New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-02-02 17:07:59

Rxke

Re: Manual-style?

The more I think about Maxie's suggestion of how the Wiki could become some sorts of manual for the future Mars-dweller, the more I like it...

I'm asking for suggestions, pro and con for the following:

The Wiki could be set up as a "Welcome, interprid explorer" thing, kind of 'fun' to read, an introduction about Mars, challenges ahead, 'do you have what it takes' stuff, etc.

The neat thing is that none of the existing stuff would become obsolete or in need for a re-write, it all connects, etc. You could set up some kind of 'storyline' about going to Mars with links to more in-depth stuff if you feel you want to know more etc. That way it would be readable to different kinds of people with different backgrounds etc. Even for kids.

#2 2006-02-05 16:03:05

John Creighton
Website

That sounds kind of cool

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#3 2006-02-27 09:58:47

C M Edwards

We could use some more examples for the various systems discussed.  I've already added some simple examples for the "RTG" and "Solar Panels" articles.  Several other articles could be flushed out with a good example, too.

"We go big, or we don't go."  - GCNRevenger

#4 2006-02-27 10:02:30

Rxke

(Disclaimer: I'm Dutch speaking)

Flushed out? You mean delete them to make place for a 'real life' example? (Like flushing down the drain)

#5 2006-02-27 10:03:29

Rxke

(3 microsecs later:)

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

You mean flEshed out!

Heeheehee! I really was confused there for a second....

#6 2006-02-27 13:05:48

C M Edwards

(3 microsecs later:)

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

You mean flEshed out!

Heeheehee! I really was confused there for a second....

:oops:

"We go big, or we don't go."  - GCNRevenger

Board footer