New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2018-04-13 15:17:09

Terraformer
Website

Russia to suspend nuclear, rocket co-operation with America

Russia Today

How long until the ISS is mutually destroyed as a means to sanction the other partner? yikes

Last edited by Terraformer (2018-04-13 15:17:19)

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#2 2018-04-14 09:27:29

GW Johnson
Website

Re: Russia to suspend nuclear, rocket co-operation with America

I think the bigger short-term risk is that Putin will order no more taxi rides to ISS for American astronauts.  And perhaps UK and French.  That would be retaliation for bombing Syria. 

It's quite clear that Russia always intended to use chemical weapons,  and intended its client states to use chemical weapons.  Otherwise,  we wouldn't be seeing chemical attacks in Syria,  or that weird assassination attempt in the UK.  You have to look at what they do,  not listen to what they say.  90+% of what they say is lies and BS. 

Longer-term,  Russia may demand its modules back from the ISS, leading to its disassembly and destruction,  and with little or no reentry control.

Geopolitics is a bitch,  ain't it?

GW

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#3 2018-04-14 10:20:05

Terraformer
Website

Otherwise,  we wouldn't be seeing chemical attacks in Syria

Absolute twaddle. Assad isn't the only one in Syria with chemical weapons. Given how many weapons are schedule 3 (dual use technologies), it's pretty much impossible to prevent a group from getting hold of them. Since the attack in question apparently used chlorine, and the jihadis in question are on record as using that... but I suppose we can't trust outlets like the Voice of America and Russia Today, particularly when they're reporting the same thing. Back in April 2016. The rabbit hole goes deeper than we ever imagined...

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#4 2018-04-14 10:24:25

Terraformer
Website

I wonder how fast they'll be able to get DragonRider ready, if the Soyuz rides are stopped?

#5 2022-07-27 05:47:31

Mars_B4_Moon

US regrets 'surprise' Russia exit from Space Station
https://www.spacedaily.com/reports/US_r … n_999.html

Board footer