New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2019-09-15 17:24:02

jburk
Executive Director
Website

New Members Area

Hello my longtime friends on New Mars Forums!

Today we are beginning to roll out our new Members Area for the Mars Society. 

It is login-only community for active (paid) Mars Society Members.  During a brief period it will be open to everybody who'd like to join. 

https://members.marssociety.org

It includes several social media-like features including user profiles, member-to-member instant chat, and several discussion groups.  I will find a way to tie together the topical discussion groups with our forums here.  I am still trying to figure out the best way to do that.

Please login and let me know what you think.  You can register for an account using the "Register" button on the login page.  It's open to everybody at the moment to do that.  In the future, we will have more restrictions on whether you are an active member and have paid your dues.

Thanks,
-James

James L. Burk
Executive Director, The Mars Society
jburk@marssociety.org
+1 (206) 601-7143

#2 2019-09-15 18:07:52

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: New Members Area

done

#3 2019-09-15 20:05:30

tahanson43206

Edit: Updated Monday 2019/09/16 at 14:00 local time.

Thanks for the All Clear!  The new site looks interesting and promising!

Best wishes for success with this new addition to the Mars Society spectrum of capabilities!

(th)

Attempted but email confirmation has not yet arrived.
A resend was requested.  I'll check again tomorrow (Earth time)
This is eerily similar to the experience I had when I first tried to register with NewMars forum.
It took five months for Mr. Burk and his hard working staff to figure out a solution.
(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2019-09-16 12:01:51)

#4 2019-09-16 09:37:11

jburk
Executive Director
Website

Tom,

I have manually activated you, so you should be able to login now and use the system.

Thanks,
-James

James L. Burk
jburk@marssociety.org
+1 (206) 601-7143

#5 2019-09-19 18:16:16

SpaceNut
Administrator

jburk wrote:

James Burk
• a day ago
Hello all. We are off to a good start with the Members Area. Several people have registered and are starting to join the Discussion Groups. Michael Stoltz (our PR guy) and I will be putting out some announcements about the area soon. In the meantime, please feel free to customize your profile including adding a personal picture and other details, and please help us seed the discussion groups with interesting topics that members can talk about. I’m sure in a couple months this place will be hopping! We also will be making improvements to everything here and connecting with some of our other discussion areas such as our Slack technical project chat, our various Google Groups, and the New Mars Forums (www.newmars.com/forums) which have been going strong since 2001!
-James

The new area is interesting and hopefully will pick up in activity...

#6 2019-09-23 19:21:58

SpaceNut
Administrator

Membership has reached 30 as of todays seek peek in the new area. Not much chat yet going on but its mainly timing and getting to know whom is capable in the discusions area...

#7 2019-11-11 19:41:46

jburk
Executive Director
Website

So far I consider it a guarded success.... people are able to login and there are some chats happening.   I am completely open to suggestions on how to improve it.  We will be rolling out new membership renewal & confirmation of membership features in 2020 which are quite complex to implement.

James L. Burk
jburk@marssociety.org
+1 (206) 601-7143

#8 2019-11-11 20:17:25

SpaceNut
Administrator

Once I get my new computer online I will attempt to be on evenings for the chat session but I think that idle chat does not make a concrete method for real discusion for the thoughts to plan out what we still need information for as technology changes. Its more like a twitter, facebook posting thing of which you are in a share group with the chat sessions.

#9 2019-11-11 21:53:04

SpaceNut
Administrator

SpaceNut wrote:

Membership has reached 30 as of todays seek peek in the new area. Not much chat yet going on but its mainly timing and getting to know whom is capable in the discusions area...

Membership is now at 94 for the 9 topic areas

Terraforming

Mission Design Concepts

Civilization & Culture

General Discussion

Settlement Design

Life Support & Agriculture

Analog Research Stations

Rover Challenges

Internet Task Force

2020-11-22 15:48:14

Just saw that the members of the new site area for members has more than its fair share of spamming accounts on it that should be removed.

#10 2020-10-22 13:31:10

tahanson43206

bestwork1989 shows up in multiple listings by Google.

Here is a capture from one:

ABOUT US
bestwork1989 has an office in India. Its a Mid Sized which is growing fast and always looking to hire talent into its current team of 10-50 employees. Follow this company and get updates when company adds info about bestwork1989, its history, its product and services and what they actually do. They will be sharing news & info here and will be freely communicating with all its followers.If you represent this company then add info here
WHY WORK FOR US
How is Working in bestwork1989 Special, Find out about the work culture and career growth opportunities in bestwork1989 at their office in India. Follow them here and find out about their team, the fun and the work they do and stay updated with recruitment news and updates of bestwork1989
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN YOUTH
As per the latest jobs posted by bestwork1989 they are regularly searching for job candidate with talents . They have latest openings. They freely communicate and hire freshers and experienced candidates who have filled their profiles and applied on their jobs at youth4work.What bestwork1989 are looking for in the talent they add in their team is generally beyond just degrees and certificates but is the real passion for work a youth does. Which is generally seen by the detail profiles of youth and talent matrix of Youth. The updates on latest interview in India, Recruitment process of bestwork1989 will be shared here. Follow and become a part of their talent community at Youth4work. By Following, Your profile will be fully seen, you can be contacted directly by the companies.

This forum is about Mars .... there are several topics set up to report on the achievements of the Nation if India, and by specific citizens of India.

It would be helpful if you (or someone in your company) were to take an interest in one or more of these topics.

India is among the elite set of Nations who have deployed probes to the Moon and to Mars.

I believe the readers of this forum would be interested in news of further accomplishments.

(th)

#11 2023-01-11 20:30:31

SpaceNut
Administrator

After searching I finally found the topic and the link only to find I am disabled from the discussion groups as it now gives a join membership page and amounts.

Board footer