New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#51 2023-03-23 11:43:23

tahanson43206

Re: Teleoperation

This post is an update from a company that is currently offering remote teleoperation support services...

The email is about their participation in a trade show recently.

Hi Tahanson43206,

It’s the last day for ProMat 2023! Where did the time go?

If you haven’t made it over yet to see Phantom Auto’s award-winning remote operation technology in action at booth #N6062, now’s the time. Our remote drivers have been operating forklifts in Texas, Tennessee, and California directly from the show floor all this week.

Our technology enables people to remotely drive vehicle fleets from up to thousands of miles away.

At Phantom, we're helping companies fill jobs by connecting them with drivers who can work from anywhere. Since winning the MHI Innovation Award for Best New Product at MODEX 2022, we’ve deployed with enterprise companies around the United States.

ProMat is almost over! Catch us at booth #N6062 before the end of the show.

I am expecting work that can be placed on the Internet will be, except for those workers who ** want ** to be doing whatever the work is at a job site.

(th)

#52 2023-04-07 07:51:27

tahanson43206

This post includes another email from the company that recently participated in a trade show ...

They are offering opportunities for folks who did not attend the show to see videos about it ....

Teleoperation is going to be a major part of the environment on Mars.  Work done on Earth will be adapted to the more challenging Mars situation.

Copy of Logo black on white
Hi tahanson43206,

What a week at ProMat 2023! Even if you weren't able to attend, we wanted to reach out with a recap video to show what we exhibited at the event.

Five Phantom Auto remote operators were at work all week at ProMat remotely driving forklifts for customers at locations in Texas, Tennessee, and California, directly from the show floor in Chicago.

ProMat recap

At Phantom Auto we're solving labor problems in logistics with our remote operation technology. We won the 2022 MHI Innovation Award for Best New Product, and were recognized by TIME as a Best Invention of 2022.

We're deployed in production environments with multiple enterprise customers across North America, including 1/3 of the top 12 3PLs in the country. Our solution enables people to remotely drive forklifts from up to thousands of miles away.

Let's connect soon! We'd like to learn more about your material handling operations. Our team of experts can consult on the best way for you to get started with remotely operated material handling solutions.

Click below to schedule a private demo, or respond directly to this email and someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Schedule a Demo

In the meantime, you can check out these resources to learn more about Phantom. We encourage you to forward these to folks in your organization, too!

Phantom Auto Intro
    Safety One-Pager
    Operators-as-a-Service One-Pager

See you again soon!

Thanks,

Phantom Auto

If anyone is interested, I can provide the links.

(th)

#53 2023-04-12 06:20:57

tahanson43206

The post quoted below is from RobertDyck.  It came from a discussion about asteroid mining, and it provides information about the use of teleoperation in uranium mines in Canada. 

RobertDyck wrote:

kbd512,
There are many Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs) in orbit about the Sun that are closer to Earth than Mars or Venus. Propellant to reach them is less than propellant required to land on the Moon and take off again. The reason is gravity; asteroids have such weak gravity than landing on one takes negligible propellant, and lifting off also takes negligible propellant. Remote mining technology already exists. After a mine cave-in, a number of companies developed remote mining. Vehicles with drills to place explosives, and loaders to "muck" the rubble after explosion are operated remotely from the surface. Video cameras on the vehicles, and radio control. A nickel mining company called Inco was developing a fully automated loader that did not require an operator. However, all those Canadian companies that worked on remote mining technology were bought by foreign interests. This automated mining technology can be adapted for asteroids. The Moon is 384,399 km from Earth (semi-major axis), and the speed of light in vacuum is 299,792.458 km/s so a radio signal takes 1.28 second to reach the Moon, and an equal time to return. A radio signal to an NEA could take 1 to 20 minutes each way, depending on it's position in orbit about the Sun. But with automated mining, that is practical.

Smelting is very much easier on a metal asteroid. All you need is 200°C at 1 atmosphere pressure with pure carbon monoxide to convert nickel into a vapour. Draw that vapour into a second chamber, heat is slightly more and the vapour decomposes into nickel metal and carbon monoxide gas. This is the Mond process. It also work with iron, but at higher temperatures. And with cobalt at still higher temperatures. These temperatures can be achieved with a parabolic mirror to concentrate sunlight. The ease of smelting is what makes them so attractive. Smelting an oxide ore requires much higher temperatures, a blast furnace has exit temperature of 1,510°C. A Bessemer operates at 1,700°C. This is the attraction of metal asteroids.

