New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-12-16 12:04:32

TJohn
Banned

Re: James Cameron and a Mars Direct movie

Just curious.  Has anyone heard of a movie that James Cameron directed on the Mars Direct mission?  It was supposed to be in IMAX format.

One day...we will get to Mars and the rest of the galaxy!!  Hopefully it will be by Nuclear power!!!

#2 2002-12-16 17:52:21

Preston
Banned

I haven't heard anything about it in many months, it seems.

He also said he might make a miniseries based on the 3 KSR books. Haven't heard more about that, either.

#3 2002-12-16 20:02:14

Shaun Barrett

Same here!
                                sad

I was even looking for his email address at one point so I could send him an encouraging message!
    I would love to see what James Cameron could do with ideas like these, but it's starting to look like the whole thing has faded into oblivion.

If anyone out there knows him, or knows someone who knows him, maybe you could find out what's going on(? ).
    Hopefully, it's just been postponed ... not cancelled.

???

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#4 2002-12-16 20:19:53

CalTech2010

If any of us knew James Cameron, I'm sure you would have heard about it by now. big_smile

"Some have met another fate.  Let's put it this way... they no longer pose a threat to the US or its allies and friends." -- President Bush, State of the Union Address

Board footer