New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#651 2017-04-17 00:53:07

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

Re: Politics

SpaceNut wrote:

The alternate truth about the Trump's executive orders don't always fulfill bold claims

Such as the pipes that were supposed to be made in the USA for the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipeline projects as the truth is it would be unfair, for the TransCanada, company building the line, as it had long ago bought its pipe, some of it made in the U.S., and the rest in Canada, Italy and India.

This is also false as Trump claims immunity as president from protesters' lawsuit as not even the president is above the law.....

Tax Day protesters across US demand Trump release tax returns as part of taxation reform but all Trump wants to hear is the Election is over......Trump's break with precedent has raised questions about possible conflicts of interest.

If given a choice, would you rather see Trump's tax returns or would you rather have tax cuts? Would you also like to see a picture of Donald Trump naked? Maybe we should protest until Donald Trump releases pictures of himself naked, would you like that? Thissue seems pretty stupid to me! How come all these people want to see Trump's taxes, are they a bunch of voyeurs? Are they a bunch of busy bodies minding other people's business? Would you like a list of all of Ivanka and Tifany  Trumps boyfriends? what other private stuff of the Trump family would you like to see?

The documents seen by CIA director denounces Wikileaks, a group Trump has praised but by Director Mike Pompeo as a "hostile intelligence service"

Is it the job of the CIA to spy on the opposition presidential candidates and their campaign staffs? Excuse me but this is what police states do! Do you want Trump to order the CIA to spy on the Democratic Presidential candidates, is this now standard operating procedure?

President Trump changes stance on 4 campaign positions in just 1 day as Wednesday, President Trump declared that China is not a currency manipulator, entertained the possibility of re-appointing Janet Yellen as chair of the Federal Reserve, asserted that NATO is a relevant alliance and expressed a favorable view of the Export-Import Bank. Then there is this Border wall could leave some Americans on 'Mexican side' which is picking up some heat on as why we would do this to American is grabbing hold.

So? Maybe if Putin didn't allow Syria to use poison gas, Trump wouldn't have changed his position on NATO. You see Putin is not behaving nice. I kind of think North Korea developing nukes and missiles is a tad more important. Trump is a negotiator, he is prepared to be flexible in exchange for action on China's part in making North Korea behave itself. Do you have something against this?

#652 2017-04-22 19:00:08

SpaceNut
Administrator

This is the promissed jobs tat Trump campaigned about as Stores are closing at an epic pace

This week it was Bebe. Last month it was Staples. In February it was JCPenney... and you can continue to add to this list as some of the Payless shoe stores are closing, Radioshack stores, and Macy's is shutting down 68 locations plus Kmart / sears as well are looking to close some locations as well....

Negative job growth continues.....

#653 2017-04-22 19:31:16

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

That's the internet for you. The Internet tends to cut out the middleman, in the future, people will order direct from factories have them delivered by mail through the internet. there will be warehouses which store groceries for order, trucks from canning packaging facilities, slaughterhouses and farms will deliver to these warehouses, other smaller trucks will deliver these groceries from the warehouses to people's homes, or else there will be stores with no cashiers for groceries, people will pick up their groceries, put them on a cart and walk out the door. The trucks will have no drivers, robots would unload these trucks and put the merchandise on shelves, security guards will guard the stores to make sure nothing is stolen. Store jobs is not where the future is, that is the past, and there is nothing Donald Trump can or should do bout it!

#654 2017-04-27 21:38:35

SpaceNut
Administrator

In his latest assault on protections for federal lands, president Donald Trump has just signed an executive order that calls For The Elimination Of National Parks To Allow Oil And Gas Drilling...more greed

bigbear-national-monument-400x240.jpg

#655 2017-04-28 06:02:51

RobertDyck
Website

Trump said he wants to cancel NAFTA. He claims the president of Mexico and Prime Minister of Canada asked him to renegotiate rather than cancel it. Asshole. Obvious negotiating ploy. And I don't think he can cancel it without approval from Congress. It would certainly do harm to the US economy. The country each state exports most to, for 35 states it's Canada.
exports-state-map.png
(Source: US Census Bureau)

#656 2017-05-01 03:23:48

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

SpaceNut wrote:

In his latest assault on protections for federal lands, president Donald Trump has just signed an executive order that calls For The Elimination Of National Parks To Allow Oil And Gas Drilling...more greed

http://politicaldig.com/wp-content/uplo … 00x240.jpg

Yes, I am greedy, I like to keep my money when I go to fill my gas tank at the pump, and I don't like to give to Arab charities such as Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, or the Islamic Brotherhood, that is why I like to develop domestic sources of energy! How exactly did the Federal Government acquire this land in the first place? By declaring them "National Monuments" by Presidential Fiat? You understand that most of the land out West is owned by the Federal Government and was acquired by this means? You also understand that the Federal Government has $20 Trillion in debt? What happens if the Federal Government sells this land to pay off he debt? Then it can balance its budget without raising taxes, maybe even cut taxes and grow the economy for a change, then we can fund an ambitious space program!

#657 2017-05-09 20:15:13

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

Too many Democrats are still hoping for Impeachment as a means of replacing our President, they are not sure about of what to Impeach him for, there are fruitless investigations going on of his ties to the Russians, but it is turning out that it is entirely fiction, and it is making it difficult for the President to attempt to reduce tensions between the US and Russia if the Democrats continue this "witch hunt!" Vladimir Putin has not made it easy for Trump either, with his support of dictators that use chemical weapons, and for th threatening maneuvers of Russian aircraft and ships with respect to US and NATO territory. you have to admit, Putin has not tried very hard to get along with us and live a peaceful existence. Democrats, until recently, we defending Putin's aggressive and imperialistic foreign policy, but they can't really do o now while at the same time accusing Donald Trump of being unduly influenced by the Russians! I bet a lot of Democrats would like to, but they want to attack Trump. Once it is proven that Russian influence I baseless, they'll get back down to defending our hostile enemies and adversaries, finding excuses to justify their every offensive move. But Putin is finding this frustrating as well, the press isn't defending them as much as they used to, because they are too busy attacking Trump, and its hard to do both at the same time.

Last edited by Tom Kalbfus (2017-05-09 20:16:46)

#658 2017-05-10 09:32:28

SpaceNut
Administrator

That impeachment process is as well being joined by the disatisfied Republicans as well....The one shield in FBI director has been fired as well for this to continue done the path as the Russian Dominoe's continue to fall.....

Senate panel subpoenas Flynn for Russia docs, Comey reportedly requested help for Russia probe days before being fired and with that Trump's decision to fire Comey raises questions in even the republican ranks.... America is witnessing a Constitutional crisis, says leading Democrat...with Trump Keeps Acting Like He Has Something to Hide

The official spin from the White House, dutifully repeated by all of President Donald Trump’s Republican enablers, is that Kremlingate is a big nothingburger. Or as White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Fox News Tuesday night after the shocking dismissal of FBI Director James Comey: “I think the bigger point on that is, my gosh Tucker, when are they going to let that go? Unfortunately for the White House, this air of nonchalance is belied by a man who is in a far better position than a deputy press secretary to know what actually transpired during last year’s campaign. To which they all want us to move on...

So Did AG Sessions Violate His Recusal by Advising on Comey Firing? Legal experts say Sessions may have indeed violated his own recusal standard, though the unusual issue is by no means clear-cut. Sessions, who has said he has had no improper contact with the Russians, concluded after meeting with DOJ ethics lawyers in March "I should not be involved in investigating a campaign I had a role in."

You remember that pipeline that was stopped and then the regulations were all removed to make it happen well a leak is a leak no matter what size it is all that was needed is to be anywhere near water.... Dakota Access Pipeline Springs a Small Leak in South Dakota

#659 2017-05-11 02:02:10

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

SpaceNut wrote:

That impeachment process is as well being joined by the disatisfied Republicans as well....The one shield in FBI director has been fired as well for this to continue done the path as the Russian Dominoe's continue to fall.....

You mean John McCain don't you? Do you know what happened to the Republican Party in the wake of Watergate? Nothing good! Well John McCain is trying to instigate a Watergate on his own party. Well it looks like John McCain rode on Trump's coat tails in 2016 to be reelected to a sixth Term in the US Senate. Has John McCain shown any appreciation for that fact? Nope! He was hoping that Hillary Clinton would win and all the fine Republicans in his state would elect him anyway, maybe splitting the ticket, voting for him and then Hillary, then Hillary could teach John McCain to fetch, roll over, and play dead, and then she could reward him with a bowl of dog food, of perhaps a doggie treat if he acts as a real good "lap dog" for the Democratic Party. In all honesty, why should the Republicans vote for such a fake Republican as John McCain? If they wanted to vote liberal, they could elect a Democrat, John's next election is in 2022, I'm getting a feeling this is going to be his last term in office, I don't think the Arizona Republicans will be played for a sucker one more time.

