New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-02-14 11:06:32

Earthfirst

Re: Rember the 80's - Whats your favorte 80's music band.

smile What your favort 80 bands and their songs. I dont known much but those were some that I rembered, after all I was only 7 around 1990.
Please tell your favort band and songs and why you love them. I figured that most of the people on this site are old like in their 40's so they should rember. I just rember the 1990's  pop music stuff like The back street guys and Choclite star fish and Hotdog flovered water.(dobt any of you have listrening to that song.) Lint bisket. Any ways dont forget about OCP. No stupid 50's, and 60 hippie dippe songs.
I also think that the maries should of srounded woodstock and forcly drathed them all and sent them to veitnom. Buch of no good 5th coloum red diaper doper babes wanbe hippies.  :laugh:  :laugh:

I love plants!

#2 2003-02-14 12:22:02

Palomar

*Ah, the 80s!  My generation!  smile

I don't have an absolute favorite, but Van Halen was rocking hard back then; "Panama" was a megahit for them around 1984 --it was made to be played LOUD.  Huey Lewis & The News were going great guns; a gal friend named Kristi and I used to crank up the car stereo when they came on the radio.  Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" was great; Michael Jackson's "Thriller".  Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" is still one of my favorite songs, as is "Suddenly Last Summer" by the Motels; "Voices Carry" by Til Tuesday; "Careless Whisper" by Wham!; "Father Figure" by George Michael; "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister; "I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner; "Some Like it Hot" by Power Station, "Melt With You" by Modern English; "Round & Round" by Ratt...and absolutely cannot forget "Pyromania" by Def Leppard!  And speaking of Def Leppard, the image of Joe Elliott dressed in tight leather pants and sleeveless Union Jack shirt, jumping off the risers while doing the splits in mid-air is an image I'll probably never forget; he was a babe.

...dang, you got me started.  smile  Tears For Fears put out some really good songs, and can't forget David Lee Roth's version of "Just a Gigolo" on his _Crazy From The Heat_ album.

Joan Jett and Pat Benatar -- two megachicks who could really belt out a tune!  "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," "I Hate Myself For Loving You"...Women back then rocked; they weren't the warbling wimps of nowadays.

One of my favorite 80s music videos is the Alice-in-Wonderland theme of "Don't Come Around Here No More" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.  Another song I very much liked, but which is seldom played on the radio (or found in collections) is "One Night in Bangkok"; it had a very unique sound and beat to it; I love it:

http://www.lyrics.jp/lyrics/H003500010001.asp

Geez, so many memories!  I used to punk up my hair a bit (big hair 80s), and wore leather metal-studded bracelets, etc., ha ha!  It was a really fun time; especially in the early to mid-80s, lots of very interesting and unique sounds coming out of the music studios.  smile

Only the 80s could have spawned both "moon walking" and "walk like an Egyptian."  While getting Footloose, you know...damn, hard to believe these memories are going back 20 years.

1985 was absolutely the best year in my life...send me back to 1985!

Did I answer your question?!  big_smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#3 2003-02-14 13:17:17

clark

I can't believe you missed:

Midnight Oil, beds are burning?

Or how about 99 red balloons?

Not quite 80's, but Mellow Yellow?

Nick Drake, been smoking too long (i suggest you all check this one out, courtesy of "Perks of being a wallflower")

Wait, I know, "Whip it!"

Anything by Paula Abdul pretty much sums up the 80's (or Cindy Lauper).

Good choice Cindy on Chess, (One night in Bankok)
Bangkok, Oriental city but the city don't sleep...

I'm not sure if this made the early 90's or late 80's- making love in an elevator, aerosmith.

What was the name of that song by Michael jackson and Paul McCartney...

Of course there was Boy George- one of the first artists I ever saw on MTV.

Comea Comea Comea Chamelion... they come and go, they come and goooo....

#4 2003-02-14 14:06:03

Palomar

I can't believe you missed:

Midnight Oil, beds are burning?

Or how about 99 red balloons?

Not quite 80's, but Mellow Yellow?

Nick Drake, been smoking too long (i suggest you all check this one out, courtesy of "Perks of being a wallflower")

Wait, I know, "Whip it!"

Anything by Paula Abdul pretty much sums up the 80's (or Cindy Lauper).

Good choice Cindy on Chess, (One night in Bankok)
Bangkok, Oriental city but the city don't sleep...

I'm not sure if this made the early 90's or late 80's- making love in an elevator, aerosmith.

What was the name of that song by Michael jackson and Paul McCartney...

Of course there was Boy George- one of the first artists I ever saw on MTV.

Comea Comea Comea Chamelion... they come and go, they come and goooo....

*Well, seeing how he asked us to name our favorite bands/songs, I didn't mention "99 Red Balloons" because it wasn't a favorite song of mine (btw, it was originally recorded in German; "99 Luftballons"...I prefer the German version). 

As for the Culture Club song you're trying to quote, that's "Karma Chameleon."  Not a favorite of mine either.  tongue

"Ebony & Ivory," Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson...nice sentiment, not a favorite song of mine.

I take it you were very young in the 1980s, Clark; perhaps just entering your teens around 1989?  You said "Anything by Paula Abdul or Cyndi Lauper pretty much sums up the 80s"...that's definitely an indicator that you were on the sidelines in the 80s, and not part of the actual scene.  Unless, of course, you meant to say "but" instead of "by."  If not, then your statement is as unfounded on fact and ludicrous as stating "anything by Tiny Tim pretty much sums up the 60s".  Give me a break.  smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#5 2003-02-14 19:06:05

CalTech2010

I wonder when the AC/DC nerds are going to show up...

Not my generation.  Better wait until the early 90's is our topic of reminiscing.    :;):

"Some have met another fate.  Let's put it this way... they no longer pose a threat to the US or its allies and friends." -- President Bush, State of the Union Address

#6 2003-02-15 10:07:54

George H

Not my generation.  Better wait until the early 90's is our topic of reminiscing.    :;):

The early 90's was your generation Cal? What, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Crayolas & Kindergarten? You are such a nerd. You're only 14, you were just being potty trained in the early 90's. Quit trying to come off like you're 25 or something, you only make yourself look stupid. You must have a really bad inferiority complex or something. Get real. Your generation is now, being a teenager, like me.

#7 2003-02-15 10:56:25

Palomar

I wonder when the AC/DC nerds are going to show up...

*Don't you just love it when a person who wasn't even there, and thus couldn't possibly be "in the know," makes silly comments like these?

AC/DC became famous in the mid-1970s.  Anyone reading this who wasn't at least 13 years old at the time couldn't possibly know the impact AC/DC had on the world of R & R, because they didn't know the cultural mood, trends, etc. of the 1970s.  AC/DC seems to have gone finally gone downhill, but they were a force to be reckoned with in the late 70s and throughout the 80s.  Their "Highway to Hell" and "Back in Black" albums are still very good sellers (I always see at least both of those albums at any music store I visit), 2-1/2 decades later.  Let's see any "band" from the 90s accomplish that.

I like AC/DC's early music.  I don't consider myself a "fan" per se; however, I will defend their longevity and impact against people who grew up on the "music" of nowadays. 

I actually feel sorry for anyone who wasn't around in the 1970s and 1980s -- you missed out.  smile

--Cindy

#8 2003-02-15 12:39:09

dicktice

Looking back, Cindy...the '30s wern't all that bad, either. Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon were visiting places like Mars regularly in the funny papers, back then. We thought of the year 2000 as the distant future, where everyone wore funny, "futuristic" clothes, and we still didn't have a clue how a helicopter would fly and sound in the air. The autogyro was the form of aerial "flivver" in our future. Amelia Earhart flew one across the U.S. and nearly back, before damaging it during landing. AM-Radio was interesting to listen to, while driving long distances, when 50 miles per hour was as fast as you dared on the two-lane highways. Three-lanes were being tried, with only solid lines, which made passing exciting when I was learning to drive. Go out and rent a video of the Clarke Gable film, "It Happened One Night," to see what it was like in 1935...get me, babe?.

