New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#176 2022-03-12 05:58:47

Mars_B4_Moon
Member
Registered: 2006-03-23
Posts: 4,782

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

CDC Guidance: 98% of U.S. Population Can Drop Masks Indoors
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news … ks-indoors

One-third of all US child Covid deaths occurred during Omicron surge
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ … cron-surge

Efficacy of antimicrobial and anti-viral coated air filters to prevent the spread of airborne pathogens
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-06579-9

SpaceNut wrote:

.

The trial is backed by the UK government and Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates and former wife Melinda French's charity.

Covid-19 Australia: Bill Gates hails Australian response to coronavirus pandemic as gold standard
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ndard.html

Melinda Gates Gets Asked About Bill Gates' Friend Jeffrey Epstein— Her Confession Will Give You Chills.
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status … 0389530630


The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), a merging of the William H. Gates Foundation and the Gates Learning Foundation,
https://en.wikipedia.org/
is an American private foundation founded by Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates. Based in Seattle, Washington, it was launched in 2000 and is reported as of 2020 to be the second largest charitable foundation in the world, holding $49.8 billion in assets

Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI): A global group tasked with more quickly developing vaccines against infectious disease threats worldwide was launched on January 8, 2017, by a coalition of governments and nonprofit groups including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, funded with an initial investment of $460 million from Germany, Japan, Norway, the Wellcome Trust and the Gates foundation, aims to develop vaccines against known infectious disease threats that could be deployed quickly to contain outbreaks before they become global health emergencies, the group said in a statement at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland

Since 2011, the president of the Global Health Program is Trevor Mundel

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-03-12 06:01:32)

Offline

#177 2022-03-12 14:53:31

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 26,803

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

If the WHO is in the know as to these biologic sites then we need to ensure that they keep a higher level of standards in light of events which have already on folded.
There are valid scientific reasons for the research labs but we need to ensure that we do err on the side of humans on earth and not use what we learn as a means to cause more damage to earth in the long run.

Offline

#178 2022-03-13 22:42:38

clark
Member
Registered: 2001-09-20
Posts: 6,348

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

clark,

If a salesman was trying to convince you to buy a car from him, should he kick off that conversation by telling you how stupid you are being for not buying a car from him?

Has that approach to salesmanship ever worked on you?

If only someone told you how stupid you are being for not buying a car from him, the correct number of times, or that he works with leading experts who know how stupid you are being for not buying a car from him, would that suddenly convince you to buy a car from him?

If so, then that's a very interesting approach to car sales that I have never considered.

It hasn't kbd512, mostly because I'm not a cars salesman. I get your point though. I can't call a moron a moron and expect him to stop being a moron. So I guess I have to educate the morons in a way that is non-threatening. I have to use small words, and validate their fears. It's not them and their ignorant upbringing or their failed logic. Terraformer and Calliban need an excuse, right?

Science says those like Terraformer and Calliban are wrong. History will prove them wrong if you reject the science. What then? But hey, forget the science and just chill with the social aspect of quasi white nationalists. That's your martian future here. You allow it, you tolerate it. Explain that to your kids kbd.

But the stars.

Offline

#179 2022-03-14 06:03:52

Calliban
Member
From: Northern England, UK
Registered: 2019-08-18
Posts: 2,234

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

clark wrote:

clark,

If a salesman was trying to convince you to buy a car from him, should he kick off that conversation by telling you how stupid you are being for not buying a car from him?

Has that approach to salesmanship ever worked on you?

If only someone told you how stupid you are being for not buying a car from him, the correct number of times, or that he works with leading experts who know how stupid you are being for not buying a car from him, would that suddenly convince you to buy a car from him?

If so, then that's a very interesting approach to car sales that I have never considered.

It hasn't kbd512, mostly because I'm not a cars salesman. I get your point though. I can't call a moron a moron and expect him to stop being a moron. So I guess I have to educate the morons in a way that is non-threatening. I have to use small words, and validate their fears. It's not them and their ignorant upbringing or their failed logic. Terraformer and Calliban need an excuse, right?

Science says those like Terraformer and Calliban are wrong. History will prove them wrong if you reject the science. What then? But hey, forget the science and just chill with the social aspect of quasi white nationalists. That's your martian future here. You allow it, you tolerate it. Explain that to your kids kbd.

But the stars.

So basically, everyone is stupid if they don't agree with you.  And without any links or intelligent argument to corroborate your point of view, you arrogantly tell us that 'the science' backs up your world view and that we are stupid for not taking everything you say on faith.  And no one should be allowed to speak that doesn't agree with you.  Because if they don't unquestionably accept your authority on these matters, they are stupid, ignorant right wingers, with sore knuckles, as a result of constantly dragging them along the ground.  Why am I not convinced by you?  You are all the things that you accuse others of being.

For the record, I never said that mRNA vaccines do not work at all.  I am merely concerned that they carry risks, significant risks for some people.  And I am concerned that the benefits may not outweigh the disbenefits.  And that balance is going to be different for different people.  I am open to challenge on any of the opinions I put forward.  But you have no way of addressing these points, because you do not have the information to address them.  I suspect that no one does.  And you are frightened to even look for it in case it proves something that contradicts your own narrative.  You just have this vague faith that I must be wrong, because I am contradicting your chosen narrative.

You are clearly a very insecure person and your personal attacks show a lot of anxiety.  You feel personally threatened when someone holds opinions that might prick the comfortable little bubble that you have squeezed your little mind into.  Science is never on the side of those that lack the ability for independent, critical thought.  It rests upon the ability to question everything.  That is the first thing you need to be a good scientist.  And it is something alien and terrifying to you, because to be a good scientist you must be prepared to doubt your own certainties.  You are too fragile for that.  So you trade insults and slurs and call for censorship.  Sadly, you will learn nothing from this board because your weak ego will never accept that you don't know it all already.

Last edited by Calliban (2022-03-14 06:08:32)


"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

Offline

#180 2022-03-14 11:40:30

Terraformer
Member
From: Ceres
Registered: 2007-08-27
Posts: 3,560
Website

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Lol you guys are still responding to him? He's not going to change his mind, you aren't going to 'win'.

Last edited by Terraformer (2022-03-14 12:07:00)


"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

Offline

#181 2022-03-14 12:59:13

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 6,246

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

clark,

I don't think you do get my point, because you continue to call people names instead of explaining to them why they're wrong.  Explanation takes real effort, but that is the underlying reason for pursuing science- explanations to our questions that are as accurate as we know how to derive them.  Since you know so much about "the science", you should make an attempt to articulate some part of what you know about it, yet you continually decline to do that.  Are you truly that lazy, or do you have some other explanation for your behavior?

The only thing history has proven is that "the science" continues to change, which means science can only ever tell us what we know at the moment, provided it hasn't been perverted for some other purpose not related to science.  From where I'm sitting, this entire line of argumentation is starting to look very religious in nature- on the part of both parties.  You sort for similarity and they sort for difference.  You think because most people have done something without immediate and severe complications, that somehow means any other result is not valid or didn't actually happen, or can be discounted based upon your beliefs about the person explaining what happened to them or someone they personally know.  The other side thinks that because they know someone who had an adverse reaction, that that experience was somehow normative or likely to carry over to someone else.  Both ways of interpreting results seem like abhorrently bad ways to practice medicine, or to conduct any other scientific experiment, for that matter.

As for tolerance, I tolerate grown men and women behaving exactly like small children do because even though I would like to believe that age and education and experience are supposed to confer some small measure of wisdom and tactfulness in dealing with other people, even people we don't personally like, I also know that there are precious few examples of that in this world or any other than we humans inhabit.  Your treatment of others here has been a constant reminder of where my beliefs fail me.  Thank you for that.

Offline

#182 2022-03-14 13:07:47

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 6,246

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Terraformer,

Pretend for a moment that an impartial observer, who doesn't particularly care about what the correct answer happens to be, but who wants an accurate answer regardless, is reading through these exchanges.

What must they think about sending people to Mars after reading what was written here?

Offline

#183 2022-03-14 14:58:06

Terraformer
Member
From: Ceres
Registered: 2007-08-27
Posts: 3,560
Website

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

That's why you respond once and then leave it. Proverbs 26.


"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

Offline

#184 2022-03-14 16:16:33

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

You've just compounded the error in your previous post adding argument from invective.

These are official stats. I doubt you even understand the statistical issues. Try this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

From the paper:

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases...

In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days.

No doubt you will just claim you have "billions of stats" that prove this wrong...

In my view any fair minded analyst will conclude the Covid vaccines have been a failure in stopping general viral spread and that the preferred "cures" of lockdowns, test and trace, masks, and coercive vaccination have proved disastrous in combination, inflicting huge societal damage.


clark wrote:

"Well then, you'll understand these stats won't you?:

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/urg … mments?s=r

90% of Covid deaths in the UK are from people who have received the vaccine. This is just Covid, not looking at all-mortality stats.

I'm afraid your flawed "argument from authority" (as philosophers define it) does not cancel out those sorts of statistics."

Little man. I have millions and billions or real world results that all say the same thing, vaccines work. Your "stats" are hundreds. Mine are millions. Why are you on a board about mars colonization where you decide to peddle pseudo science around vaccination? WTF is wrong with the rest of you reading this?

Last edited by louis (2022-03-14 16:17:39)


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#185 2022-03-14 17:17:21

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 26,803

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

The Israel were vaccinated with the Johnson and Johnson that was horribly flawed to think that it was going to work with one shot. Its development was for the A strain and not the delta or omnicron which were in full cycle of changing.

Covid 19 variants

Thinking that one vaccine would work for each flu virus was silly since we make new ones for each flu season and this is called the flu...

All pharmacy dispensed medication comes with a pamphlet to tell you what issues you might have when taking the medicines. That a doctor has written a prescription for.

The vaccines were dispense without that doctor even taking part in determining if you could or could not take the medicine in this case the vaccine.

There was no preliminary test given to see what might have caused any reaction to taking it nor was there any follow by a doctor to see if you were ok from taking it.

There was no tests to see if your odds were higher in taking it versus not for die'ing than if you took it.

While most took it with no issues the fact that some did have problems was not taken into account unless you died right away from it.

Then what was the research to correct for those that should not take it, so that you would know if you were disposed to an issues.

Sounds like a broken system that circumvented the norm in which your doctor was involved.

I hear that we already have the next variant labelled as Deltacron as seen in the UK but what does it really mean.... for Coronavirus’s Next Move Here are four shapes that the next variant might take—which will also dictate the shape of our response.

Energizer bunny has nothing on covid as it keeps going
https://news.yahoo.com/covid-finally-sp … 34740.html

Offline

#186 2022-03-15 01:17:04

clark
Member
Registered: 2001-09-20
Posts: 6,348

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Floating in the boat of mental midgets. Look, stars, how must the fiery lights in heaven work? How many of you watched the covid patient die on the respirator? How many of you watched the hospital ER get overwhelmed with covid and non-covid patients? Sad little people with sad little comments. You are making a difference. Prove your point. A lot of brilliant people are doing their best to try and make sure that as many of us, collectively, dont die. But hey, Mars. Your stupid pathetic world view is a demonstration that the good works of many are undone by the few.

We might as well invite the flat earth society to start posting here. Sad sacks.

Offline

#187 2022-03-15 03:21:31

Terraformer
Member
From: Ceres
Registered: 2007-08-27
Posts: 3,560
Website

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

The Israel were vaccinated with the Johnson and Johnson

Hmm? Israel went all in on the Pfizer vaccine, right when the first vaccines came out (this is where we learned about the myocarditis risk from). If they're having a problem with vaccines losing efficacy, it's a Pfizer problem.


"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

Offline

#188 2022-03-15 12:05:05

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 6,246

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

clark,

My worldview is that everyone needs to accept the fact that other people don't share their worldview, and will never be convinced to share any particular worldview through insults.  If you ever manage to clear off that giant chip on your shoulder, then you'll come to understand the wisdom of that statement.

Offline

#189 2022-03-15 15:02:09

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Completely wrong, Spacenut. Israelis cut a deal with Pfizer. They are vaccinated with Pfizer.

Still, keep trying!

SpaceNut wrote:

The Israel were vaccinated with the Johnson and Johnson that was horribly flawed to think that it was going to work with one shot. Its development was for the A strain and not the delta or omnicron which were in full cycle of changing.

Covid 19 variants

Thinking that one vaccine would work for each flu virus was silly since we make new ones for each flu season and this is called the flu...

All pharmacy dispensed medication comes with a pamphlet to tell you what issues you might have when taking the medicines. That a doctor has written a prescription for.

The vaccines were dispense without that doctor even taking part in determining if you could or could not take the medicine in this case the vaccine.

There was no preliminary test given to see what might have caused any reaction to taking it nor was there any follow by a doctor to see if you were ok from taking it.

There was no tests to see if your odds were higher in taking it versus not for die'ing than if you took it.

While most took it with no issues the fact that some did have problems was not taken into account unless you died right away from it.

Then what was the research to correct for those that should not take it, so that you would know if you were disposed to an issues.

Sounds like a broken system that circumvented the norm in which your doctor was involved.

I hear that we already have the next variant labelled as Deltacron as seen in the UK but what does it really mean.... for Coronavirus’s Next Move Here are four shapes that the next variant might take—which will also dictate the shape of our response.

Energizer bunny has nothing on covid as it keeps going
https://news.yahoo.com/covid-finally-sp … 34740.html


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#190 2022-03-15 15:03:21

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

I see you got there before me! My apologies for repeating the point.

Terraformer wrote:

The Israel were vaccinated with the Johnson and Johnson

Hmm? Israel went all in on the Pfizer vaccine, right when the first vaccines came out (this is where we learned about the myocarditis risk from). If they're having a problem with vaccines losing efficacy, it's a Pfizer problem.


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#191 2022-03-15 15:15:46

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Hell of a lot of people died from being put on respirators unnecessarily.  Hell of a lot people have been denied effective treatments e.g. HCQ. Ivermectin or budesine and have died as a result.  In the UK, about 25% of people with Covid in hospital caught it in hospital. 

Having tried argument from authority and argument from invective (both non-valid), you are now ignoring the stats and arguing from emotion, equally non-valid. Why you ignore the stats, I don't know. I thought all good health practice was based on analysis of statistical data.

The facts are that Covid vaccination makes little or no difference to health outcomes re Covid but does appear to be causing illness in previously healthy people e.g. the many cases of sudden cardiac arrest, myocarditis, Bells palsy and shingles. In other words, the coercive vaccination programme is looking like the worst ever self-inflicted health disaster in history, especially when you view it in association with its linked policies of lockdown, test&trace and mask mandates. Most worryingly we don't know if this health disaster is going to fade as time goes on or get worse.

clark wrote:

Floating in the boat of mental midgets. Look, stars, how must the fiery lights in heaven work? How many of you watched the covid patient die on the respirator? How many of you watched the hospital ER get overwhelmed with covid and non-covid patients? Sad little people with sad little comments. You are making a difference. Prove your point. A lot of brilliant people are doing their best to try and make sure that as many of us, collectively, dont die. But hey, Mars. Your stupid pathetic world view is a demonstration that the good works of many are undone by the few.

We might as well invite the flat earth society to start posting here. Sad sacks.


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#192 2022-03-15 19:31:03

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 26,803

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

None of the medicines do anything once you are infected with the virus for survive-ability.

I stand corrected on the Pfizer versus Johnson as the one which the Israel got was the RNA and not the later mRNA which seems to be in 10/21 time frame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ … _in_Israel

Early into the programme, Israel provided Pfizer with medical information about its citizens as part of a deal for the country to receive a supply COVID-19 vaccines from the company

Offline

#193 2022-03-16 09:21:16

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Don't make it worse! Pfizer's vaccine is an mRNA vaccine.

SpaceNut wrote:

None of the medicines do anything once you are infected with the virus for survive-ability.

I stand corrected on the Pfizer versus Johnson as the one which the Israel got was the RNA and not the later mRNA which seems to be in 10/21 time frame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ … _in_Israel

Early into the programme, Israel provided Pfizer with medical information about its citizens as part of a deal for the country to receive a supply COVID-19 vaccines from the company


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#194 2022-03-16 20:03:38

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 26,803

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Offline

#195 2022-03-17 01:44:52

clark
Member
Registered: 2001-09-20
Posts: 6,348

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Those without any vaccination, die at a higher rate.
Those with a vaccination, die at a lower rate.

That is what science says. Roll your dice, sad sacks.

but stars.

Offline

#196 2022-03-17 03:08:02

Calliban
Member
From: Northern England, UK
Registered: 2019-08-18
Posts: 2,234

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

clark wrote:

Those without any vaccination, die at a higher rate.
Those with a vaccination, die at a lower rate.

That is what science says. Roll your dice, sad sacks.

but stars.

Got any data to support this?  Die from what?


"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

Offline

#197 2022-03-17 14:05:31

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

We should definitely be looking at all cause mortality in relation to vaccination but nearly all health authorities hide that info.

Re Clark's comment it's worth noting how the claims have changed over time...originally this was going to be a 95% effective vaccine. You weren't supposed to even get Covid if you'd had the vaccine unless you were really quite unlucky. When it became clear it did little or nothing to stop you getting Covid the claim became "OK but your symptoms are milder". When this claim became difficult to uphold, the claim became, "OK but you are less likely to die from Covid." If you are less likely to die there should be a strong correlation between countries with hghest vaccination rates and lowest Covid death rates. But that strong correlation does not exist.

And of course, no proper analysis has been done on all-cause mortality among the vaccinated.

Two things need to be remembered as well: Firstly, people who cannot have the vaccine because they are too ill and close to death, are defined as "unvaccinated". With a disease that has such a low mortality rate, it can be seen that that fact alone could totally skew the figures.  Secondly, people who are "fully vaccinated" ie have had all their boosters are a kind of self-selecting group. Clearly they have not had any major side effects from previous vaccinations that would deter them from having a booster. I suspect these boosterites are probably among the healthiest in their age groups now (this wasn't true when vaccination started of course, but I think it is becoming truer over time).

Calliban wrote:
clark wrote:

Those without any vaccination, die at a higher rate.
Those with a vaccination, die at a lower rate.

That is what science says. Roll your dice, sad sacks.

but stars.

Got any data to support this?  Die from what?


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#198 2022-03-17 15:30:20

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

One of the top three most Covid-vaccinated nations on Earth, I recall. And yet Israel has not been able to stop the Covid death spikes. Why, if the vaccine is so effective at stopping death from Covid?  Notice too the familiar original Covid death spike that follows on first wave of  wave of vaccination.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/all … mments?s=r


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#199 2022-03-17 15:58:16

Terraformer
Member
From: Ceres
Registered: 2007-08-27
Posts: 3,560
Website

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

louis, the first wave of vaccination *did* happen just before a winter wave of covid in a lot of places... not America of course, approval was delayed to deny Trump a victory.

Anyway, the effect on mortality is very noticeable amongst the elderly. It's not really too visible in young people, because the death rate without vaccination is so low, and pretty much non existent in children without severe complex health issues. Hence the recommendation by our Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation that children *not* be vaccinated (which the government decided to ignore). The risks of injury from the vaccines in those age groups appear to be comparable to the risks from covid, and may be higher. And of course, most of them had already been infected by that point and so didn't need vaccination...


"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

Offline

#200 2022-03-17 17:45:08

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,208

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

The death waves following introduction of vaccination are seen throughout the world regardless of season. In any case Israel's winter is what most of us would call summer. Coronaviruses in the more consistently warm parts of the planet don't necessarily behave in the same seasonal way from what I've read on the subject. The one example I always recall was Mongolia which had no deaths from Covid until it began a vaccination programme. 

Actually USA was pretty much the first to begin a general vaccination programme but the announcement of the vaccine's development was indeed delayed (by a week or so) until after Trump's disputed defeat in the 2020 election, in order to avoid him benefitting politically. That's how cynical they are - forget all the crap about their only concern being to save lives. By their own reckoning (assuming the original claim of 95% efficacy) they were prepared to see maybe 50,000 people die in the USA in order to prevent Trump gaining any political advantage from the development of the vaccine which his government had backed.


Terraformer wrote:

louis, the first wave of vaccination *did* happen just before a winter wave of covid in a lot of places... not America of course, approval was delayed to deny Trump a victory.

Anyway, the effect on mortality is very noticeable amongst the elderly. It's not really too visible in young people, because the death rate without vaccination is so low, and pretty much non existent in children without severe complex health issues. Hence the recommendation by our Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation that children *not* be vaccinated (which the government decided to ignore). The risks of injury from the vaccines in those age groups appear to be comparable to the risks from covid, and may be higher. And of course, most of them had already been infected by that point and so didn't need vaccination...

Last edited by louis (2022-03-17 17:46:08)


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB