New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2008-04-15 21:15:48

srmeaney

Re: Wow! NASA a freaking waste of Money!

#2 2008-04-16 03:55:42

Vincent
Banned

Easy mate. The truth is there are too many  variables for anyone. Last time I checked there were other rocks out there, if it hits one of them then all bets are off.

Those dumb asses were able to launch a rocket from earth and land on another planet. A different grade of dumb ass for sure.

Vincent

Argument expected.
I don't require agreement when presenting new ideas.

-Dana Johnson

#3 2008-04-16 05:21:31

Terraformer
Website

I suppose NASA could be called Variable Intelligence. On one hand it got men to the Moon and probes to the outer solar system; on the other it makes stupid mistakes like the one just mentioned and losing a $125 million probe because it mixed up Imperial and Metric units.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#4 2008-04-16 06:09:42

Vincent
Banned

Well variable intelligence is a human condition and NASA is made of humans. Funny how they can put a rover on Mars and can not take a color image and send it back.

it makes stupid mistakes like the one just mentioned and losing a $125 million probe because it mixed up Imperial and Metric units.

See, I knew those metric units were going to be a problem.

Vincent

Argument expected.
I don't require agreement when presenting new ideas.

-Dana Johnson

Board footer