New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-08-18 17:01:03

Adrian
Website

Re: Things to do

What needs doing - and progress so far

Template letter and email
- in final draft stages

List of prominent world figures
- quite long, but could always do with more

Topics for articles for the First Words (FW) website will be needed, five or so ideal
- have at least one, dealing with SF and other fictional 'first words'.

FW website and backend
- absolutely nothing done so far, I'll start work on this this weekend

Competition categories
- five good categories found, but I'm open to better suggestions

Artwork and logo
- I made a logo which seems to work fine, nothing on the artwork so far

Ideas how to publicise FW
- not much done here yet apart from the whole 'viral marketing' idea, submitting articles to weblogs like Kuro5hin and release a press release on the newswires.

If you can think of anything else that needs doing, reply to this thread.

Edited By Adrian on Aug. 23 2002 at 22:26

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#2 2002-08-19 14:33:30

Bill White

Adrain -

Give me an assignment. . .

#3 2002-08-19 14:45:21

Adrian
Website

Something that the project definitely needs is a US representative - I'm imagining that most of our publicity and contacts will be in the US and while the Internet makes it easy for some things to be done internationally, other things are better done locally. For example, if we get any media coverage (newspaper, radio, TV) then it'd be nice for them to have someone in the US to talk to. Perhaps we should also have a US address for luminaries to send their letters to as well - just makes things easier.

So if you think you have the time Bill, it'd be great if you could be the US representative.

More immediately, the template letter needs looking over and the list of luminaries needs to be stocked. This message applies to everyone, not just Bill - there's a lot to be done but I think we could make First Words a huge event, and it will be amplified by World Space Week. I say this because practically every newspaper and media outlet will be aware of WSW and they'll be looking for interesting space stuff to cover.

#4 2002-08-23 15:27:18

Adrian
Website

Updated the list with progress so far. See the top post.

Board footer