New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2004-05-21 14:07:02

Palomar

Re: Astronauts Weigh In - ...Return to Moon or On to Mars

*What the heck, I'm just going to say it. 

I get discouraged with the big-shots in the space community ignoring their support base.  I understand not wishing to "preach to the choir" and we're already in with the cause...but c'mon. 

I get tired of what I perceive as mutual admiration societies and guest appearances to crowds of people who probably don't otherwise give a rat's patooty. 

Hello?  ::waves::  What about the supporters -- us?  You know, the folks who work to keep the "home fires burning"?  Care to toss us a scrap of attention once in a blue moon?

I seldom complain about things I love, but this is an exception. 

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#27 2004-05-22 10:41:42

dicktice

Re: Astronauts Weigh In - ...Return to Moon or On to Mars

I endorse all of the above, and would like to add Venus atmosphere colonization (see terraforming Venus) as one more objective to the list. Also, besides mining, the back side of the Moon for astronomical telescope installations should be an immediate and ongoing objective, as well.

Board footer