New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-12-20 19:56:02

Palomar

Re: Mars Funzone for Kids!

Click Me

*Hey...I really dig the view these cartoon kids have got!  smile

Includes:  Games, Learn More, Activities, Special  Events.

"The Story of a Little Rock on Mars" is adorable -and- very educational. 

Fantastic site all around.

--Cindy  smile

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-12-21 02:36:39

Rxke

Can't help but feeling a bit... betrayed
2004 (almost) and what do the big space guys give us: on-line games... sad

(Though i have to admit i like the JPL stuff. Why don't we scrap NASA and let them be the bosses?)

#3 2003-12-21 08:48:00

Palomar

Can't help but feeling a bit... betrayed
2004 (almost) and what do the big space guys give us: on-line games... sad

(Though i have to admit i like the JPL stuff. Why don't we scrap NASA and let them be the bosses?)

*I see your point, Rik.  Although I wish the internet and a cool site like this for kids were available when I was a child.  I would have been doing EVERYTHING at this site.  wink  Magazines (for an older audience) and models (build your own), slides and posters, were about all we had in the 1970s.  That was better than nothing, of course (don't want to sound too ungrateful).

JPL, sure.  ESA would be great as bosses, too.  Someone's got to take the lead, because NASA sure has fumbled the ball.

I've referred the web site to my cousin in Maine; she has a 5-year-old.  Don't know if he's interested in space stuff...but it could be a start! 

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer