New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#1 2019-09-15 17:24:02

jburk
Webmaster
Website

New Members Area

Hello my longtime friends on New Mars Forums!

Today we are beginning to roll out our new Members Area for the Mars Society. 

It is login-only community for active (paid) Mars Society Members.  During a brief period it will be open to everybody who'd like to join. 

https://members.marssociety.org

It includes several social media-like features including user profiles, member-to-member instant chat, and several discussion groups.  I will find a way to tie together the topical discussion groups with our forums here.  I am still trying to figure out the best way to do that.

Please login and let me know what you think.  You can register for an account using the "Register" button on the login page.  It's open to everybody at the moment to do that.  In the future, we will have more restrictions on whether you are an active member and have paid your dues.

Thanks,
-James

James Burk | Webmaster & IT Director | The Mars Society
jburk@marssociety.org  |  +1 (206) 601-7143

#2 2019-09-15 18:07:52

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: New Members Area

done

#3 2019-09-15 20:05:30

tahanson43206

Edit: Updated Monday 2019/09/16 at 14:00 local time.

Thanks for the All Clear!  The new site looks interesting and promising!

Best wishes for success with this new addition to the Mars Society spectrum of capabilities!

(th)

Attempted but email confirmation has not yet arrived.
A resend was requested.  I'll check again tomorrow (Earth time)
This is eerily similar to the experience I had when I first tried to register with NewMars forum.
It took five months for Mr. Burk and his hard working staff to figure out a solution.
(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2019-09-16 12:01:51)

#4 2019-09-16 09:37:11

jburk
Webmaster
Website

Tom,

I have manually activated you, so you should be able to login now and use the system.

Thanks,
-James

James Burk | Webmaster & IT Director | The Mars Society
jburk@marssociety.org  |  +1 (206) 601-7143

#5 2019-09-19 18:16:16

SpaceNut
Administrator

jburk wrote:

James Burk
• a day ago
Hello all. We are off to a good start with the Members Area. Several people have registered and are starting to join the Discussion Groups. Michael Stoltz (our PR guy) and I will be putting out some announcements about the area soon. In the meantime, please feel free to customize your profile including adding a personal picture and other details, and please help us seed the discussion groups with interesting topics that members can talk about. I’m sure in a couple months this place will be hopping! We also will be making improvements to everything here and connecting with some of our other discussion areas such as our Slack technical project chat, our various Google Groups, and the New Mars Forums (www.newmars.com/forums) which have been going strong since 2001!
-James

The new area is interesting and hopefully will pick up in activity...

#6 2019-09-23 19:21:58

SpaceNut
Administrator

Membership has reached 30 as of todays seek peek in the new area. Not much chat yet going on but its mainly timing and getting to know whom is capable in the discusions area...

Board footer