New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-06-10 14:15:59

nirgal
Banned

Re: Space Island Group - Building ET stations in LEO

Click this link and tell me what you think about it! Personally, I think it's a brilliant idea and I hope they succeed. smile

#2 2002-06-10 16:18:03

Phobos

Looks like an innovative use of expended fuel tanks.  Will they have to pay NASA to unload those things where they want them?  I didn't think NASA would be accomodating of private ventures like this, I hope it pans out.  I hope they cut some holes in the tanks though to make windows.  It's gonna be a lousy spacestation, not to mention a very lousy space hotel, if there's no windows. But in any case I guess it's a start. smile

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

#3 2002-06-11 02:24:08

Shaun Barrett

I love it!! But how will they raise the money? "Roton" had a comparatively conservative program to create a cheaper, better launch system, and they went broke.
                                     ???

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

Board footer