New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-08-02 15:58:54

Mad Grad Student
Website

Re: Space Fountains - GEO Elevator, no nanotubes required

A mind is like a parachute- it works best when open.

#2 2004-08-02 16:04:03

Palomar

*Wow, that's interesting.  I don't recall coming across a reference to this before.  :-\

Now we'll have Space Elevator people "vs" Space Fountain people?  Not sure I want to "go there" -- but I couldn't help thinking it. 

Will read more.  Thanks for posting it.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#3 2004-08-02 16:28:10

Mad Grad Student
Website

Whoopsie, topic accidentally got posted twice. Please put any further comments/discussion in the other "Space fountains" topic, the one that actually has my two cents in it.

Sorry about that. (No emoticon for slapping self in the face, so this will have to do)  :bars:

A mind is like a parachute- it works best when open.

Board footer