New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#126 2024-10-21 17:48:46

tahanson43206

Re: kbd512 Postings

For kbd512...

First, thanks for your thoughtful and detailed review of the nickel iron battery that came up for consideration due to an article about the technology.  Your history matches up pretty well with the reporter's text.

I am concerned that two or three emails I sent may have fallen into a bit bucket. I sent emails about the FluxBB upgrade we've been working on for the past year and a half, and I've received no feedback at all, including during the Google Meeting on Sunday.

I used the email address I have on file for the FluxBB project, but if you are no longer using that email address I can try sending to another one.

The emails had to do with the config table that must be updated in the FluxBB MySQL database.

(th)

#127 2024-10-21 21:37:32

kbd512
Administrator

tahanson43206,

I did read your e-mails and I did reconfigure the config table and the config.php.  When I viewed the page source for the new app, I noticed that the CSS links were working, so they're definitely reachable / downloadable (by the user's browser), but it's as if the PHP code is not actually applying them.

#128 2024-10-21 21:44:27

kbd512
Administrator

tahanson43206,

Whenever I start working with the new app, I get logged out of the old / existing app.  Everything superficially appears to be connected, but the PHP code still isn't fully functional.  I've looked at the version of the software running, the structure of the app files, the permissions, etc.  If there were a permissions problem, then I'd assume I wouldn't be able to access them from the browser, but I can.

I'd really like to get the stylesheets applied correctly first (so the content displays correctly in the browser), and then worry about the database logins, because I don't think our database config change is messing that up.  It's something more fundamental than that, such as PHP itself, our particular code base for the new app, or something server config related.

#129 2024-10-22 06:08:19

tahanson43206

For kbd512 re FluxBB upgrade...

Thanks for the update on the situation.

If you have access to MySQL, please update the table using the information provided. That way, when you get the more fundamental problem solved, the system will work properly.  The database is clearly being accessed, so that means the config table is being accessed. The config table is where the default Fire is defined, but it may NOT be Fire. The important line is the URL pointer. That ** has ** to be fixed.

(th)

#130 2024-10-22 18:44:29

kbd512
Administrator

tahanson43206,

I believe I did that already, but I'll go over what you sent again.

Board footer