#9 2003-02-15 12:51:08

Josh Cryer

You know what? I totally missed the 80s. I lived on a farm, in the middle of practically no where, without a TV or anything. Well, when I turned 14 or 15 I finally goet a B&W TV, but we could only pick up NBC and that's pretty much it!

My friend hates me for basically knowing very little about the 80s. sad

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#10 2003-02-15 13:02:26

Palomar

Looking back, Cindy...the '30s wern't all that bad, either. Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon were visiting places like Mars regularly in the funny papers, back then. We thought of the year 2000 as the distant future, where everyone wore funny, "futuristic" clothes, and we still didn't have a clue how a helicopter would fly and sound in the air. The autogyro was the form of aerial "flivver" in our future. Amelia Earhart flew one across the U.S. and nearly back, before damaging it during landing. AM-Radio was interesting to listen to, while driving long distances, when 50 miles per hour was as fast as you dared on the two-lane highways. Three-lanes were being tried, with only solid lines, which made passing exciting when I was learning to drive. Go out and rent a video of the Clarke Gable film, "It Happened One Night," to see what it was like in 1935...get me, babe?.

*Um, you're telling your age, dicktice big_smile

Clark Gable was a good-looking guy; I've seen some movies he was in.  I'll definitely look for the movie you recommend, and watch it. 

Gosh, we're going to really get off-topic here (sorry), but:  A few years ago I read Sinclair Lewis' novel _It Can't Happen Here_.  It is set, if I recall, in the early 1930s; the lead character (an older gentleman roughly 60 years of age) complains (to himself) about "the kids" always having to ride around in those "fast and dangerous cars," and always having to have the radio on.  He recalled his youth (horse-and-buggy only, and no obnoxious, blaring radios) with fondness and longed for the "good old days."  I don't know why, but that kind of surprised me...perhaps we all like to reminisce and believe our youth held the best of things.  big_smile

--Cindy

#11 2003-02-15 13:08:21

Palomar

You know what? I totally missed the 80s. I lived on a farm, in the middle of practically no where, without a TV or anything. Well, when I turned 14 or 15 I finally goet a B&W TV, but we could only pick up NBC and that's pretty much it!

My friend hates me for basically knowing very little about the 80s. sad

*Wow, sorry to hear it.  My husband is 7 years older than me, but he doesn't remember much of the 80s either; he was married to his 1st wife and had a little girl back then, and in early 1984 he was disabled after an explosion (a huge split-rim semi-trailer truck tire blew up on him)...he was knocked into the air about 15 feet, landed on a cement slab, was in and out of hospitals for nearly 2 years, with rehab later; he had a heart attack and a stroke as sequelae to his injuries...(I didn't know him then)...well, you get the picture.  He was still on the mend (psychologically, emotionally and physically) when I met him in 1992.  Though there was a reason he doesn't remember a lot of the 80s, sometimes it's still kind of strange that he's 7 years older than me and I'm the one with all the 80s memories, he has none, yet we both recall the mid- and latter 1970s very well (he had disco fever back then, ha ha).

--Cindy

#12 2003-02-15 18:12:29

Phobos

I like that song "Final Countdown" by Europe.  Everytime I hear it, it pumps me up to round up the sled dogs and go explore Mars.  Can't say I have a lot of memories of the 80s although when I think back it seemed like a good, forward looking decade.

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

#13 2003-02-15 20:54:42

CalTech2010

The early 90's was your generation Cal? What, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Crayolas & Kindergarten? You are such a nerd. You're only 14, you were just being potty trained in the early 90's. Quit trying to come off like you're 25 or something, you only make yourself look stupid. You must have a really bad inferiority complex or something. Get real. Your generation is now, being a teenager, like me.

I never said the early 90's was my generation; I was implying that I listen to music from that time.  I never said I knew anything about early 90's pop culture; I can only remember the start of the Gulf War, the first WTC bombing, and the Oklahoma City Bombing.

And since I hate the puss-hard rock crap that Nickelback and 3 Doors Down is putting out right now, I've had a lot of time to find good, older music.

Stop being such a dick.

*Don't you just love it when a person who wasn't even there, and thus couldn't possibly be "in the know," makes silly comments like these?

