New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#1 2018-01-26 20:12:51

nguyenphutoan

Libertarians...any Libertarians in here?

I believe that people who call themselves anarchists would like this party.  It basically wants people to stop trying to control others.
Libertarian ideas can fix all our social ills (theoretically of course). :;):   But, it all boils down to two simple laws:
1.  Don't force anyone to do anything.
2.  Don't lie.
These laws are for interactions between individuals mainly but apply to government-individual relations as well.  The only time the govt. can step out of these rules is to enforce them (ex. police can use force to uphold the law).  But, the govt. should never be able to lie.  They can remain silent (like in times of war), but not actively lie.
The govt. should operate on this premise.  If it can be done locally then do it locally.  For example:  schools are local entities therefore they should not recieve federal funding or federal mandates.
I could go on and on about this but I really want to see if there are any loopholes in my 2-Law system.  So, fire away.

#2 2018-01-27 18:03:11

louis

Re: Libertarians...any Libertarians in here?

So under 1: don't force an employer to put in place health and safety rules?

And under 2: The government is not allowed to lie about at what time it is going to send in troops into a war zone (the lie being intended to  minimise the risk of loss of life)?

This is childish stuff. I can't believe you expect anyone to take this seriously.

nguyenphutoan wrote:

I believe that people who call themselves anarchists would like this party.  It basically wants people to stop trying to control others.
Libertarian ideas can fix all our social ills (theoretically of course). :;):   But, it all boils down to two simple laws:
1.  Don't force anyone to do anything.
2.  Don't lie.
These laws are for interactions between individuals mainly but apply to government-individual relations as well.  The only time the govt. can step out of these rules is to enforce them (ex. police can use force to uphold the law).  But, the govt. should never be able to lie.  They can remain silent (like in times of war), but not actively lie.
The govt. should operate on this premise.  If it can be done locally then do it locally.  For example:  schools are local entities therefore they should not recieve federal funding or federal mandates.
I could go on and on about this but I really want to see if there are any loopholes in my 2-Law system.  So, fire away.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Board footer