New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-02-23 12:57:59

Palomar

Re: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

*Brought over from "80s music" thread:

Dicktice:  Cindy: "Giving away" one's age, in some societies is to command respect, but not me.

*That's okay [I was just teasing you].  smile

On the other hand--having been exposed to and influenced by "Buck Rogers" in the Sunday funnies, back then--my sense of human progress in space is filled with awe, that anyone of you Mars Society types who take for granted the capabilities now available to us, make me weep.

*Hmmmm.  I don't know if you are referring to all of us...I honestly don't believe I take space-travel and related matters for granted, within the context of my own generation of course.  As a kid in the early and mid-70s I was waiting for plans to shape up and be actualized for a lunar colony before 1990...still waiting.  sad  Of course, I'd rather we get to Mars before going back to the moon.

That's why I have no patience with ideas for private access to space travel which might eventually work, but can't happen in my lifetime. Ah, Cindy...the impatience of old age!

*I feel impatient about it too.  There is no guarantee that I'll see humans on Mars in my lifetime either; if anything, I'll probably be a senior citizen by the time that plan is actualized.  After all, Apollo is going on 30 years ago... 

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-02-23 14:59:11

dicktice

Cindy! As they say: being a senior is better at least, than the alternative! But, seriously...how did you reply, all blended together, that way?

#3 2003-02-24 11:36:06

Palomar

Cindy! As they say: being a senior is better at least, than the alternative! But, seriously...how did you reply, all blended together, that way?

*I copied the text you'd typed, pasted it in a new post field and typed my comments between paragraphs of your text.  It's quicker for me to handle multiple reply comments in that fashion.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#4 2003-02-24 17:06:26

PaganToris
Banned
Website

well me being a 17 yr old i love alternative rap and heavy metal! alot of old people say that im wierd becuse i losten to that kinda music but ohh well i love that music im sure ill be sayng the same thing when i have kids and they are listning to their music! :angry:

ZIGIE ZOKKIE  ZIGIE ZOKKIE OY OY OY
if u know what show thats from than where cool smile

Board footer