New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-11-13 10:30:16

Palomar

Re: "Marsapalooza" - NYC, December 2//Part of NASA's "M2K4"

Read Me

"What in the world is Marsapalooza?

Marsapalooza, part of NASA's Mars 2004 ("M2K4") effort to promote the Mars Exploration Rovers mission and NASA Mars education initiatives, is a tour during which a team of youthful scientists and engineers (the "M-Team") will visit five cities across the country to raise public literacy about the Mars mission, to reach out to students in underserved communities, and to present themselves as role models to inspire the next generation of explorers. The tour is the product of a unique partnership involving NASA, the National Science Foundation, Passport to Knowledge, and several museums, planetariums, and science centers across the country."

*Hopefully this will be a huge success.  smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-11-22 23:35:59

Bill White

This will be at Chicago's Adler Planetarium on December 4th - -maybe I should go see this. . .

#3 2003-11-23 03:53:44

sethmckiness
Banned

If someone goes could they possible make some pictures or information .  I would like to see this stuff but it is a bit of a commute for me.. 

Thanks!

We are only limited by our Will and our Imagination.

#4 2003-11-23 13:23:58

Palomar

*I think it would be wonderful to go.  Unfortunately, it's not coming anywhere near to where I live.  Bill, if you take your kids, I'd like to know their reaction -- if you don't mind.

I'd definitely take my children there...if I had some, that is.

Speaking of children and encouraging them with science and space, I recently saw a game for children which parents participate in.  It involves a roll-out diagram of the Solar System, something like "Twister."  I thought that'd be absolutely great to buy for a child, use with them, etc.  I look at educational toys and projects, puzzles and the like, and think how I'd spend time with my children, nurturing an interest. 

Anyway, Marsapalooza sounds like a great time for kids of all ages.  wink

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer