New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-06-29 12:42:20

ant of stargrail
Website

Re: 360 Gravity Wheel - Power generation by the big 'G' Gravity?

Could a Gravity Wheel and math be this easy?

http://www.stargrail.co.uk]stargrail.co.uk and
http://www.stargrail.com]stargrail.com

On this message board is a poll, please vote.

Currently I am currently costing an axle. Once this has been priced, ordered and here it will be completed.

I will update this board, as well as my website, on my findings.

Ant

G
GOD

"Everything is impossible until its not". Cpt JL Picard.

#2 2004-06-29 12:44:46

clark

The author has a deep belief in Star Trek through Jesus Christ.

Perhaps it is that easy. But I doubt it.  :laugh:

#3 2004-06-29 13:04:56

Palomar

*Welcome, Ant!  I read your Profile and was hoping to ask about the "gravity wheel."

I've checked out your link.  Thanks.  smile

--Cindy

P.S.:  Scotland?  I've always wanted to visit!

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#4 2004-06-29 13:11:44

GCNRevenger

You can't use gravity to power anything, its against the laws of thermodynamics.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#5 2004-06-29 13:30:23

JimM

You can't use gravity to power anything, its against the laws of thermodynamics.

Darn! My plan to make electricity by building dams and letting the water fall down through turbines to make power (I thought of calling it "Hydro Power") won't work after all.

(Could somebody pass the bad news on to those good people who powered their mills and suchlike with water-wheels for centuries before the Industrial Revolution. please?)

#6 2004-06-29 13:46:28

JimM

Could a gravity wheel be this easy?

Nope.

It pains me to say this, as these people seem to come from Scotland, but what they are proposing is one of the classical forms of that grand old fallacy, the perpetual motion machine.

I shall refrain from comment on Star Trek and/or Jesus Christ.

#7 2004-06-29 13:47:41

GCNRevenger

Bah you know what I mean, you can't make a gravity-powerd perpetual motion machine or whatnot that will dervie more energy than you input, since it will take more energy to reset the machine for the next run than you get out o fit.

Ah but the dam is not ultimatly powerd by gravity, the dam is powerd by the heat from the sun and the heat from the Earth's uranium and thorium to evaporate water which condenses (rains for you lay-folk like Jim smile )and then runs through the dam's turbines... heh.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

#8 2004-06-29 13:51:09

JimM

Bah you know what I mean, you can't make a gravity-powerd perpetual motion machine

As you will have seen, I agree 100%

#9 2004-06-29 13:53:38

JimM

Afterthought.

In the special case of a spinning black hole, you have a potential nearly-permanent gravity power source, if you know what to do and are very careful not to fall in.

#10 2004-06-29 14:22:45

GCNRevenger

Perhaps, but I don't even want to think about how much trouble that would be... black holes will eventually run down too. Fusion power scaled up, such that it can convert plain old regular Hydrogen to Helium, would give us enough energy to last from now to half way to end of the universe...

#11 2004-06-29 14:29:47

JimM

Perhaps, but I don't even want to think about how much trouble that would be... black holes will eventually run down too.

Of course. I said it would be a potential nearly-permanent gravity power source"

#12 2004-07-14 11:57:01

Earthfirst

Star trek is so yesterday, star gate atlantis is the cool thing now of days. tongue

I love plants!

#13 2004-07-15 03:48:03

ant of stargrail
Website

Star trek is so yesterday, star gate atlantis is the cool thing now of days. tongue

I love the concept.

Think on the guts of a stargate, coiled loops of wire etc. If you can imagine using soon redundant tv technology - coiled loops, I believe that this electron gun technology(TV tube), which is being replaced, in the future will be reversed and become a worm hole entrance. A stargate to time and space.

Irreversable damage has already been done according to the Old Testament. The only way of reversing that is to control time, nice safety protocol or is it Jesus' resurection principle. Do today for tomorrow and yesterday. I would like to interface with a fly on the computer, say in the year 1717 and buzz arround... Butterfly huh!

The Heisenberg principle according to an 'imaginary' Star Trek will be cracked, check out it's transporter technology. Remember Atos from the original Star Trek series?.

Ant

"Everything is impossible until its not". Cpt JL Picard.

#14 2005-07-17 19:06:39

Mace
Banned

Never say never. It may be possible someday to gain unlimited energy. I keep thinking of how mattter and energy formed in the formation of the universe. Did they come out of nothing? Perhaps someday we will be able to create our own matter and energy from space itself? who knows? In the long run, even the law of the conservation of energy could be variable.

#15 2005-07-21 09:45:25

srmeaney

We already have that... We've just been keeping it a secret from you.

Gravity is a measure of time. Black holes can be disrupted by dropping a twelve dimensional net on the ten dimensional whirlpool...

#16 2005-07-21 20:43:36

Mace
Banned

We already have that... We've just been keeping it a secret from you.

Gravity is a measure of time. Black holes can be disrupted by dropping a twelve dimensional net on the ten dimensional whirlpool...

Aha!! I knew it! ...and the government keeps the stargate a secret from me also. wink

Couldn't we just make energy from the dimensional gaps without using the black hole? Seems like a waste.

Board footer