New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2005-02-25 12:03:37

Palomar

Re: Robert Kearns/Intermittent Windshield Wipers - ...dead at age 77

Kearns died Feb. 9 at his home in suburban Baltimore and was buried in Michigan on a misty Valentine's Day.

"It was going just enough to have the wipers going on intermittent. I thought, `How appropriate,'" Kearns' daughter, Maureen Kearns, told the Detroit Free Press...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … arns]Click

*Talk about a coincidence (my condolences to the family).  Just the other day my husband and I were talking about intermittent windshield wipers (we got a new car, and the wiper settings for this make and model are different from previous vehicles), and I asked him if he (6 years my senior) remembered windshield wipers in older cars -- they had only 2 manual settings, right?  High or low - ?  I wondered briefly who'd come up with the idea of intermittent and multiple settings.  Here it is. 

Unfortunate about the resultant legal troubles.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer