New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-03-03 06:56:48

Rxke

Re: Personal Messenger corrupted? - Get no messages in box

I Got a PM-notification though my email-account, yesterday (or today, dunno with the time zones...)
but on the board itself my box is empty...
I suggest that people 'tick' the option "Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message" in your email settings (in "your control panel")

That way you get a copy through your regular email-account...

#2 2004-03-04 08:53:44

Rxke

Hmmm... And now it seems to work again...

#3 2004-03-04 14:35:29

Palomar

*Rik:

I previously experienced a rash of problems with my messenger as well.  I'd get notification of having received a message, but absolutely couldn't retrieve it.  I had to access my e-mail account and read the message there.  This went on for a couple of weeks, including not being able to *save* messages I sent (I was able, somehow, to send messages during that time).

All of my previous messages, except 5 or 6, were wiped out entirely of both In and Out boxes.

It's functioning very well now, though still not as perfect as before...

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#4 2004-03-04 15:47:06

Rxke

Yup, that's about how it did with me, too... I get email-notifications with the PM in it, luckily, but i'm suspicious several PM's i sent never reached their goal, because some 'intensive talking' suddenly stopped, or not getting answers etc... i assumed people were too busy, but might be the PM's got 'lost' on their way to the recipient...
I'm not an intense user of PM, but occasionally it is a neat way to point people to topics they might like, giving people a thumbs-up etc...

#5 2004-03-22 23:33:22

Rxke

Hmmm... Another PM that got lost in the empty nothingnness...
SomebodyPMmed me, but it doesn't show up in my inbox, only a day later i found out, via checking my yahoo!mail-account.

So no big loss, but a nice discussion interrupted.

Board footer