New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2008-04-15 21:15:48

srmeaney

Re: Wow! NASA a freaking waste of Money!

#2 2008-04-16 03:55:42

Vincent
Banned

Easy mate. The truth is there are too many  variables for anyone. Last time I checked there were other rocks out there, if it hits one of them then all bets are off.

Those dumb asses were able to launch a rocket from earth and land on another planet. A different grade of dumb ass for sure.

Vincent

Argument expected.
I don't require agreement when presenting new ideas.

-Dana Johnson

#3 2008-04-16 05:21:31

Terraformer
Website

I suppose NASA could be called Variable Intelligence. On one hand it got men to the Moon and probes to the outer solar system; on the other it makes stupid mistakes like the one just mentioned and losing a $125 million probe because it mixed up Imperial and Metric units.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#4 2008-04-16 06:09:42

Vincent
Banned

Well variable intelligence is a human condition and NASA is made of humans. Funny how they can put a rover on Mars and can not take a color image and send it back.

it makes stupid mistakes like the one just mentioned and losing a $125 million probe because it mixed up Imperial and Metric units.

See, I knew those metric units were going to be a problem.

Vincent

Argument expected.
I don't require agreement when presenting new ideas.

-Dana Johnson

Board footer