New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-11-26 04:57:47

Rxke

Re: Travellers guide to Mars - About one of the pioneering Scientists

Spacedaily article

A blast from the past...

#2 2003-11-27 02:04:17

Shaun Barrett

Thanks, Rxke.
    I empathised particularly with the frustrated resignation in one of his responses: " ... issues that were more or less resolved and should have been settled in the 1700s. (Sigh)"
    What pathetic creatures some of us humans can be.

What an interesting old man. I would very much like to spend a few hours with him ... if he could stand it!

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#3 2003-11-27 04:57:04

Rxke

Liked the article, too... That's why i posted it, of course.
Guess what? The 'clickworkers' project mentionded in the article is still running, i submitted a new thread in 'Science and Technology', for everyone that might be interested. I recommend it.

Board footer