New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2017-07-04 16:48:41

SpaceNut
Administrator

Mueller's Russian Investigation

The continuing of those that have taken jobs under Trump have begun to jump ship Team-Trump Ethics Official Quits Because White House Refuses to Meet Its Own Standards

Hui Chen, who was the compliance counsel in the fraud unit of DOJ’s criminal division, published a post to LinkedIn on June 25th in which she disclosed her reasons for departing. According to Chen she could no longer remain in her position as the Trump administration failed to meet the even ethics standards expected of corporations.

The Russian ivestigation is digging deep Team Trump Republican Operative/Michael-Flynn Associate Tried to Work with Russian Government to Undermine Hillary Clinton’s Campaign something to which before his exist President Obama Hand Delivered Documents Linking Trump/Russia to Senior Intel Officials Before Leaving Office even when Officials Break Silence on Sen. McConnell’s Threat To Obama If He Exposed Russia Before The Election

Of course the real reason for trying to stop the investigation has to do with Mueller probe could draw focus to Russian crime operations

#2 2017-07-22 15:58:50

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Mueller's Russian Investigation

The most recent trips to Russian laywers and so much more shows that there is not just a smoking gun...
Mueller Just Revealed How He’ll Throw Trump In Jail… Trump’s Panicking

Trump has done his best to hide his tax returns from the public. Initially, Trump claimed that he couldn’t release his returns because of an IRS audit. But the IRS exposed that lie and said Trump was allowed to legally disclose the tax returns in spite of the audit.

Kushner was just caught in a MASSIVE lie. He needs to RESIGN

Coming clean about his foreign contacts or assets seems to be more than a family trait.

The midas touch seems to go beyond family as Pence Implicated In Shocking Scandal. Should He ALSO Be Impeached? Vice President Mike Pence knew about former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn’s scandals all along.

#3 2017-09-08 16:56:24

SpaceNut
Administrator

The heat is beginning to produce more than smoke as Mueller gives White House names of 6 aides he expects to question in Russia probe who were witnesses to several episodes, relevant to the investigation of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election.

Mueller’s interest in the aides, including trusted adviser Hope Hicks, former press secretary Sean Spicer and former chief of staff Reince Priebus, reflects how the probe that has dogged Trump’s presidency is starting to penetrate a closer circle of aides around the president.

Trump and the Democrats brokered a deal to provide a rise to the debt ceiling and funds for the huricane recovery that would have them looking agian in 3 months time at the budget again. The gop feel slighted by Trump doing this.
Hisses, booing as Trump officials sell debt deal to GOP
The House backed the massive package on a 316-90 vote and sent it to Trump for his signature. All 90 votes in opposition came from Republicans. These GOP lawmakers voted against Harvey aid, debt limit extension

Four Texas Republicans on Friday voted against the bill that included aid for Hurricane Harvey recovery in their state, along with a debt limit extension. The "no" votes came from members of the Texas delegation, and from members of the Florida delegation who will soon likely have to grapple with the need for funding for Hurricane Irma. No Democrats in the House voted against the legislation. The Senate approved the legislation in an 80-17 vote on Thursday.

The four Texas Republicans who voted no were Rep. Joe Barton, Rep. Jeb Hensarling, Rep. Sam Johnson, and Rep. Mac Thornberry, none of whose districts are in the region hardest hit by the storm.

The Two Florida Republicans who voted against the legislation were Rep. Matt Gaetz and Rep. Ted Yoho.

#4 2017-09-13 19:05:00

SpaceNut
Administrator

Mueller’s team of prosecutors and FBI agents is zeroing in on how Russia spread fake and damaging information through social media and are seeking additional evidence from companies like Facebook and Twitter about what happened on their networks, said one of the officials, who asked not to be identified discussing the ongoing investigation.

The ability of foreign nations to use social media to manipulate and influence elections and policy is increasingly seen as the soft underbelly of international espionage, another official said, because it doesn’t involve the theft of state secrets and the U.S. doesn’t have a ready defense to prevent such attacks.

The NSA had some knowledge before the election of the computer infrastructure Russia was using, but it was looking abroad and not at what was happening through social media in the U.S.. The National Security Agency said it’s unlikely that social-media companies knew how Russia was using them before the election because U.S. intelligence agencies didn’t even fully grasp what was happening. “Russia has clearly assumed an even more aggressive cyber posture by increasing cyber espionage operations and leaking data stolen from those operations,”

#5 2017-09-16 19:32:58

SpaceNut
Administrator

Donald Trump looks to be speeding down the path of impeachment faster by the day. As Mueller Closes In, Republicans Panic and Launch Blackmail Tactict o not talk about a Trump impeachment ever-in any way. Republicans, mostly agree that Trump is unfit for office, there are a few high ranking members in the party that are threatening their colleagues over the impeachment talk. With each passing day Mueller finds more details regarding the Trump-Russia scandal and just how many people it includes.
Evidence Now Implicates Republican Party in Russian Plan to Rig Election RNC Chair Reince Priebus was in fact at in attendance at the Trump Tower meeting between Trump Jr., and the Kremlin. Clearly, Russia isn’t even trying to hide the fact they rigged the election anymore. Recently, one Russian government official hinted that he might not see the end of his term, while another announced that Russia has blackmail on him, and now another is bragging on national television that Russia is the reason Trump got elected in the first place. Devin Nunes Unwittingly Reveals Trump Campaign Illegally Negotiated with Russians. Russian Officials Now Publicly Threaten Release of Blackmail Material on Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-russia … 29702.html

#6 2017-09-18 14:47:03

kbd512
Administrator

GW,

Everything damaged by the flooding has been torn out and they now have contractors to install new sheet rock and flooring.  I've learned that there's a substantial difference between amateurs with hand tools and contractors with power tools.  If we had some of the tools I've seen the contractors use, we could've done that job in a few days.  Even so, we managed to dramatically lower the cost of the reconstruction effort and did as good a demolition job as anyone else would've done.

As far as politics are concerned, this false narrative that people who voted for President Trump didn't know what they were doing or were somehow tricked or misled into voting for him by a foreign country is one that only leftist ideologues would ever believe.  Since I don't have Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media account, and I don't watch CBS, CNN, FOX, or MSNBC, someone really must explain to me how mass media or a foreign government sponsored social media ad campaign affected my decision about who to vote for.

Trump supporters didn't show up, en masse, at Clinton rallies to threaten Clinton supporters or try to prevent them from attending political rallies.  Trump supporters didn't riot in the streets when President Obama was elected.  Only communist subversives who believe they have a religious mandate to physically attack anyone who doesn't share their evil ideology exhibited that sort of behavior.  The Democrat Party has become a political tool for communist subversives who want violent overthrow of any government that doesn't subscribe to their communist ideology.  The people of the United States who voted for President Trump did so because they knew who had their interests in mind and Marie Antoinette's sister from another mother wasn't that person.

There's nothing "tinted" about the way I see things.  When someone spouts off a self-destructive communist ideology that they adhere to with religious zealotry because they've never had to deal with the consequences of their ideology, I simply call it out for what it is.  The only end game for the Democrat Party, and the Republican Party lately, has been the complete destruction of America.  President Trump is neither a Democrat nor a Republican, but at least he cares about whether or not America continues to exist in a form that's vaguely recognizable to the average American.  Senator Sanders did, too.  If the Democrats hadn't attempted to elect Gollum as our President, I could've simply sat on my hands on election day.  I didn't vote for Trump in the Republican primary.  Former Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton, only cares about "the precious".  Thankfully, Smeagol is free!

President Trump can be persuaded to change his course of action and is willing to make deals, so long as those deals are favorable to American interests.  Former Presidents Bush and Obama were so obsessed with their own ideologies that our so-called allies started making deals with our economic and military adversaries.  A President Clinton would've forced America into a nuclear war with Russia and thought nothing of it, so long as she still had "the precious".  She's a high functioning sociopath with not a care in the world for anyone but herself.

Since the Clinton Foundation took in millions from foreign countries, does your commentary about President Trump being vulnerable to manipulation by foreign governments also apply to former Secretary of State Clinton, or would she simply hand state secrets to our enemies through her own arrogance and not care about the consequences as long as she could get away with it?  I don't believe that what she did even registers with her.  As far as her ideology is concerned, President Obama's administration just sat on their hands while terrorists murdered our diplomatic personnel in Libya because it didn't fit the campaign narrative that al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups had been defeated and it was an election year.  Who could be bothered with preventing American diplomatic personnel from being slaughtered by terrorists when there were important lies to proliferate about how great the Obama administration was at defeating those terrorists who could never be referred to as "radical islamists", lest we "offend the sensibilities" of people who want to murder us?

If President Trump has done something illegal, then our federal government had many years to gather evidence and prosecute him for that.  They're either so incompetent at their jobs that someone has to be elected President to warrant an investigation or maybe there's nothing there except for a liberal regressive attempt to reverse the votes of the people who are fed up with the criminality of the people in our government.  President Obama's administration had 8 years to work his "hope and change" magic.  Apart from more blatant criminality, like using DoJ to sell guns to drug cartels and terrorists, using the IRS to target his political enemies, and using the NSA to spy on his political enemies, nothing else changed, unless adding more to the national debt than all previous Presidents combined counts as "hope and change".  Maybe that's "change you can believe in", but I decided to cast a dissenting vote.

Lastly, a "fierce independent" who only votes for the Democrat Party's candidates is not independent at all, except in his head.  In the past, I've voted for independent candidates for President.  They lost because people like you who were too "fierce in their heads" and too "timid at the ballot box" to actually exercise the principles they said they believed in.  That critique applies equally to my actions in the last election.  I quit caring about principles and started concerning myself with the reality of voting for the lesser of two evils since the rest of the electorate in America reduces their political options to Democrat or Republican.  My options were a known criminal and someone who could potentially be a criminal, even though there is still no evidence presented to the public to support such a claim.

I've never seen one man so vigorously blamed and vilified for the personal failings of the Democrat and Republican politi-criminals and their support network of useful idiots.  After the Democrats lost the election, they doubled-down on every moronic policy that cost them the election and they're still clueless about why they lost because they're stuck on stupid.  Suspect anything you want as much as you want, but I'll wait for the results of Robert Mueller's investigation before passing judgement because I still have a small amount of objectivity about this entire sordid affair.  The more nonsensical blather I read from our media, of any political persuasion, the less objective I become.

#7 2017-09-19 16:55:44

SpaceNut
Administrator

What is important to the tampering is it led to Huntsman says Moscow's meddling led to low level of trust between the two former Cold War foes as a result of the meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

"There is no question that the Russian government interfered in the U.S. election last year and Moscow continues to meddle in the democratic processes of our friends and allies," said Huntsman, who also noted that Russia continues to disregard its commitments to arms control treaties.

"Right now we're at a low point," he said. "It reminds me of 1986."

He said he would not hesitate to remind Russian officials that they are accountable for their actions.

Exclusive: Trump using campaign, RNC funds to pay legal bills from Russia probe

The U.S. Federal Election Commission allows the use of private campaign funds to pay legal bills arising from being a candidate or elected official.
Trump would be the first U.S. president in the modern campaign finance era to use such funds to cover the costs of responding to a criminal probe, said election law experts.

Special counsel Robert Mueller is looking at possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in last year's election, and whether Trump may have obstructed justice by firing FBI Director James Comey, among other actions.

#8 2017-10-27 21:18:01

SpaceNut
Administrator

#9 2017-10-28 21:14:51

SpaceNut
Administrator

Possibles for speculation contained in article Analysis: 5 Possible Outcomes of First Mueller Indictments to which some hit close to home for President Trump....

Following the money Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, Carter Page plans to plead the Fifth , Jared Kushner or Donald Trump Jr. and with a possible Trump fires Mueller outcome since he had removed FBI director Comey this last option would be admitting guilt.

#10 2017-10-29 17:56:21

SpaceNut
Administrator

The Russians interfered in our electoral process, an investigation into whether Donald Trump and those around him had fore knowledge of those attempts. In what their relationships were with Russians, business relationships that might have made them vulnerable to Russian objectives. As Russia Probe Heats Up, Conservatives Call For Special Counsel Mueller To Quit, of course the GOP view the investigation as a witch hunt...Not...

Top House Intel member ‘can’t comment’ if Trump under investigation in Russia probe

#11 2017-10-29 23:21:12

Antius

SpaceNut wrote:

The Russians interfered in our electoral process, an investigation into whether Donald Trump and those around him had fore knowledge of those attempts. In what their relationships were with Russians, business relationships that might have made them vulnerable to Russian objectives. As Russia Probe Heats Up, Conservatives Call For Special Counsel Mueller To Quit, of course the GOP view the investigation as a witch hunt...Not...

Top House Intel member ‘can’t comment’ if Trump under investigation in Russia probe

Spacenut, how exactly did the Russians do that?  From what I remember, Israel, Saudi Arabia and China all make significant campaign contributions to the Democratic party.  Are you telling us that this is OK, but it is not OK for the Russians to do the same thing?

Whichever way the last election had gone, the US would be stuck with a president with dubious connections.  Hillary Clinton is one of the most corrupt and thoroughly vile creatures on Earth.  Trump managed to win the last election partly because the alternative was so evidently awful.

Last edited by Antius (2017-10-29 23:24:31)

#12 2017-10-30 15:25:23

GW Johnson
Website

Robert is quite right.  The statement equating Democrats and communists is nothing but far-right echo chamber bullshit.  Too many believe it,  too.  When I go to the trouble of visiting one of those sites that starts this stuff,  such as Bannon/Breitbart,  I could usually trace it ultimately to Sputnik or RT (Russia Today).  Now there are a whole plethora of Russian internet trolls spreading this bullshit precisely to divide us.  And that has been working for them.  Myself,  I consider this an act of war.

Kbd512,  you ought to ashamed of yourself falling for this crap.  Come out of your echo chamber and look around at the real world once again,  please.

As for Mueller's investigation,  what I hope to see is misdeeds caught and punished,  regardless of party or organizational affiliation. 

I think he is enough of a public servant to do exactly that.  When he does,  you will see indictments against some parties from both Trump's campaign,  and from Clinton's campaign,  for both indulged in this Russian connection crap.  How high up this goes,  we'll see. 

It'll be people like Mueller who actually do a little "swamp draining".  None of the politicians will,  that much is certain. 

I think I have said this before:  my grandfather told me the real tools for good government were tar,  feathers,  guns,  and ropes.  It's my opinion that it has been way too many decades since they were used in DC.  And a lot of state houses.  And some locals.

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2017-10-30 15:27:22)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#13 2017-11-21 13:21:53

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

How much human and environmental damage was done from the past two wars we've fought in the Middle East?  We can get our oil from here or overseas, but either way there's a price tag attached to it.  How well have those giant tanker ships worked out for comparison purposes?  When will Tesla manage to get those 500K Model 3's per year cranked out so we can all buy one?  Right now, oil and gas is what's keeping the lights on.  We may not like it, but the alternatives haven't been as widely implemented as we'd like.

How's that Trump-Russia collusion investigation going?  I haven't seen any posts in awhile and I was worried that your hopes had faded.

Today I heard that that radiation release from Russia's Mayak nuclear weapons facility back in September spewed radiation across Europe.  I guess it's a good thing that the Obama Administration didn't approve the sale of nuclear materials to those nitwits.  Oh, wait, I forgot...  All clowning aside, did Mueller ever find out why the Obama Administration permitted the sale of Uranium to our arch-enemy that somehow wasn't back when they were still good communists like our beloved Democrats?

The other day I heard from an anonymous source that it was actually President Trump, rather than former President Obama, who approved the sale of Uranium to the Russians.  The anonymous source was just something I made up in my head because I don't like President Trump wink, but I thought it might be a good way for the media and the Democrats to cover their entire face with egg so they don't have to look anyone in the eyes when they lie to them.

At least we have a President who "only" wants to start a war with a country armed with a few nuclear weapons instead of a few thousand nuclear weapons.  Miracles never cease.  Maybe we could get the Democrats at State to approve the sale of Uranium to North Korea while were at it.  What could possibly go wrong, either way?

#14 2017-11-21 21:42:34

SpaceNut
Administrator

Robert Mueller’s team is digging into Jared Kushner’s contacts with Russian operatives. Kushner has consistently lied about meetings and contacts with Russians. Yet he keeps failing to disclose things that raise real questions about whether he colluded with Moscow during the campaign — and whether he’s been trying to cover it up ever since. Here Are All The Times Jared Kushner Broke The Law By Concealing Russia-Related Docs From Congress
Then there is another Trump that has been outed as Eric Trump Lashes Out At Forbes For Exposing His Charity Scam just like Dad and his foundation.

Federal Judge Permanently Blocks Trump’s Executive Order On Sanctuary Cities which was designed to crack down on so-called “sanctuary cities,” municipalities that do not comply with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) requests for assistance with identifying and deporting undocumented immigrants. Which was snaring the good ombre and not just the crocks, so now maybe the cities will step up the real bad guy's instead of the ones becoming American.

#15 2017-11-23 23:13:00

SpaceNut
Administrator

Michael Flynn breaks ties with Trump lawyers over Russia investigation A move by former national security adviser to lesson or keep his son as well out of jail. As special counsel Robert Mueller over election interference continues to find collusion efforts to undermine Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. A Split From Trump Indicates That Flynn Is Moving to Cooperate With Mueller

5 Things On Michael Flynn, Russia And Donald Trump

Flynn's lawyers had openly shared information about the special counsel's investigation with the president's legal team but most recently that has changed as Flynn's communications with Mr. Trump's legal team have been terminated. It is common for defense lawyers to share investigation information, but this practice becomes unethical once a conflict of interest presents itself. Michael Flynn's legal team recently informed President Trump's lawyers that they can no longer discuss special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation-- a move that indicates Flynn, Mr. Trump's former national security adviser, may now be cooperating with the investigation into potential Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and Trump campaign collusion with the Kremlin. Trump's legal team has been expecting this development for weeks. They have been awaiting either an indictment of Flynn or his son, or a plea deal involving one of both.

#16 2017-11-25 15:41:40

SpaceNut
Administrator

The extent of Russian meddling in the presidential election is the subject of multiple investigations and a U.S. intelligence community assessment that the country waged overt and covert campaigns in an attempt to interfere with the political process.
The social media giant has said that potentially 150 million people have seen the Russian-linked content on Facebook and Instagram plus more as you have many other sites that were used even twitter.

Facebook will let users know if they liked Russian-linked election propaganda

Facebook has developed a new tool that it says will allow users to see if they liked or followed accounts and content linked to a Russian internet company that was outed as a troll farm after the 2016 elections.  The feature will allow users to see which, if any, accounts made by the Internet Research Agency — a Russian internet company that was revealed as a troll farm after the election and purchased some 3,000 ads — they liked or followed from January 2015 to August 2017.

It will show not specific ads or posts that users may have seen but only the pages and accounts a user has liked or followed.

The tool is set to be available by the end of the year in the Facebook Help Center.

Well thats nice, but are you not a lot late at doing your diligence to keep the service free from such false information and why can you not show the original pages.....

Here is another jobs and income impact for each time Trump visits his properties.... Local Palm Beach business owner said he loses $1,000 a day when Trump visit

When President Trump arrived at his Florida estate for the Thanksgiving holiday, his return was not welcome news for some local business owners and community members.  The reason for many is not political, or even personal. It’s business.

For Iftach Shimonovitc, who makes a living offering helicopter sightseeing tours in Palm Beach, Florida, every day the president is in town can mean upwards of a thousand dollars in lost revenue.

“The problem is, when the president comes in town, we can’t fly. They issue a flight restriction to the area and we cannot do any sightseeing operations,” Shimonovitc, owner of Southern Helicopters, told ABC News in an interview.

His vists are a threat to his bussiness....

#17 2017-11-26 11:57:54

SpaceNut
Administrator

Anger at Robert Mueller is burning white-hot on the right and in conservative media, where calls for the special counsel to recuse himself from the investigation into Russian election meddling have reached a fever pitch.

The Uranium One sale was a deal, which at the time gave Russia ownership of about 20 percent of America's uranium production capacity, was approved by nine members on the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) in 2010 to the Russia state-owned nuclear firm Rosatom. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission approved the deal because Uranium One only has a license for uranium recovery, not uranium export.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/co … -cfius.asp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee … ted_States

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/04/no-vet … nium-deal/

#18 2017-11-26 18:45:51

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

I understand that Democrats are upset about the election results, but the "experts" on all the liberal TV shows spent about six months of their lives painting a picture of their own private fantasy land where everyone in the US was simply going to crown Hillary Clinton empress for life.  That clearly didn't happen and there's a rather simple explanation as to why that didn't happen.  When it comes to our beliefs about the best way to run a country, it's so blatantly obvious that we have fundamentally different ideas about what works best that only brain dead ideologues could possibly miss it.  We could sail a super tanker between our differences in ideology.

All the derision of people with different ideas, insults directed towards people who are just part of the general public, false accusations or claims of racism / homophobia / xenophobia, and the criminality on the part of the rioters who attempted to prevent people from exercising their freedom of speech by attending President Trump's political rallies just sealed the deal.  If the Democrat Party and their supporters keep doing those things on an unprecedented scale, then they're going to keep losing elections in places where a majority of the people don't share their ideology.  The longer they stick with the "we're so special because we think we are and you suck because we said so" ideology, the worse their political position will become.

The Democrats need to at least attempt to run a campaign where they don't immediately insinuate or falsely claim that anyone who doesn't agree with their ideology is a racist / bigot / homophobe / xenophobe.  The people have caught on to that sort of foolishness and they're just not falling for it anymore, so it's time to try something different.  If that's the only response the Democrats have to legitimate concerns about people who have no intention of ever following our laws, then they really don't have an argument 99.99% of the time.  The number of people who actually hate other people in this country is so small as to be downright silly to ever legitimize that tiny minority's position by claiming that 50% of the population thinks less of someone else because of where they're from, their skin color, or their god of preference.

Regarding this sham investigation being conducted by Democrat Party donors, President Trump has been investigated for over a year now without any evidence of wrongdoing being uncovered by either former FBI Directors Comey or Mueller.  The most logical reason why no evidence has been forthcoming is that it simply doesn't exist.  It's a political ploy intended to de-legitimize his Presidency.

President Obama stood up on national television and stated that the results of the last election were determined by the people of the United States.  Do you question either the integrity of President Obama, the ability of the people he appointed to the Justice Department to conduct investigations?  If you do, then basically you're telling us the Democrats elected people who were either untrustworthy or incompetent or perhaps both.  If the Democrats are either untrustworthy or incompetent, then explain to the rest of us who didn't vote for former Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton, why someone who stole classified information from government computer systems and then lied about it under oath after she unsuccessfully attempted to destroy the evidence was a more trustworthy and competent candidate to lead the United States?

I don't think you have an adequate answer for those questions and that is why the American people elected Donald Trump President of the United States of America.

Regarding the Uranium One deal, what do you suppose will be done with the recovered Uranium?  Do you think these companies that recover Uranium do that so it can sit in storage casks somewhere?  Maybe your ideology will cause you to dismiss things you don't agree with, but you can't possibly be that naive about what everyone who has Uranium does with it.

In point of fact, the Obama administration approved the export of yellowcake to Europe.  It just did so in a very surreptitious way.  Your guess as to where it went from there is as good as mine.  I wouldn't be too surprised if it ended up in Russian hands.  You don't think the Russians purchased a Canadian Uranium mining firm with significant American Uranium mining assets, after which control was transferred to Rosatom, for charity's sake, do you?

Your assertion that Uranium One does not have an export license is a farce, merely a shell game for those familiar with the concept:

Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show

Why would Democrats ever approve the sale of "Uranium Anything" to Rosatom?  I thought Russia was Public Enemy #1.  Maybe this is just another lame attempt by the Democrats to cover up their criminality and blame the Republicans for their criminal acts.

#19 2017-11-26 19:01:42

kbd512
Administrator

When are we going to fully investigate this?:

FBI informant gathered years of evidence on Russian push for US nuclear fuel deals, including Uranium One, memos show

Maybe special counsel needs to investigate what William Campbell discovered about the Uranium One deal and why former FBI Director Mueller had the FBI pay $251K for Mr. Campbell's services, which led to felony convictions, but made no attempt to stop the deal.  It seems implausible that nobody at the FBI or State was aware of what was going on when the FBI had a paid informant uncovering Russian attempts to control our Uranium supply.

#20 2017-12-02 14:26:36

SpaceNut
Administrator

From the table read the 4 groupings and the taxation on each it gives the wealthy a tax break and puts in motion the old trickle down to the economy....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 … fects.html

“The GOP tax scam is a product of haste, carelessness and cruelty," Pelosi wrote. "It was written on Republicans’ trickle-down delusions, not analysis or facts.  It was written first and foremost for the wealthiest one percent, not middle class families trying to get ahead."

The bill is not yet finalized.

Saturday's vote means the Senate and House have passed similar tax reform plans, but negotiators from both chambers will start meeting Monday to agree on a single piece of legislation that both chambers must approve before it is sent to the president for his signature.

With any vote there are alsways sides and to claim that one or the other will lose there seat due to the vote is opinion and silly....
http://wjhl.com/2017/12/02/corker-votes … form-bill/
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/ … index.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos … c045ea5316

There has been a number of representatives that are not seeking re-election in 2018..so add this one to that group Democratic Rep. Sandy Levin, Michigan

Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the Justice Department’s Russia collusion investigation, removed an FBI agent from the case over possible anti-Trump text messages. The agent has been identified as Peter Strzok, one of the agency’s most experienced and trusted counterintelligence investigators. Strzok also worked on the FBI investigation last year into whether then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton mishandled classified information through her use of private email servers while secretary of State.

Sure this is free speech of an individual but since they are part of the investigation there is no place for it nor bias of it and the individual oppinions must wait until its done.

#21 2017-12-24 22:33:17

SpaceNut
Administrator

The disinformation band is sounding loudly in the How Fox News and President Trump created a Campaign Against Mueller Probe. For months, efforts to discredit special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 campaign flickered at the fringes of political debate.

The FBI is probing a defunct bank in Cyprus that had been used by affluent Russians and has been accused by the U.S of money laundering. U.S. investigators and the Treasury Department reportedly requested information about FBME Bank from the Central Bank of Cyprus in November. Bloomberg reported last month that authorities in Cyprus provided Mueller's team with documents detailing the financial activities of Manafort and his business associate Richard Gates just days before they were indicted last fall. 

The indictment against Manafort and Gates claims the pair had funneled over $75 million through foreign bank accounts in Cyprus and other countries. Manafort and Gates had at least 15 accounts with Cypriot banks.

President Trump's voter fraud commission farce was directed by U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly In a 24-page opinion said that the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity appeared to keep one of its members, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap (D), in the dark about its work. The commission has been the subject of controversy for months. It was created to investigate voter fraud, but critics have accused the panel's work of being politically motivated and geared toward validating Trump's widely debunked claim that he would have won the popular vote in the 2016 presidential election if not for widespread voter fraud.

Senator Bernie Sanders on Sunday refreshed his attack on Donald Trump’s tax cuts, criticizing the measures for making cuts to middle class …as Trump celebrates with friends: 'You all just got a lot richer' comments to guests at Mar-a-Lago.

“At the end of 10 years, 83% of the the benefits go to the top 1%, 60% of the benefits go to the top one-tenth of 1%, meanwhile well over 80 million Americans will be paying more in taxes, 13 million will lose their healthcare and we will have an additional $1.4tn deficit ...”

Trump’s refusal to release his tax returns makes this hard to gauge accurately. Fact Check Tax Plan

#22 2018-01-07 16:44:12

SpaceNut
Administrator

GSession recused himself early from the Russian probe and is now underfire for not clamping down on the FBI and more....Two leaders of the House Freedom Caucus, Reps. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), called on Sessions to step aside in an op-ed Friday, charging he has lost control of the Department of Justice and the FBI. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) in an interview Friday accused Sessions of betraying Trump by giving Mueller unfettered ability to investigate the president. With GOP attacks on the investigation increasing to which the case for obstruction of justice

The list of those that have been nominated and or resigned from the presidents positions have another to add to the list. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Sunday that he would not serve in President Trump’s Cabinet. Lindsey Graham a hard 'no' on joining Trump administration

Already setting turnover records More departures on horizon for struggling White House staff an increasing struggle to fill vacancies, shadowed by the unrelenting Russia probe, political squabbling and Trump's own low poll numbers.