Teleoperation is in use in Australia, where mining machinery is operated by personnel located some distance away.

In the United States, posts earlier in this topic report on remote forklift operations, and other similar remote machinery operations.

(th)

#54 2023-05-21 06:17:11

tahanson43206

From reports I am receiving, the business of Uber style teleoperation is growing rapidly.  Later today, I'll add a link to an email I received recently from one of the companies building it's clientele and workforce on Earth today.

(th)

#55 2023-05-21 06:41:44

tahanson43206

I just re-read this topic from the top. Thanks (again) to the forum members who contributed helpful suggestions or inquiries.

This topic is slowly building up a body of knowledge/insight/advice that a person might find useful.

Here are some specific posts that might be of interest to someone looking for work in a remote Internet mediated context:

Search
http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 26#p202526

Phantom
http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 86#p204986

Industry
http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 88#p204988

Phantom
http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 20#p208020

(th)

#56 2023-05-21 08:19:16

tahanson43206

Here is an update from Phantom. Apache blocked the full post.

Text was removed until Apache accepted whatever is left.

Monthly Roundup | May 2023

A Phantom Auto Remote Operator at Work
CJ Logistics America Warehouse Operations Deploy Phantom Auto Remotely Operated Forklifts

Here is a link to the web source of the email: http://phantom-9041374.hs-sites.com/pha … e=hs_email

(th)

#57 2023-05-21 08:21:47

tahanson43206

This is a follow up attempt to deliver content from an email form Phantom:

At a CJ Logistics America warehouse near Dallas, TX, forklifts operated remotely by Phantom Auto drivers over 750 miles away ...

Here is a link to the web source of the email: http://phantom-9041374.hs-sites.com/pha … e=hs_email

(th)

#58 2023-05-21 08:24:37

tahanson43206

The Apache Error is working with a vengence today.

Continuing, line by line if necessary ...

... unload double stacked pallets from inbound trucks, moving them to the dock ...

(th)

#59 2023-05-21 08:25:28

tahanson43206

The Apache error is ** really ** in force today ... Giving up for now....

Here is a link to the web version of the email: http://phantom-9041374.hs-sites.com/pha … e=hs_email

(th)

#60 2023-06-28 17:20:46

tahanson43206

Here is another of the occasional updates from a teleoperations company:

https://phantom.auto/blog/how-warehouse … e=hs_email

If anyone in NewMars decides to pursue this career opportunity, please let us know.

I expect that over time, most jobs will be performed in this way.

(th)

#61 2023-08-09 12:58:57

tahanson43206

Internal Server Error blocked this post

It was about Teleoperation - the post itself is in the Lunar Gateway topic

(th)

#62 2023-08-09 12:59:08

tahanson43206

Here is a link to the post by Mars_B4_Moon ...

http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 62#p212362

(th)

#63 2023-08-21 07:29:31

tahanson43206

Last night's Zoom was productive in terms of progress in maintenance of the New Mars forum web site.

However, as often happens, topics are discussed in a range of areas, some of which are fairly remote from the Mars enterprise.

One of these discussions stayed with me ... teleoperation ....

I come at this topic with a focus on peaceful, productive applications of the technology, which I am confident is capable of providing modest but reliable employment for Americans (and others) who might wish to be productive without the drawbacks of on-site deployment.

kbd512 seems to come at almost every topic with a military application.

there is room for both points of view in this world.

Occasionally, they overlap.

That happened here.

The Ukrainians are having to deal with thousands of land mines laid by the Russians while the Ukrainians were gathering strength to try to push the Russians out of Ukraine.

There is a business opportunity here for a number of US firms, as well as a humanitarian opportunity for those so inclined.

Ukrainians are suffering loss of feet, legs and other limbs (if they survive at all) due to land mine destructive force.

Teleoperation is a way for workers to safely locate and remove land mines from the safety of their homes, or business locations if that is where equipment is set up.

We have people in this forum who are quick to find fault.

I'm looking for people who are looking for ways to help.

I'd like to move on this with all deliberate speed.

(th)

#64 2023-08-21 08:36:38

Mars_B4_Moon

I hope space colonies are peaceful and mankind does not bring its wars to space, if there was some kind of a Civil War on a future colony on Mars perhaps a Robot would be manufactured to clear mines.

Back on Earth Don't underestimate the abilities of animals Pigs, Rats and Dogs have also been used in de-mining they can be as successful as robots, animals are sometimes rewarded for their bravery. Some people have Pigs as domesticated pets, I don't know if Pigs are good at communication with Human but Dogs and Humans interact and humans have used working dogs well for thousands of years without need of a robot AI translator. The animals have hearing and nasal sensitivity which humans do not, they might hear an electronic buzz or high frequency or smell something the human can not.  I don't know if you can train a Lizard but mines can give of signatures in Thermography infrared readings. Sometimes the Labrador Retrievers and Beagles are used, mass production of robots might be cheaper and an individual Dog is expensive to train. In social media video I have seen a machine cast a Disposable net and then using smaller explosives inside the net trigger a field heavily mined with larger explosives. There was also a vid of a type of Sherman tank fitted with a flail like a large Cat o' nine tails whip device and it would simply whip the ground to trigger the device.

Here is a pdf report on Cambodia efforts
https://web.archive.org/web/20110722132 … -years.pdf

they have a dog breeding program and lost puppies to illness, they also do things the old fashioned way with a metal detector

and a more depressing news report from Bosnia Herzegovina
https://web.archive.org/web/20230329113 … es/9029692

Bosnia and Herzegovina may never be clear of landmines

There has also been reported use of Sniffer bees or sniffer wasps types of insects bred to detect mines.
https://web.archive.org/web/20120709084 … 77173.html

They say Opossums of South America and North America and Kiwi bird of New Zealand have a great sense of smell but I think these are wild animals and I don't know if you can train them to do stuff. If you could train the Turkey or more obviously the nose of a Blood Hound might be another choice of animal that could be used to find mines. In the future perhaps an AI could chat with the animal detectors, see what bees are saying inside the "buzz box".

Here was a tech news item I seen that could be relevant to the original thread topic

'A computer vision–based teleoperation system that can be applied to different robots'
https://techxplore.com/news/2023-08-vis … obots.html

"A primary objective at NVIDIA is researching how humans can teach robots to do tasks," Dieter Fox, senior director of robotics research at NVIDIA, head of the NVIDIA Robotics Research Lab, professor at the University of Washington Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering and head of the UW Robotics and State Estimation Lab, told Tech Xplore.

"Prior work has focused on how a human will teleoperate, or guide, the robot—but this approach has two barriers. First, training a state-of-the-art model requires many demonstrations. Second, set-ups usually feature a costly apparatus or sensory hardware and are designed only for a particular robot or deployment environment," said Fox.

The key goal of the recent work by Fox and his colleagues was to create a teleoperation system that is low-cost, easy to deploy and generalizes well across different tasks, environments and robotic systems. To train their system, the researchers teleoperated both virtual robots in a simulated environments and real robots in a physical environment, as this reduced the need to purchase and assemble many robots.

"AnyTeleop is a vision-based teleoperation system that allows humans to use their hands to control dexterous robotic hand-arm systems," Fox explained. "The system tracks human hand poses from single or multiple cameras and then retargets them to control the fingers of a multi-fingered robot hand. The wrist point is used to control the robot arm motion with a CUDA-powered motion planner."

In contrast with most other teleoperation systems introduced in past studies, AnyTeleop can be interfaced with different robot arms, robot hands, camera configurations and different simulated or real-world environments. In addition, it can be applied to both scenarios in which users are nearby and at distant locations.

#65 2023-08-21 10:41:02

tahanson43206

For Mars_B4_Moon ...

First, thanks for all the posts you've contributed, on a wide range of topics.

Thanks, as well, for adding a bit of text to explain why a link might be worth a reader's limited time.

Finally, thanks for finding and posting that report about NVIDIA and teleoperation.  I'll follow up.l

I understand where you're coming from in suggesting animals for mine location.

If there is a way to enlist animals without putting them at risk, I'd be interested.

My first reaction to the suggestion of using animals to clear mine fields was to think about the maimed humans who currently do that duty.  Animals are likely to be good for only one mine, so you'd need a large supply of them.

On balance, I think that investment in teleoperation equipment and remote data delivery services is likely to produce better results in the long run.

Update at 14:28 local time ...

So far, I have attempted email or contact form  communication with:

1) NVIDIA
2) Phantom
3) government agency

I'm not expecting anything from any of them, but will report if anything ** does ** happen.

(th)

#66 2023-08-21 13:36:43

Mars_B4_Moon

Tahanson,
I believe 'Working Dogs' already help remove mines with minimized risks, they are of great value to their owners be it a company or military, they often taken care of and are not sacrificed needlessly and they are not thrown into a meat grinder. Perhaps in the future a Dog will be trained to interact with other robots. I believe they are called Tactical Explosive Detector Dog  or T.E.D.D or Explosive Detection Dog, the guide on dogs as security comes up as a detection tool in big pop arts event or political security reports from USA, Asia, Europe, there are also Dog for Rescue and Drug and Cash Sniffing Dogs at ports.  There have also been Dogs used as scout messengers, mercy dogs that find injured and bring medical supply, and trackers that can find where other criminals or explosives have been moving acting as 'scent hounds',. There are a few guide books and videos about dog training in public domain by EU, British, Australia pdf Guidance on Procedures for using Dogs to Find Drugs or Bombs or Using Explosive Detection Dogs in Concert or Public Spaces. I don't have time to check for these pages but I think there are pages out there 'How to do Dog Security at an Event, Pop Concert' or some of the US Army social media channels also show off their Dogs. The Dog is given a Bulletproof vest, the Dog is also trained to 'survive' it is kept upon a lead or it will be smart, it will not scratch or bite and dig the object. When the dog senses something instead it will sit by the unseen object and bark or wag its tail looking for a reward, maybe it wants a biscuit or a toy ball for being a 'good dog'. The job of the dog is searching not the physical deactivation of mines and the Dog has no involvement in bomb disposal, it simply identified an unseen threat a human can not detect. There were 'Working Dogs' that did Tours of Afghanistan, sometimes a US Army Solider or US Marine would train and become a team with their dogs, they might deploy with a dog and do bomb disposal for a while then go home, the dog might stay on location and do a second tour while another new Solider is trained as a handler and gets a communication with his 'Working Dog'. The  'Working Dog' is not a 'Pet' but it is of great value and also expensive to replace. Other animals like Pig, Turkey and Kiwi also have good smell but a Dog is easier to train the dog an d human have a good communication relationship and the dog's nose is 100,000 to 1 million times more sensitive than a human's. Perhaps a Tele Robot might also interact with a Dog one day, the Robot Suction Air Pump takes air from a site, takes air from buildings or rooms some suspect with booby trap, the Robot pumps the air into a test tube and in another Location away from explosive danger a Dog sniffs all these test tubes and tells you which one is of interest.

Let me also Apologize for any terms I get wrong, I have never been to war and I'm not American so I sometimes get confused with Military Terms, I will sometimes be confused by peace time operation Police terms or United States enlisted rank of Army Marines or other terms and Army insignia, I might also confuse Canadian, French, British, Australian military categories but I have a general feeling or I have a kind of knowledge of history or military and peace time programs and Police structure. On top of all this admitted ignorance I am also largely unaware of any new military Command Structure and programs for example nations which now have a 'Space Force' but I have some generalized understanding of events and peace operations.

an interesting video here

A well trained dog vid

Q 'Can I Pet Your Dog'
A 'No He's Working'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiyiSLD8aBA

Here is a video clip about a Working Dog 'Luca' who detected bombs but was hit by a secondary device. No human fatalities occurred under her watch and the Dog was awarded a medal of bravery, the dog was adopted by her original handler, they are very emotional and act like the dog is one of them. I would imagine they care about the health of these animals a lot and are also concerned about putting them at risk, the dog was officially retired after her injury. The Dog seems to have lived a long healthy life and died peacefully, the Dog even had a 'facebook' page, so while it was a 'Working Dog' it also had a comfortable life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9uNT7kNvM

Here is an article with a story about DARPA initiative trying to build a  “Dog’s Nose,” Some robot detectors were not as sensitive as a Dogs nose and failed to find the bomb while others did well in a sterile environment but were too responsive, reacting a plant smell and soil smell instead of a mine or bomb smell. Some dogs might be more difficult to train or less intelligent than others. A smart dog might have another five to six pups  some of the litter might be born a little dumb, some of the pups might be born smarter the US military seems to pick German Shepherd breed of Working Dogs and Belgian Malinois

'Why explosives detectors still can’t beat a dog’s nose'
https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/1 … e-sensors/
The oldest technology for detecting trace amounts of materials remains the best.

Boston Robotics already are selling a robot dog 'Spot' which comes with an extended Arm or Dinosaur type head. When a real life organic Dog sniffs out something in a farmers field maybe a Drone could be used alongside the Dogs and then fly over and check for dangers using  radio frequency (RF) waves reflected or laser reflection or sound waves from above or fly above the field and find mines using the ground ground penetration radar. Perhaps there would soon be a day when the Robot talks to the Dog and translates and the Robot and canine work together, looking around the corner or a building or sniffing out what 'trap' or bomb might be already inside tunnels and trenches.

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2023-08-21 17:04:18)

#67 2023-11-21 12:00:34

tahanson43206

For Mars_B4_Moon re #66

Thank you for this interesting post, with links to a number of promising remote control systems.

Today's post is about the famous line of "Tonka(r)" toys now owned by Hasbro.

I wrote to Hasbro today, inquiring about possible development of more sophisticated remote control than they currently offer.

Their existing line of Tonka(r) toys include some that operate using a game controller and bluetooth.  That is a definite start in the right direction, but falls well short of what I am looking for.  I wrote my inquiry to attempt to explain what would be a fully developed teleoperation system, still priced for the home market as a "toy" but the "toy" would include a mount for a smart phone (to be supplied by the customer).

It is that smartphone that could provide the video (through cameras) and communications (via cellphone wireless) while operating the toy using bluetooth(tm).

The home operator could "drive" the device with nothing more than a laptop, but a fully featured version would support Virtual Reality headsets along with the game controller.

If this vision is fully realized, potentially the product would still cost only a little more than the existing mass market version, but thanks to the smartphone (to be supplied by purchaser) the device could have much greater potential for remote operation that does the existing line of products.

(th)

#68 2023-11-24 08:57:57

tahanson43206

This is a follow up to Post #67

I've learned that the "Tonka" brand is managed by Hasbro, and they informed me that the actual company that makes Tonka(r) is "Sunrise". I've written to them, do ask if they might be willing to blend a smartphone into their design.  I'll report if they reply.

In the mean time, I decided to explore a bit further in the "Bulldozer" space, and learned that there is a completely separate non-toy segment of the market that I knew nothing about.  One example of many is this one:

US Stock 1/14 RC Bulldozer DXR2 Metal Hydraulic Model Assembled Sound Light
ToucanHobby US Warehouse
ToucanHobby US Warehouse
(3147)
99.8% positiveSeller's other itemsSeller's other itemsContact seller
US $2,599.90
or Best Offer
$108.32 for 24 months with PayPal Credit*

What interests me about ** this ** segment is that the equipment is robust enough (non-toy) to be used for actual construction projects. If a person/customer has the wherewithal to make an investment at this level, and the work to be done is non-trivial, then this is an alternative to hiring a construction worker with a spade.

Looking forward, the builder of these devices might be willing to consider integrating a smart phone into the configuration, so that true teleoperation is possible.

(th)

#69 2024-01-07 08:02:55

tahanson43206

In another attempt to reach a manufacturer willing to consider the teleoperation market, and specifically the consumer segment, I decided to follow an ad from SnowJoe to see it it had a contact button ...

Buried deep under all the product blurbs I found a contact option, so submitted this text:

Please ask your creative staff to add remote Teleoperation using virtual reality and a smart phone to the child's snow pusher vehicle.  That vehicle can be operated remotely if you mount a smartphone on the device and use Bluetooth to control the machine remotely.  I would like to be able to operate the machine from home, at a distance of 100 meters or so. Please contact me if you need further guidance.  I have a contact who can supervise software development. His rate is $800 per hour, but he can work via Internet. His day job is with a major US company.

The product of interest goes for $400 or so.  It allows a child to shovel snow with a Jeep-like vehicle that is battery powered and large enough to do some serious snow shoveling.

(th)

#70 2024-01-10 19:54:56

tahanson43206

This web site showed up in a search for updates on the field of teleoperation...

https://www.startus-insights.com/innova … -startups/

All the top five selected sites are in Europe or otherwise away from US.

https://www.ottopia.tech/ << in Israel

(th)

#71 2024-01-19 13:40:36

tahanson43206

I've written to this company previously....

It is normal for companies to ignore unsolicited suggestions for products, to a non-response it to be expected...

Here is my latest attempt to break through the defenses...

Please forward this inquiry to the President of the company.  I am trying to bring a very large potential market to your attention. I've written in the past, and have received not reply, so I assume my message was discarded. The market I have in mind is older folks with financial resources. The product line is Teleoperation Equipment for home dwellers.  Right now, we have ultra cold conditions in much of the US and around the Northern Hemisphere. Please consider contacting me via the email address given above so I can provide more details.  The actual hardware cost to upgrade your equipment should be modest, because the buyer would provide the Smart Phone to handle communications. (th)

(th)

#72 2024-01-19 15:58:45

tahanson43206

I decided to enlist ChatGPT4 to see what it might do with this concept.  ChatGPT-4 has recently teamed up with DALL-E image software.

Here is a text formatted report of our discussion. I'll follow that with two images created by DALL-E.

Market Potential

• Demographic Appeal: Appeals to those with physical constraints or time limitations.

• Technological Trend: Aligns with the growing trend in smart home technology.

• Seasonal Variation: Equipment for all seasons ensures year-round relevance.

Technical Considerations

• Connectivity: Essential for consistent control within 100 meters.

• Control Interface: Must be user-friendly and intuitive.

• Safety Features: Emergency stops and obstacle detection are crucial.

Legal and Regulatory Concerns

• Liability: Clear determination of liability in case of accidents.

• Regulations: Compliance with local and federal regulations.

Ethical and Social Implications

• Privacy Concerns: Address potential privacy issues for neighbors.

• Labor Implications: Consider impact on traditional yard maintenance jobs.

Environmental Impact

• Sustainability: Focus on eco-friendly technology.

• Noise Pollution: Ensure machines are not excessively noisy.

Market Penetration Strategy

• Pilot Programs: Start with community demonstrations.

• Customer Education: Inform about benefits and ease of use.

Competition and Differentiation

• Unique Selling Proposition (USP): Emphasize direct control over robotic solutions.

• Scalability: Potential expansion beyond residential use.

Financial Viability

• Cost Analysis: Balance advanced technology with affordability.

• Revenue Model: Explore various revenue models.

Future Expansion

• Technological Upgrades: Incorporate VR and AI for enhanced control.

• Global Reach: Investigate international market potential.

In conclusion, while your proposal holds significant potential, careful consideration of these cautions and strategic planning is vital for its success.

This location is reserved for the first image propared by DALL-E

This location is reserved for the second image prepared by DALL-E

Both images will require some work to prepare them for display.  They were rendered in XML, and at this point, I don't know how to prepare them for delivery from imgur.com.

Update later ... the images are available via link ... I'll paste them here to see what happens:

First Try: Huge payloader shoveling snow

file-DJln01F03tSK11eXI5my15U2?se=2024-01-20T03%3A00%3A24Z&sp=r&sv=2021-08-06&sr=b&rscc=max-age%3D31536000%2C%20immutable&rscd=attachment%3B%20filename%3Dc5c7f99d-6710-4352-846f-02fd18da815c.webp&sig=uWI%2BCjsMEyuK0cG0WhxZds7Ip2BauCHFhy%2BVuQQHeJo%3D

Second try: Smaller snow machine

Here's the revised image created by DALL-E, depicting a smaller, unmanned snow thrower equipped with a smartphone for remote operation. This image should align more closely with your concept, illustrating the teleoperation capability of the snow thrower as controlled by the operator inside the home.

OK ... I'll try what worked before ... OpenAI saves the image as a .webp formatted file. I have to import it and save it locally, and then use a series of programs to finally get a png.

lazRm2k.png

(th)

#73 2024-01-20 09:25:30

tahanson43206

In today's work session, I asked CH4 to make adjustments to the image.

The process was quite interesting and challenging.  Here is a copy of the text prepared by CH4 and submitted to DALL-E

DALL-E Prompt for Final Snow Thrower Image
"An image showing a modern home with a large window. Through the window, we see an operator inside, controlling a snow thrower remotely using a computer. The snow thrower is unmanned, equipped with a rotating reel and a snow chute at the front. A smartphone is placed on the seat of the snow thrower, symbolizing remote control communication. The snow thrower is actively clearing snow, with snow being visibly ejected from the front chute only. No wires are visible as all devices communicate wirelessly. The environment depicts a snowy residential area."

Line reserved for link to image:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4znpY … sp=sharing

I'll attempt to set up a link to the actual image. In the mean time, if you click on the link, it should show the image prepared by DALL-E using the prompt prepared by ChatGPT under my direction.

The image has a number of features that convey a sense of what I have in mind.  The Smart Phone is shown mounted on the handlebars of a snow thrower. The operator is shown inside the home, using a Stock Exchange array of monitors to direct the machine.

Bluetooth provides communication between the smart phone and the snow thrower.  WiFi provides communication inside the home. The cell phone network provides communication from the machine to the home.

Rm5TNnL.png

(th)

#74 2024-01-21 21:26:47

tahanson43206

Today's work session with ChatGPT4 took a step back from struggles with DALL-E. 

Instead, I asked CH4 to think about the Big Picture, and prepare an outline for the head of a major corporation.  The presentation below was prepared by ChatGPT4 under the supervision of tahanson43206, who is responsible for correction of any errors that may occur.

Presentation Outline: Teleoperated Yard Equipment Venture

1. Introduction: The Concept

• Innovative Solution: Introduce the concept of teleoperated yard equipment, focusing on revolutionizing traditional yard maintenance.

• Target Market: Emphasize a wide range of potential customers, from homeowners with physical limitations to those seeking convenience.

2. Technology and Operation

• Teleoperation Mechanism: Explain the technology allowing remote control of yard equipment, using smartphones or computers.

• Safety and Efficiency: Highlight safety features, ease of use, and efficiency improvements.

3. Market Potential and Demand

• Demographic Trends: Discuss demographic trends indicating a growing market.

• Competitive Advantage: Detail how this service stands out from existing solutions.

4. Business Model

• Revenue Streams: Outline potential revenue models.

• Scalability: Discuss scalability and potential for market expansion.

5. Environmental and Social Impact

• Eco-Friendly Approach: Emphasize environmental benefits.

• Community Benefits: Highlight social benefits and accessibility.

6. Future Prospects

• Technological Advancements: Share ideas for future tech integration.

• Vision for Growth: Present a vision for future growth and adaptation.

7. Conclusion and Call to Action

• Summarize the Opportunity: Recap the unique value proposition.

• Call to Action: Encourage consideration for partnership or collaboration.

8. Supplementary Materials

• Visual Aids: Include images depicting the equipment in action.

• Data and Forecasts: Provide market research and forecasts.

(th)

#75 2024-01-21 22:06:29

tahanson43206

In the work session after Post #74, ChatGPT4 worked with DALL-E to approach closer and closer to an image that might show a lawn mower set up for Teleoperation.  I decided to keep the version that I hope to show below.  The text for the prompt looks like this:

DALL-E Prompt for Teleoperated Lawn Mower Image
An image showing a self-powered electric lawn mower with a clipping catcher at the back, placed on a grassy lawn with an attractive home in the background. Importantly, the lawn mower has a securely attached holder on the handle, where a smartphone is mounted vertically. The smartphone's placement is crucial as its camera needs to see the yard in front of the machine for remote operation. The scene should emphasize the practicality and safety of the securely mounted smartphone, integral to the teleoperated lawn mower's functionality.

Link to image goes here ... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--KBKv … sp=sharing

I will try to link to imgur.com next...0PiEJ0u.png

(th)

Board footer