New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-11-05 14:57:13

Bentherdonthat

Re: The Right Stuff

I almost found myself in the movie The Right Stuff for only a second when the two recruitors aboard shepards Carrier and mention  after the two midgets I know Paul and Lane-a then duck.
Years ago I was a Civilian Mil. Hanging around a airfield in Arizona experimenting with space craft experimental designs and air combat with troglodytes Luke AFB at another location gave me my pilots code name Luke Skywalker starting to become a legend around the airforce and other military due to the governmen refusal to acknowledge a cover invasion of troglodyte clones. I with a provisions card could call into duty if need additional support which ment other pilots could go full arsenel and order and drop nukes on them.
I remember that when Chuck Yeager was expected to fly into the base not to hang around that day they did not know how he would react for me being such a young kid they would realy get excited and roll out the red carpet when ever he was to land. After modifying jet air craft and other craft I made the first lunar landing and had some complaint about my arm and retrieve from the moon a large specimen rock and mention something about if my Arm had been strong I would have had this other choice rock. That had a meaning to the base commander he went threw his pilots book and found the name Neil Armstrong and ask if he would volunteer to be in the space race just now not even into the consideration of starting he replied yes. The commander said it was not going to be us in the  head lines and that things where going to be done threw government bureacrotrocy.
Contiune advancement the commander and another personal made a mars landing and said it was nothing like expected. I continue with my own advancement of space craft took a long journey and returned at light speed the base commander was excited said we at first when you took off thought there was something wrong with our track instruments but when you return we clock you you where traveling faster than the speed of light. He made a few calls on his radio came back out and said Chuck Yeager wants to see you at Edward base in California to show you a few tips on packing cannopies he said you can take that jet on the other side of the run way.  So I left went  and met with Chuck Yeager and talk social science philosphies on whos first and pack parachutes.
Years later I was patroling the coast line by jet knocking off soilent green factories and was push out onto the sea by air guard and was force to land on a carrier in a fleet with a infiltrator Lane-a after some views where exchange  I excepted a new secret mission with the Navy I was told I had a chance one in a million to grab a jet on deck and make it out of here but I can only hold them off for a few seconds  these other pilots want to kill you and every guy in the fleet  wheather he is handing him a cannon shell or feeding him some chow off line everyone is supporting that guy with a gun so dont hesitate to save your own life killem all. Well so  I grab Lane-a threw her on the wing lifted my self up on the jet and fired it up and took off within a minute bandit was out on the fleet jets started taking off by the hundred I was busy dodging air to air missiles that I could not even get to a gun some of the missile where missing coming back onto others trying to locate a heat source and was blowning them out of the air also I was dodgeing surface to air missile and trying to approach the main land when thick flock of angry air guard coming in so I manage to get back threw the falck to the fleet burn my jet in grab afew chemicals made a laser seconds flat cut threw the bulk heads to arsenel and bought a bargining device and a remote controll detenation device I made it back to the jet and  burn off the carrier more missles doding them I finaly got them to exhaust there supply when the turn to cannon fire I made my demand scrap the metal aginst the mike to get the captians attention to all aircrft I made my demands  to cease all hostilities they refuse. That was the end of the fleet and near by Air guard except for one badly burn and bruise carrier that limp back to port. There where only two jets left one burnt like mine the other  unscath with a plutonium bomb on. still recovering from the big bang flying up the coast a Soviet long range mig came in and gave me the wrong signal I knock it out  of the sky the two jets in pursuit scream yaaa you got a mig I said where are you guys you arent even showing up on my radar. So up coast I go and hook up with a Canadian Battle ship and ask him for a land and fuel so I did the other pilot ran out of fuel and ditch then the other one drop a nuke some mile out and cave the haul of the ship in so I took off the ship sunk and then I found out Lane-a was battery powered tranceducer and ejected her at sea, no one left but me. so I relate that to the flick.

#2 2006-11-05 17:40:20

noosfractal
Website

Pity about Lane-a.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#3 2006-11-08 14:41:39

Bentherdonthat

I think I stirred up some old mud with the Navy mine did not get to there museum.

#4 2024-04-01 09:00:39

Mars_B4_Moon

an old thread perhaps relevant for challenges on Mars

Supersonic Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nxXKqK_xWs

Watch the Supersonic XB-1 Take Its First Flight
https://gizmodo.com/boom-supersonic-pla … 1851362559

After Concorde, a long road back to supersonic air travel
https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/03 … this-time/
Super Sabers, F-101 Voodoos, and B-58 Hustlers—came to Air Force bases across the US

and the fictional daydream stuff and future speculations we got wrong the VHS Retro Cassette Future, Soviet USSR Lenin Stalin Superscience and that the USA and USSR would be forever rivals into the future, retro Japan cartoons and animation the Anime and Manga genre,  the DC cartoons and Marvel Universe has its share of Soviet experiments gone awry, the other retro comicbooks and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

in Marvel and DC and scifi movies the USSR is kind of like 'Hydra' or the Jokers Gang, Neo-Nazis or islamic Terrorist Empires where even though it fell apart it's still around in some capacity

the new rival?

Is BRICS the new superpower?
https://www.diplomaticourier.com/posts/ … superpower

more Aircraft for Mars coming

Life after Ingenuity: How scientists hope to reach the skies of Mars once more
https://news.yahoo.com/news/life-ingenu … 14628.html

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2024-04-01 09:15:13)

Board footer