#23 2018-01-31 08:53:49

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

There's no there there.  The Democrat Party's attempts to discredit President Trump's election have utterly failed.  Apart from prosecuting a couple people for things they did before they ever worked for President Trump, Mueller hasn't found a shred of evidence that President Trump did anything illegal during the election.  If any of his campaign staff under indictment for things they did or didn't do before they worked for him were able to cut a deal with the prosecutors for leniency, then they would've done so by now.

Maybe you should listen to President Trump's predecessor, former President Obama, when he said that the elections were fair and represented the will of the American people.  Sometimes you have to accept that your opinion isn't shared by everyone else.  I know that's a tough pill to swallow for people who are cloistered in their echo chambers, but there's an entire world beyond the regressive echo chamber of self-deception and anti-logic.

The Democrat's have wasted a year of President Trump's time, and the time of his staff, working on responses to Democrat lies and deception.  It's time to accept reality.  President Trump will be President for another three years, whether you like it or not.  He's the response and the antidote to regressive group-think.  Stop deceiving yourselves.  Apart from the Nazi Party, America has never known a larger or more organized hate group than the liberal regressive Democrat Party of today.  They hate anyone and anything that does not support their agenda.  Their hate-filled agenda, rather than what's best for all Americans, is what's on display for all the world to see.

After this second politically motivated "dossier" / "opinion of President Trump from people who hate him" is proven to be a "big nothing burger", as Communist News Network's employees would say, there will be a third.  When that fails, there will be more opinions from people who hate our President, and so on.  It's pretty pathetic.  I'm just happy that so many of my fellow Americans rejected this hate-filled regressive group think during the last election cycle.

#24 2018-03-14 17:46:19

SpaceNut
Administrator

Britain’s tough response in holding Russia responsible for a poisoning attack on its soil was to expelled 23 Russian diplomats and vowed to crack down on Russian spies, corrupt elites and ill-gotten wealth in Britain.
Trump, Pressured to Criticize Russia for Poisoning, Leaves Comment to Aides

The pattern resembles the way Mr. Trump has responded to the consensus finding of American intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections. He has allowed top advisers to condemn Moscow for its election meddling but personally has used equivocal language in saying he accepts the conclusion — and generally expresses no outrage or criticism of Mr. Putin.

Again missing the point.....

More than six in 10 Americans are at least somewhat concerned about potential Russian interference in the 2018 elections.  Poll: Most Americans concerned about Russian interference in midterm elections

#25 2018-03-14 20:37:23

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

You guys are like a broken record.  Seriously.  You're not fooling anyone else except yourselves.  Russians didn't get President Trump elected.  Americans elected President Trump.  I wouldn't have voted for Hillary Clinton if she was the only candidate running for office.  I'm sure that's what the liberals prefer so they can force their agenda on everyone else, but some of the rest of us think their agenda is a steaming pile of bovine excrement.  Apart from upsetting liberals who can't come to terms with the fact that their candidate lost because she wasn't a very good candidate, the rest of us accept the fact that the Russians attempted to do in our elections what we attempt to do in everyone else's elections.  You can thank your State Department and CIA for continually messing with everyone else to the point that they feel the need to start messing with us.  That same agitation of continually being poked with a stick is what lead to Donald Trump becoming President Trump.  Stop poking everyone else with a stick.  Stop agitating for changes that the rest of us don't want.  If you wanna call boys girls and girls boys in California, be my guest.  Stop trying to pedal that nonsense here in Texas.  I could care less what anyone else chooses to do in the free time, but I don't need to indulge them in their fantasies.  In short, keep that liberal nonsense on the east and west coast where it belongs and there won't be any more Trumps.  Otherwise, prepare yourself for more of the same.

Board footer