.  There is no guarantee that I'll see humans on Mars in my lifetime either; if anything, I'll probably be a senior citizen by the time that plan is actualized.  After all, Apollo is going on 30 years ago... 

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-02-23 14:59:11

dicktice

Cindy! As they say: being a senior is better at least, than the alternative! But, seriously...how did you reply, all blended together, that way?

#3 2003-02-24 11:36:06

Palomar

Cindy! As they say: being a senior is better at least, than the alternative! But, seriously...how did you reply, all blended together, that way?

*I copied the text you'd typed, pasted it in a new post field and typed my comments between paragraphs of your text.  It's quicker for me to handle multiple reply comments in that fashion.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#4 2003-02-24 17:06:26

PaganToris
Banned
Website

well me being a 17 yr old i love alternative rap and heavy metal! alot of old people say that im wierd becuse i losten to that kinda music but ohh well i love that music im sure ill be sayng the same thing when i have kids and they are listning to their music! :angry:

ZIGIE ZOKKIE  ZIGIE ZOKKIE OY OY OY
if u know what show thats from than where cool smile

Board footer