AC/DC became famous in the mid-1970s.  Anyone reading this who wasn't at least 13 years old at the time couldn't possibly know the impact AC/DC had on the world of R & R, because they didn't know the cultural mood, trends, etc. of the 1970s.  AC/DC seems to have gone finally gone downhill, but they were a force to be reckoned with in the late 70s and throughout the 80s.  Their "Highway to Hell" and "Back in Black" albums are still very good sellers (I always see at least both of those albums at any music store I visit), 2-1/2 decades later.  Let's see any "band" from the 90s accomplish that.

I like AC/DC's early music.  I don't consider myself a "fan" per se; however, I will defend their longevity and impact against people who grew up on the "music" of nowadays.

AC/DC started up in the mid-1970's, but they weren't widely popular until Back in Black in 1980.  Being a high school wrestler with a coach who was an adult through the 70's and 80's, we listen to a lot of AC/DC while we're working out.  Sorry if a youth's knowledge of another time makes you feel less special.

And when I go into record stores, I still see copies of Nirvana's Nevermind.  They pioneered the rock sound of the 90's.

Just because I'm 14 (going on 15) doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the past.  Everybody likes the Beatles, but I don't think many people here went out and bought the white album or went to the concert in Candlestick Park.

"Some have met another fate.  Let's put it this way... they no longer pose a threat to the US or its allies and friends." -- President Bush, State of the Union Address

#14 2003-02-16 00:00:22

Palomar

CalTech:  AC/DC started up in the mid-1970's, but they weren't widely popular until Back in Black in 1980. 

*Wrong.  They became widely popular with the release of "Highway to Hell," which predates "Back in Black."

CalTech:  Being a high school wrestler with a coach who was an adult through the 70's and 80's, we listen to a lot of AC/DC while we're working out. 

*And so that makes you some sort of authority on the matter, in your mind.  Congratulations.

CalTech:  Sorry if a youth's knowledge of another time makes you feel less special.

*Your wrong and faulty "knowledge" couldn't possibly make me feel less special.

::not interested in carrying this any further::

--Cindy

#15 2003-02-17 09:56:16

clark

*Well, seeing how he asked us to name our favorite bands/songs, I didn't mention "99 Red Balloons" because it wasn't a favorite song of mine (btw, it was originally recorded in German; "99 Luftballons"...I prefer the German version).

Well, well, well. Most people don''t even know there is a german version, let alone that the german version is the original. Kudos to you. It's not exactly my all time favorite, indeed, most of the 80's is a veritable wasteland of electronia bubble pop. I pointed to 99 luftballons becuase the message of the song accurately captures the *sense* of the 80's. Or do you disagree? smile

Amd I accept your critisim of Paula Abdul, just not your conclusions wink . Again, I was pointing out some artists that typified the "80's". They are all relitvely the same.

Pointing out Boy Georige also says alot about the 80's: Boy George was one of the first artists represented on MTV, an 80's experience unto itself, but he also lead a mainstream attempt at pushing the gender boundaries- cross-dressing, boys accessories- sure it was a gimmik, but it was a novel approach at the time and it lead to further breakdowns in the cultural moores of the time.

Thank you for identifying these songs- my memory for songs and band names is limited. Ebony and Ivory wasn't a favorite, however again, it embodied the very real divide between blacks and white. Back in the 80's Regan was president- multiculturalism wasn't even a word then. Civil rights still had a long way to go...

If you want good music, you won't find it in the 80's. 60's and 70's is where it's at. But the 80's?

Only in the 80's would Bruce Springsteen be able to strum "Born in the USA" over and over and over again and be called a rock star. tongue

Of course the Cure wasn't all that bad. Or the Ramones, they have some good hits. Is that what you're talking about Cindy?

Here is an oldie, and non-80's: "Look what they've done to my song, ma". An all time favorite of mine.

Or, check out Velvet Underground or the lead singer of said band, Lou Reed. Tip O the day...

#16 2003-02-17 13:56:35

Palomar

Clark:  If you want good music, you won't find it in the 80's. 60's and 70's is where it's at. But the 80's?

