New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-10-06 22:20:37

Rocky
Banned

Re: Radio-Free-Mars.org is online - RFM website is up, still need volunteers

Hello people of NewMars!

I come in peace!  Take me to your leaders or I will fire my death rays at your women and children!

Sorry, I've just been listening to the War of the Worlds -- over and over and over again.  Why?  Because that's the only thing I have to broadcast on the Radio Free Mars site as of this moment.  However, I do have copies of the lectures for MarsWeek 2000 and 2001 on cassette tape, and as soon as I can get some of that converted to MP3, I'll be broadcasting those.

Visit the new RFM site at http://www.radio-free-mars.org

I'm trying to figure out how to host a live debate over the web on RFM.  I'd like to get a few of your New Mars regulars to debate some topic online and broadcast it live to the world.  Any ideas how to do that, and what topics might be fun?

info@radio-free-mars.org

--Rocky

#2 2004-03-12 06:22:15

Yang Liwei Rocket

nice site, good music

mars_flag-12.gif

'first steps are not for cheap, think about it...
did China build a great Wall in a day ?' ( Y L R newmars forum member )

#3 2004-03-31 16:37:23

Cobra Commander

I've looked at the site a few times, definate potential.

Unfortunately I can't be much help with live webcasts, but a debate on just about any Mars topic with members from this group could be very interesting, to say the least.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#4 2004-04-01 13:34:23

SBird
Banned

SWEET, now we can flame each other in real time!

Seriously, this looks pretty cool.  I think that some sort of technical broadcasts or something are not a bad idea at all.

#5 2005-03-27 11:01:38

Martian Republic

Interesting site, but it is rather thin when it comes to information. But, I guess it is a start. We definitely need our own news services if we are going to do much in space. A lot of us have a lot of good ideas, but we would not qualify as a speaker on these discussion topics for his web site.

Larry,

#6 2005-03-28 11:03:46

SpaceNut
Administrator

Have been listening to music sampling available, lots of it is very enjoyable to the ear.

Board footer