Senate panel subpoenas Flynn for Russia docs, Comey reportedly requested help for Russia probe days before being fired and with that Trump's decision to fire Comey raises questions in even the republican ranks.... America is witnessing a Constitutional crisis, says leading Democrat...with Trump Keeps Acting Like He Has Something to Hide

So you think that if you search hard enough, you can always find it even if its not there? How much money do you think NASA should spend searching for UFOs that are alien spaceships? How much money should the Federal Government spend on Loch Ness Monster research? These things are not proven to exist, does that mean we should search harder, or redirect our efforts to more productive avenues? The Democrats are using the fact that no evidence was found as a reason to keep on searching, but we can't prove that UFOs are alien spaceships either, does that mean not enough money was spent to investigate these claims. How about paranormal research, should we have a real Ghostbusters? How much money should we spend on quackery?

The official spin from the White House, dutifully repeated by all of President Donald Trump’s Republican enablers, is that Kremlingate is a big nothingburger. Or as White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Fox News Tuesday night after the shocking dismissal of FBI Director James Comey: “I think the bigger point on that is, my gosh Tucker, when are they going to let that go? Unfortunately for the White House, this air of nonchalance is belied by a man who is in a far better position than a deputy press secretary to know what actually transpired during last year’s campaign. To which they all want us to move on...

Seems that the Democrats hated James Comey until Trump decided to get rid of him! Have you seen this interview with Maxine Waters? The Democrats sure do have a tough time explaining themselves. Chuck Schumer was calling for James Comey to resign, until Trump fired him, and now Chuck Schumer is complaining about that! What do you call Chuck's knee jerk opposition to the only President from New York since FDR was last President of the United States? In stead of trying to help his fellow New Yorker to be a memorable President, Chuck Schumer is being an oppositional impediment, thinking only about the perceived good of his party and not of his country or state! Chuck Schumer is not a loyal American, he is a Democrat trying to gain power instead!, It looks like Chuck is facing another reelection in 2022 just like John McCain. If New York Voters only want a Democrat to win and don't care about the results other than that, they can vote for Chuck Schumer in 2022! But personally, I would like to see Chuck get chucked! politics is not a game for the average voter, it is not a sport where they can sit on the sidelines and the result does not affect them except for bragging rights!

So Did AG Sessions Violate His Recusal by Advising on Comey Firing? Legal experts say Sessions may have indeed violated his own recusal standard, though the unusual issue is by no means clear-cut. Sessions, who has said he has had no improper contact with the Russians, concluded after meeting with DOJ ethics lawyers in March "I should not be involved in investigating a campaign I had a role in."

But there is no evidence of wrong doing except for the part where a private American citizen was unmasked.
You know what the standard is, "Innocent until proven guilty!" No Witch Hunts! It is a waste of government resources to pursue improbable and unproven leads. The FBI should not b investigating UFO or Bigfoot, of anything else where their is no evidence, there are people who swear they have seen a UFO, its only that their film was over exposed, or the UFO flew too fast, or the UFO zapped his camera with a ray beam, and that is his excuse for presenting no concrete proof of a UFO sighting. So I say we should treat the Russian connection just as we would a UFO sighting, there is no proof after seven months of investigations, and the FBI's resources are limited, there are murders to investigate, and investing time and money in this political witch hunt is taking away resources from criminal investigations.

You remember that pipeline that was stopped and then the regulations were all removed to make it happen well a leak is a leak no matter what size it is all that was needed is to be anywhere near water.... Dakota Access Pipeline Springs a Small Leak in South Dakota

Last edited by Tom Kalbfus (2017-05-11 02:19:13)

#660 2017-05-18 20:34:37

SpaceNut
Administrator

This is government beauracracy ats its deepest time in slow motion.....

waiting to hear whether he will be granted one of only 10,000 visas that are reserved each year for immigrants who are victims of crimes and agree to help law enforcement solve them. Nearly two years after his U visa petition was filed, he has no choice but to continue to wait. On March 18, 2004, he and his brother were attacked and stabbed with box cutters in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, by two other undocumented men.

Not so fast....

U visa holders may eventually petition for permanent residency and help their family members stay in the U.S. as well.

The number of U visas granted hovers around 10,000 each year, according to USCIS. But the number of U visa petitions nearly tripled from 2010 to 2015, from 10,742 to 30,106, according to USCIS.

So a back log that is not taken care of...

#661 2017-05-21 11:15:24

SpaceNut
Administrator

The call for impeachment by a Texas congressman receives threats over call for impeachment seven-term Democrat Congressman threatened with lynching after calling for Trump's impeachment

Green took to the House floor on Wednesday to say he believes Mr. Trump committed obstruction of justice and no one's above the law.

Mr. Trump, a Republican, has dismissed criticism of his firing of FBI Director James Comey amid the agency's investigation of possible links between Russia and Trump campaign associates.

Rubio on White House drama: "People got what they voted for"

#662 2017-05-26 16:22:43

SpaceNut
Administrator

Still in a negative jobs growth:
34 companies that could be the next to announce mass store closures

Just to name a few  Neiman Marcus, Sears, Claire's, and J. Crew, as well as restaurants like Ruby Tuesday and Noodles and Co..... to which I have seen the Payless shoe store, Radio Shack and others close as well

Now building a wall around himself for protection against the Russian investigation...
Trump to set up 'war room' to repel attacks over Russia probe: officials

A honest man would not do this so he must have something to hide and is guilty of it....

#663 2017-06-06 22:30:00

RobertDyck
Website

Some interesting facts. His conclusion is the extreme opposite of the extreme that he's arguing against. I believe in a more modest middle ground. This video starts with a harsh criticism of Bill Nye based on an issue that has nothing to do with the subject of the video, but if you skip past it to 1 minute he has some points.
hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=336&h=188&stc=true&jpg444=true&jpgq=90&sp=68&sigh=nWZtLbVOerHxe6kL3HDA6bRvzWY[

#664 2017-06-07 05:15:54

elderflower

You don't have to melt all the ice to cause a lot of trouble, Robert.
Forget global warming, it only requires a few metres of sea level rise to displace more than a billion people and they aren't going to sit there and peacefully drown so as to leave the inhabitants of Winnipeg free to enjoy the warmer temperatures that it might or might not get.

#665 2017-06-07 05:30:26

Dave_Duca

Quite the altruistic Video....
if you abide by: "explanationism" (yeah, that's a brand new word, hey)

Our Millennial Generation are too young to be tired of Life.
The "Snowflake generation" has been forged from the war of Hipsters vs. High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Curiosity is lost.
The internet provides all the ecumenical answers.
No need to communicate beyond the emoji.

Our "6th Grade Reader Rap" is Gospel.
Right Boys' & Girls?

And still, we compound endless expressionism's on youtube, like a TED talk.
"... message conveyed... no one remembers..."

So, our savant social media needs a daily 911. Something that humbles
their precious pride, that was handed to them on a silver platter.
Going beyond "naked & afraid".

This makes our jobs in preparing future off-world settlement: fruitless and, a joke.
( emphasis on: our jobs )

The Clues...
- Parents: with their perfectionism for their perfect kids.
- Workforce management: with their animal husbandry in the work place.
- CEOs: with their Michaelavelean mindset.
- Media: And their clever & subliminal trends of diversion.
- Money Markets: An endless farrago of financial value above long-term development.
- Schools: with their ever so precious Tenure and cock-sure smirks of job security.

This IS NOT my "philosophy", but simple observation.
I was more entertained being a high school drop out who'd self learned spherical trigonometry
to circumnavigate all dimensions of the world - based on one tiny simple word:

Curiosity

Last edited by Dave_Duca (2017-06-07 05:34:50)

#666 2017-06-07 11:40:51

RobertDyck
Website

I used to support the global warming thing. Then "climate warriors" started claiming all fossil fuels have to stay in the ground. They want to shut down all coal mines, all oil wells, all tar sands (now called oil sands), even all natural gas. They want to shut down all pipelines. The obvious answer to that is a loud and resounding "NO"!

I live in Winnipeg Canada. We have actual winter here. Without a heat source of some sort, people die. The City has one electric bus. They City held a job fair last winter, I attended. They had a couple buses on display, including the electric bus. I mentioned I used to work for the city, and used to work for the factory where the buses were made. The mechanic got excited, wanted to recruit me to be a bus mechanic. I told him I worked in I.T., not the factory floor. But I actually knew what I was talking about, so he answered my questions and showed me the inside of the engine compartment. It used lithium ion batteries with liquid coolant so the batteries don't get too hot. In winter that coolant system is used to keep the batteries warm, so the batteries don't freeze. The bus is warmed with a small furnace that burns diesel fuel, to keep passengers warm. And that furnace is the source of heat to keep the batteries warm. So even an electric bus uses diesel fuel in winter.

If you look at global warming data over land, not including ocean, then the planet's temperature dropped from 1855 to 1970. Scientists have reconstructed global temperature from 1550 to 1855. That showed slow but steady global warming. The industrial revolution started 1855, so prior global warming is due to nature. If you assume global warming would have continued at that pace if humans hadn't messed with it, then the temperature on year 2000 was the same as it would have been. That means all the rapid global warming from 1970 to year 2000 simply undid all the man made global cooling from 1855 to 1970. And the rate of global warming dramatically slowed from year 2000 to about December 2014. My assertion is that isn't a coincidence. Humans stopped using as much coal, shifted to oil, and put scrubbers on remaining coal burning plants. The rapid global warming of the last 3 decades of the 20th century was the planet recovering from 115 years of man-made global cooling.

Some people panic at the extreme weather we're having. But if you talk to actual climate scientists, they will tell you that for thousands of years weather was this chaotic. Weather was unusually reliable and consistent during the 20th century. That was not normal. In fact, that was not a coincidence. Factories and coal-burning power plants built large smoke stackes. Initially in the 1800s factories spewed soot all over the community near them. People complained so they built smoke stacks higher, which blew the soot father away. People who's homes got that soot then complained, so they built smoke stack even higher. Eventually they built smoke stacks to produce an up-draft to draw smoke and soot into the clouds. That would rain down, but it would be so far from the factory that no one could complain. All this was in the 1800s. Well, those smoke stacks didn't just spew smoke and soot into the clouds, it went right into the lower stratosphere. The stratosphere doesn't mix well with the troposphere, so anything that gets into the stratosphere takes decades to settle out. The smoke and soot in the stratosphere acted as a blanket. It blocked the sun causing surface cooling, but it also blocked radiant heat loss. What heat did exist did not radiate into space because the smoke and soot in the stratosphere acted as a blanket to keep it in. That meant unusually reliable and consistent weather. Now that we've cleaned up the stratosphere, we have this planet's natural weather.

So I have news for you: this erratic weather is our planet's natural weather. Welcome to planet Earth.

#667 2017-06-07 12:25:06

elderflower

That doesn't address the melting ice issue, Robert. I am in no doubt that it is melting and we need to avoid exacerbating it.

#668 2017-06-07 12:56:44

RobertDyck
Website

NASA used radar satellites to measure ice melting in Antarctica. With all the ice shelves melting and disintegrating, the question was how fast. To their surprise they found ice on land was actually increasing! Glaciers around the word are melting, ice shelves floating on ocean water around the coast of Antarctica are melting, but ice on land on Antarctica is increasing. That increasing ice compensates for melting ice. The result is ocean levels are increasing, but not nearly as fast as "Climate Warriors" claim. If you watch the video, it says according to actual climate scientists, the rate of ocean rise is 11." over the next century. That's almost a foot. During the last century ocean levels rose by 7" inches. Last century we managed to deal with 7" inches of sea level rise using wooden cart wheels and sand bags; the thought of dealing with 12" inches during the age of nuclear power, hydraulics and reinforced concrete at the very beginning of the next century of engineering and technological progress, that's clearly climate denial insanity.

#669 2017-06-07 17:04:48

SpaceNut
Administrator

Comey details 'inappropriate' and 'very concerning' meetings with Trump pressed him for "loyalty," of course the Senators not satisfied with intelligence officials' testimony on Trump conversation Rogers, whose response was similar to the other officials, insisted that he doesn’t "feel it’s appropriate" to speak publicly about private conversations with the president.

Texas Democratic Rep. Al Green to Start Process to Impeach Trump. Green, who plans to make a formal announcement on Wednesday, has maintained that Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey on May 9 constituted obstruction of justice. Articles of impeachment are simply a statement of allegations; the president can be impeached only by a majority vote in the House, which is controlled by Trump's fellow Republicans.

I did see a good question in that Could the Stress of a Trump Presidency Make Americans Sick? Thinking back to Reagan’s economic strategy for the country, there were large cuts to health and social services. The consequences were as a result of the magnitude of the cuts: 500,000 people lost welfare, a million people were dropped from food stamps, 600,000 persons lost Medicaid, 250 community health centers closed, a million poor children lost reduced price school meals. Which is exactly what is happening with the direction of the current administration..

#670 2017-06-07 17:25:16

Dave_Duca

Please pardon....
    An obvious question, if I may...

Are the intellectually ecumenical environmentalists' calculating the "Ice Melt" for
that Volume of Ice THAT IS ABOVE THE WATER LINE ?

#671 2017-06-07 18:07:06

SpaceNut
Administrator

#672 2017-06-23 19:42:49

SpaceNut
Administrator

continued job loss is on the horizon as the auto industry has begun its rounds of cuts and Boeing is in the same...

With continued job loss we will slowly sink into a depression

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/a … on-n775956

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33908 … mp-visited

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/carrier-wor … heir-jobs/

#673 2017-07-01 15:03:46

GW Johnson
Website

I wouldn't count on Mr. Trump's Space Council for anything substantive.  To him,  the outcome doesn't matter,  neither does who gets hurt,  or what operations get destroyed.  Only that there is a "win" to point at. 

Amazing how quiet this discussion thread has gotten since Mr. Trump has so thoroughly discredited and embarrassed himself (in full public view) in recent months. 

And yet his core supporters still seem to rabidly support him,  in spite of the damage he is so clearly doing to them.  Until that situation shifts (and sooner or later it will),  no punitive actions for Mr. Trump's misbehaviors or his illegalities is possible. 

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2017-07-01 15:09:13)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#674 2017-07-03 09:36:48

GW Johnson
Website

There are only 3 distinct grounds for impeachment that I can think of.  (1) incompetence that prevents doing the duties of office,  (2) obstruction of justice and similar crimes committed while in office,  and (3) treason.  Item (1) has never been used.  Item (2) has been.  Item (3) is defined in the Constitution as either "making war upon the United States" or "providing aid and comfort to the enemy".  It requires at least 2 witnesses to the actual act,  or a confession in open court.  Charges are brought by the House (articles of impeachment),  and the court where the case is tried is the Senate,  with the Chief Justice presiding,  not the VP.  It takes a 2/3 majority to convict.

Because there is no precedent,  Item (1) would be very hard to define and prove.  Item (2) may or may not be indicated by the ongoing investigations.  In any event,  those outcomes are months to years away.  To me it looks like the strongest case can be made for Item (3) treason,  but with the House and Senate controlled by a GOP that still supports him, impeachment seems unlikely,  conviction even less likely.  They need him to sign what they do pass,  as they have no hopes to override vetoes of anything truly toxic.   

Consider that Mr. Trump's words and actions have damaged not only our NATO alliance but most of the other alliances and relationships in Europe,  this continent,  and Asia.  That is something the Russians have tried to do without success for 70+ years now,  and he went and did it for them in a matter of months.  No reasonable person would classify Putin's Russia as anything but an adversary,  synonym for enemy.  Millions witnessed this in the mass media.  How is this damage to our alliances anything but "giving aid and comfort to the enemy"?

Strong case,  that is.  Now,  how do we get the House and Senate to work for us instead of those who bought their jobs for them?  Vote the silly bastards out in 2018 and 2020.  But pay attention to the primaries, so you have somebody decent to vote for.  The 2016 primaries were rigged by the rich/powerful to give us nothing but a choice between the slightly-lesser of two very great evils. 

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2017-07-03 10:31:56)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#675 2017-07-05 16:02:08

SpaceNut
Administrator

Direct impact due to deportations, illegal crackdown has caused Over $13 Million Worth Of Crops Have SPOILED, All Because No One Is Willing To Work Jobs Vacated By Migrants

This is the beginning of what will cause rising food prices....so the days of arm over production and subsidise are on the way out causing food prices to rise some more.

Currently, Santa Barbara County has a labor deficit of 26%. Growers, therefore, must leave produce to rot in the fields. An approximated $13 million of strawberries, broccoli, leafy greens, and other unharvested crop were plowed under last year, up from five years ago when damages amounted to an assessed $4.4 million.

California growers do not receive government support for reaping unpicked berries and vegetables as Midwestern gardeners do for destroying wheat or barley. Some area farmers have insurance for losses from heat waves or pests but not for lack of laborers.

Just another duh moment..

One of the main reasons why there are no workers is Donald Trump. Under the Trump administration, immigration detentions climbed by nearly 40$ in three months compared to the same time last 2016, Homeland Security recently reported.

Both Georgia and Alabama have dealt with similar problems in the past after passing an anti-immigrant bill:

Board footer