*It's a matter of opinion/taste, correct?  Along the lines of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Clark:  Only in the 80's would Bruce Springsteen be able to strum "Born in the USA" over and over and over again and be called a rock star. tongue

*Springsteen hasn't been a favorite of mine (I don't own even one of his recordings); however, in all fairness he was an established musician prior to 1984...and besides "Born in the USA" (the song, not the album) he had 2 other hits around the same time (perhaps on the "Born in the USA" album as well, but I'm not sure):  "Dancing in the Dark" and the sensuous, moody "I'm on Fire." 

Clark:  Of course the Cure wasn't all that bad. Or the Ramones, they have some good hits. Is that what you're talking about Cindy?

*The Cure wasn't a favorite and neither were the Ramones; I vaguely recall a few of their tunes but I can't recall the names of any of them.  I'm pretty picky about music; it used to drive my sister nuts (I was always turning the radio dial).  smile

--Cindy

#17 2003-02-17 14:57:56

clark

*It's a matter of opinion/taste, correct?  Along the lines of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Yeah, and roadkill is a source of beauty and splendor. It's only a matter of bad opinion/taste. Yes, that's right, it has a value. There, I said it.  :angry:  big_smile

*The Cure wasn't a favorite and neither were the Ramones; I vaguely recall a few of their tunes but I can't recall the names of any of them.  I'm pretty picky about music; it used to drive my sister nuts (I was always turning the radio dial).

I doubt you could have gotten through the 80's without hearing several of their tunes.

How about Depeshe mode? Ozzy? B-52's? Chaka Khan? Def Leppard? Duran Duran? Huey Lewis and the News? The Police?

heard of them haven't ya?

#18 2003-02-17 19:39:43

Palomar

::shakes head::  Okay, Clark:

Me:  It's a matter of opinion/taste, correct?  Along the lines of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Clark:  Yeah, and roadkill is a source of beauty and splendor. It's only a matter of bad opinion/taste. Yes, that's right, it has a value. There, I said it.     

*What's up with this?  How could my taste in music possibly provoke this sort of reaction from you? 

Me:  The Cure wasn't a favorite and neither were the Ramones; I vaguely recall a few of their tunes but I can't recall the names of any of them.  I'm pretty picky about music; it used to drive my sister nuts (I was always turning the radio dial).   

Clark:  I doubt you could have gotten through the 80's without hearing several of their tunes.

*Well, I was born in 1965 and I'm alive in 2003...so I obviously did get through the 80s.  You yourself credited me with naming names of both bands and songs you couldn't have named yourself.  The question posted by Earthfirst was what kind of music did you *LIKE* in the 80s.  I didn't like The Cure or The Ramones; thus, I can't name any of their tunes because I didn't listen to them (except for perhaps hearing them as passing tunes on the radio, or from a neighbor's apartment/college dorm room)...just like I can't name any tunes from the Country-Western band Alabama from the 1980s; I didn't listen to them, I don't like C/W.  You seem to keep missing the point, repeated once more:  We were asked to name ::the bands/music of the 80s we *LIKED*::  I did that.

Clark:  How about Depeshe mode?

*Don't like them, thus I didn't name them.

Ozzy?

*Got his start with Black Sabbath in the early 70s.  Not a fan, don't like his music (except early Black Sabbath music from the early- to mid-70s...which obviously wasn't in the 80s).

B-52's?

*Oh yes, I've heard of them.  Not a favorite, thus I didn't name them.

Chaka Khan?

*Not a favorite, thus I didn't name.

Def Leppard? Duran Duran? Huey Lewis and the News? The Police?

*I guess you missed/forgot my initial post, wherein I mentioned Def Leppard, and Huey Lewis & The News.

Duran Duran, the Police...again, not favorites of mine, and thus I didn't name them.  Am I supposed to list every single band and song from the 80s and give a comment on them?  No.  Earthfirst asked us to discuss what music/bands we liked and I did that.  If I failed to mention certain bands/songs YOU liked, "my apologies" -- discuss at will yourself.  smile

Clark:  heard of them haven't ya?

*Why this attitude?  ::shrugs:: 

--Cindy

#19 2003-02-18 07:26:27

George H

Hey Clark, why don't you just handcuff Cindy, drag her into a dark cop shop interragation room, shine a flashlight in her eyes & ask all those question's again, except this time YOU GET TO SCREAM THEM AT HER!!

Oh and hey--Do you get out much? Quit raining on people's parades. Twit.

#20 2003-02-18 08:26:31

clark

*What's up with this?  How could my taste in music possibly provoke this sort of reaction from you?

It was a joke. A smart ass remark. Thus the emoticons.

What attitude is there in a straightforward question? Why so defensive?

George H, you are a beuatiful and caring individual who has many friends and is blessed with charisma, decency, and a can-do attitude. We are all better for just being near your words of wisdom. Please, please, please grace us with more of your profound and worthwhile thoughts and ideas so we may all share in the riches of your mind. All of this time we have been so lost, in this shroud of ignorance, which you have so willingly lifted from us. Now we can enter the world anew, under your tutelage, and become wise to the dangers that it poses.

god I wish  were you George. Please, can I be you? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

I just don't know what we would do without our George!

#21 2003-02-18 09:02:02

George H

What attitude is there in a straightforward question? Why so defensive?

Wow you are such a bullsh!tter. She wasn't being defensive. And you weren't being straight-forward, you were just trying to be offensive. She was nicer to you than you deserved, you idiot.

#22 2003-02-18 09:32:23

Palomar

*George, it's okay.  Thanks for your concern, but let's please let the matter be.  smile

--Cindy

#23 2003-02-18 10:15:02

clark

I can't believe I even bother...

I have gone through my posts in this thread, and you know what, I don't get this issue of me attacking anyone.

Sure, I made a couple smart remarks regarding the 80's in general, but I hardly can be accused of attacking someone, either outwardly, or in some passive aggressive manner.

Some of you here need to take a reality check and realize that this is not real life. This isn't personal, it's a damn message- the internet has all the personality of scrawls on a bathroom stall door.

If you want attention George, just try joining a conversation- I have yet to read anything with substance coming from you. No, you merely jocky between the various threads making inane and inspeid remarks. Is that your part in real life, the happless sidekick with the second rate one liners? Highschool must be a real exciting for you.

Here we have a thread about 80's music, and I ask if someone has heard of certain 80's bands and I get labled all manner of names...

I point out bands that do not typify 80's music, and somehow I am a jerk.
I give my point of view, and someone takes it personaly, so I'm a jerk.

Whatever.

#24 2003-02-18 11:11:03

George H

[color=#000000:post_uid0]

[/quote:post_uid0]

I can't believe I even bother...[\quote]

Aw boo hoo. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Some of you here need to take a reality check and realize that this is not real life. This isn't personal, it's a damn message- the internet has all the personality of scrawls on a bathroom stall door.[\quote]

Yeah? That's why your droning on & on about it?

If you want attention George, just try joining a conversation- I have yet to read anything with substance coming from you.[\quote]

You think I care about your standards ?

Here we have a thread about 80's music, and I ask if someone has heard of certain 80's bands and I get labled all manner of names...[\quote]

Self pity?

I'm a jerk.[\quote]

Finally. Some honesty. I'm gonna quote you big_smile

Whatever.[\quote]

It's really getting to you huh Clark??  Grrrrrr!!!!!  LOL. Don't start crapola you can't finish[/color:post_uid0]

#25 2003-02-18 11:22:07

clark

You are a sad sad little boy George.

It must be hard, not being able to relate to people, trapped in your body. It's not your fault the way you look, but people still treat you badly don't they? No one understand you, or you can't relate. They call you names don't they George? They make you feel left out. Afterall, that's why you come here, isn't it? Becuase people won't judge you by the way you look- soemone will listen. someone will hear your cry. You won't be alone anymore, will you? Maybe you can learn to talk to girls here. Maybe someone on the internet will even want to be more than "just friends" with you.

it must be so hard. To have all of these feelings, but no one to listen. Well George, i'm listening. I'll be your friend. I'll love you. I won't make fun of you, or look at you funny.

Share your pain, george, it's okay now. You're not alone.

Board footer