New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-01-12 10:53:17

Palomar

Re: Expanding Canada's Frontiers - ...To Mars and Beyond

Read Me

*"This armada of spacecraft (referring to Mars Express, Beagle 2, Spirit and Opportunity) has been launched by several nations. Yet the contributions of Canada - and the University of Toronto - to Mars science and these missions are relatively unknown.  The newly incorporated University of Toronto Astronomy and Space Exploration Society will be bringing a Canadian astronaut and three speakers at the forefront of planetary exploration to Convocation Hall in mid-January 2004. Each of these luminaries will highlight Canada's contributions in various fields to the current revolution in space exploration."

The article gives a list of the guest speakers and their credentials, etc (including Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield). 

Go Canada!  smile 

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2004-02-07 08:19:37

Palomar

Re: Expanding Canada's Frontiers - ...To Mars and Beyond

[=http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewnews.html?id=926]Canadian-led mission(s) to Mars

"The mission concepts that the CSA is interested in receiving include an orbiter, a single lander, or a network of small landers. It is possible that the lander concepts could include the ability to travel on the Martian surface."

*Go for broke!  smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer