New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2003-02-18 20:26:07

Earthfirst

Re: Rember the 80's - Whats your favorte 80's music band.

People pleople the point of the pole is for you to vote, if you dont like the choices that I listed then place a vote in the other choice. There's a limit to the number of poll questions so I could only list 9 that I had heard of. What's your problem just vote.
Any ways the B 52s rule, greenday sucks they played that song at my graduation and it dissapointed me. Every prom dance and graduation plays that stupid song it realy makes me mad. I forgot what it called.
The GOGOs come on there not that bad? "Love sack"
Duran duran "We can dance if you want to"
Ozz Osborn rocks. Although he forgets were he is every now and then. Tell me more?

I love plants!

#27 2003-02-18 20:31:39

Earthfirst

I almost forgot the sound track to top gun, Berln I think the band was called. Lets not forget Officer and gentman.
On that subject what were your favort moves of that eara.
Porkys, Ted and Bills most exlent adventure, Total recall, Conan the barbarin, and a lot of others can you name some?

I love plants!

#28 2003-02-19 10:42:36

dicktice

Cindy: "Giving away" one's age, in some societies is to command respect, but not me. Since the movies with high fidelity (photoelectric-sensed) soundtracks and 24 frames per second projection speeds, beginning in 1928-29, the costumes and language "back then" became literally ageless. The "horse and buggy days" silent films, with 16 frames per second, seem dated, especially when projected at sound speeds...but my point is: The true-to-life fidelity of pictures from the 1930s onwards seems to have have prevented obvious changes in lifestyle since then. Think about the insignificant differences in the "look" and attitudes in films of today in comparison with films made in the 1930s, as opposed to those from the beginnings of cinema back in 1900! Their realism has kept me from acquiring a "good ole days" mentality. On the other hand--having been exposed to and influenced by "Buck Rogers" in the Sunday funnies, back then--my sense of human progress in space is filled with awe, that anyone of you Mars Society types who take for granted the capabilities now available to us, make me weep. That's why I have no patience with ideas for private access to space travel which might eventually work, but can't happen in my lifetime. Ah, Cindy...the impatience of old age!

Board footer