New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#101 2021-12-30 22:16:12

kbd512
Administrator

Re: CDC director warns of a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated.’

Louis,

I believe clark stated that they're being "told" to triage care based upon who they think they can save.  Apart from mass casualties, that typically doesn't happen in the hospitals here in America.  Calling him a "poor thinker" for relaying what he's been ordered to do is what I find appalling.  Shooting the messenger because you don't like the message is bad form, not to mention the fact that it won't change reality.

What's pretty clear to me is that the understanding that the average person has of medicine is about the same as their understanding of energy, engineering, or history, which is to state that it's tantamount to total ignorance.  At this point, it's increasingly bizarre.  I feel like I've been stuck watching a slow-motion train wreck for the past two years.  I know it's not, but it feels like a punishment.

#102 2021-12-30 23:08:33

SpaceNut
Administrator

US emergency rooms all use a scale of severity to judge whom gets waited on first and so do urgent care locations. The only place that is not is your doctors office for appointment care. Most do not have any walk in any longer.

#103 2021-12-31 04:14:50

clark

I shared, and I am sorry. I have a front line view, so reject me or embrace as you deem fit. People are dying. More than usual. It's not a conspiracy as far as I can tell, sitting here with a front row seat. It's not a fat disease. It's also not an old person disease. Yeah, you are fat and old the numbers are not good, but this fu*king thing is killing 30'yr olds. Pause on that for a moment. Otherwise healthy 30'yr old's are dead. Even if you want to distract with statistics, the reality is that our collective health care system will be inundated with fat or old people, meaning that you will not have a health system to save you when you need it.

We are not told to "triage", we triage based on the god damned reality. No one ordered me to do this. What you all fail to realize is that your blindness comes at a cost. Good luck all of you.

#104 2021-12-31 17:02:30

Mars_B4_Moon

This seems to be a quote from Donald Trump's blog called 'The Desk of Donald J Trump' the 45th President of the United States is banned across many social media like youtube, twitter, facebook while the Iranian terrorists and Taliban are allowed operate social media accounts.

Trump statement

The United States just set a record high for coronavirus infections. Remember when Biden said that he would quickly and easily solve this problem? How’s he doing? He now says that it is up to the states, not the Federal Government, exactly the opposite of what he said during the campaign!

He also has international links and gives interviews to people such as Nigel Farage who has his own British radio station in London England

Although Trump is banned people seem to mirror and retweet is vids or statements

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2021-12-31 17:03:07)

#105 2021-12-31 17:38:38

Calliban

Mars_B4_Moon wrote:

This seems to be a quote from Donald Trump's blog called 'The Desk of Donald J Trump' the 45th President of the United States is banned across many social media like youtube, twitter, facebook while the Iranian terrorists and Taliban are allowed operate social media accounts.

Trump statement

The United States just set a record high for coronavirus infections. Remember when Biden said that he would quickly and easily solve this problem? How’s he doing? He now says that it is up to the states, not the Federal Government, exactly the opposite of what he said during the campaign!

He also has international links and gives interviews to people such as Nigel Farage who has his own British radio station in London England

Although Trump is banned people seem to mirror and retweet is vids or statements

If you haven't been banned by the likes of Zuckerberg, then you haven't done a decent day's work.  It now looks very likely that Trump will get a second shot at the presidency in 2024.  If only he were half the things the left accuse him of being.

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#106 2021-12-31 19:14:40

SpaceNut
Administrator

So we are now blaming how many get infected based on whom is president...

Science is still chasing its tail to find anything that works
Scientists to test high dexamethasone doses in severely ill COVID-19 patients

They had found that a 6 mg daily dose of dexamethasone, which is used to reduce inflammation in diseases such as arthritis, cut death rates by around a third among the most severely ill COVID-19 patients in hospitals.

RECOVERY will compare a higher dose of 20 mg of dexamethasone given once daily for five days, followed by 10mg once-daily for a another five days, to the usual low dose treatment given for up to ten days, the trial's website showed.

The trial is backed by the UK government and Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates and former wife Melinda French's charity.

Last week, the scientists began studying GSK and Vir Biotechnology's antibody-based COVID-19 drug as a possible treatment for hospitalised patients.

#107 2022-01-01 04:00:21

clark

I reply against my better judgement because, kbd, you seem consigned to reality.

"No, but the umbrella manufacturers would never be permitted to claim that their products prevent anyone from getting wet,"

No vaccine manufacturer claims this. No scientists that reviewed the clinical studies claims this.  Vaccination decreases odds of getting covid. Which you know.

"How many young healthy adults have died from COVID in your hospital versus old and fat people?"

Approximately One-third. One out of three.

"It sounds to me like you're relaying evidence that the vaccines have not done a good job of protecting your staff from COVID.  That's not good news.  Maybe it's time for your doctors to learn that prevention, however important, is merely a single aspect of medicine? "

"my doctors" are trying to save lives. Just like the nurses. We took the vaccine in the hopes we could be protected. For a time we were. But now it's a fu*king fire burning the forest down. Myself and my family will be fine, because I'm in healthcare, but the rest of you are fu*ked. I can get a bed if I need to, you jerks are going to stand in line. Why do none of you see this?

"This is nothing like coercion used to evacuate people from a burning building.  We know with 100% certainty that 100% of the people who remain in a burning building will die there.  We know from historical evidence that 97% of COVID victims survive their ordeal while the other 3% who die generally fall into a category of people who are either so compromised by other illnesses or so old that almost any serious illness would kill them.  We're coercing 97% of people to act in a way that might save the other 3%, or it might not, because anybody who claims they know what will happen 10 years from now to those who are vaccinated versus unvaccinated is a big fat liar."

So 3%, of 300 million, being 9 million, we should just say what the fuc* whatever?

"The real question is whether or not governments have the power to coerce people into participating in a pharmaceutical company's medical experiment with a vaccine after another company created a designer virus in a lab and then released it into the wild due to negligence.  I voluntarily participated in the vaccination experiment because of China's designer virus experiment, which I was involuntarily subjected to.  I can understand if others don't want to participate, but I still think it's foolish not to take the vaccine after a lab engineered super virus has been spread into the wild by a bunch of filthy communists.  Are scientists allowed to set occupied buildings on fire so that their peers are then allowed to test new fire retardant agents to put out Screaming Alphas?  That seems like an egregiously bad idea to me, although I never claim to be an expert."

The real question is what level of lizard people you should be followed under.

#108 2022-01-01 09:43:34

SpaceNut
Administrator

Some would call the release an act of war but since it was not done by releasing it over our heads  but in the mixed of there own people one must conclude that it was not intentional because we forgot that playing god is not what we should be doing. Sure we should investigate but it would seem with a greater level of security and care. So the genie is out of the bottle and we must deal with it. The pharmaceutical company's can not get ahead of this if all they are looking at is using the first generation vaccine on subsequent variants as eventually its not going to work at all in time.

So you the American are mad at China and we now have supply chain issues for the imports we get from there as well. So if you want to correct the tide of war then you need to stop buying everything you can from there instead. Its not about politics at all or which side of the fence that we vote for its about what we are doing as people to our selves.

This is where the US and world are at for vaccination and more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/coronavirus

#109 2022-01-01 14:12:49

Mars_B4_Moon

Cases
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
USA 
India
Brazil

New Year 2022: COVID Concerns Rise As Crowds Flout Coronavirus Protocol Across India
https://www.republicworld.com/india-new … eshow.html

Italy sets new COVID cases record, surpassing 100,000 for the first time
https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/272 … first-time

Live updates: Cruise ship held in Lisbon amid virus outbreak
https://www.chron.com/news/article/Live … 741863.php

Covid 19 coronavirus: France sees over 100,000 daily infections for first time
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid- … LFFBNNB5E/

Poland's COVID deaths highest since April, new restrictions
https://news.yahoo.com/polands-covid-de … 25527.html
New coronavirus variant discovered by Brazilian scientists in Rio de Janeiro
https://en.mercopress.com/2021/06/24/ne … de-janeiro

409,921 Americans have died from COVID-19 since President Joe Biden took office. He promised the American people he would "shut down the virus." (Fact check: He has not.)
https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/bide … h-tracker/

#110 2022-01-01 14:42:27

SpaceNut
Administrator

Mars_B4_Moon since its the majority of the un-vaccinated which have died and those conditions are unchanging since the resistance to get one is the issue and note whom is president plus the fact that 1 year is in the rear-view mirror the count under whom becomes meaningless.
The only thing that should matter is when will we end the onslaught from the virus...

#111 2022-01-01 15:32:10

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

Democrat President Biden promised he would end the onslaught of the COVID virus within a year.  That was clearly a L-I-E.  The Democrats decided to politicize taking vaccines, with disastrous results.  That was their idiocy and now they own it.  Nobody in the Republican Party made them do it, nor encouraged them to do it.  It all stemmed from their Trump Derangement Syndrome.  As a result, more Americans have died under a Democrat President who had COVID vaccines available than a Republican President who did not.  Trying to deflect attention away from who is President rings hollow after the Democrats spent 4 years blaming the Republican President for every bad thing that ever happened somewhere in the world and now wish to avoid taking any credit for their utter failure to stop or even slow the one bad thing that they promised would not happen if they were given power.

#112 2022-01-01 16:52:49

SpaceNut
Administrator

Yes the big lie started with it was some 30 that would be then 15 then 3 2 1 and it would be gone and continued to lie about it for 3 more months....

Bidens work is in process when the mandates are not followed and are down right brought into court, the continued false narrative of the vaccine kills, its my body ect

So half of every one will not follow either ever

The President also released a flurry of eight executive orders on Jan. 21 addressing the COVID pandemic, which included:

The virus does not know party or color it knows how to find idiots whom can not wear a mask, wash there hands and go out into public sick to infect others whom pass it around like candy.

#113 2022-01-02 02:28:15

clark

I enjoy this because it is insightful on the human condition in relation to a future mars colonization effort. Look at us, daggers out, trying to deal with a pandemic. The future ain't bright if this is what we are working with in an enclosed metal can surrounded by vacuum and dependent on a regular logistical supply chain. 

You can solve the science, but you can't solve the people.

#114 2022-01-02 08:34:37

kbd512
Administrator

clark,

clark wrote:

I reply against my better judgement because, kbd, you seem consigned to reality.

Acceptance of reality is my affliction.  You should try it some time.

clark wrote:

"No, but the umbrella manufacturers would never be permitted to claim that their products prevent anyone from getting wet,"

No vaccine manufacturer claims this. No scientists that reviewed the clinical studies claims this.  Vaccination decreases odds of getting covid. Which you know.

I think you actually meant that getting a COVID vaccine decreases the odds of serious illness and complications from contracting COVID.

clark wrote:

"How many young healthy adults have died from COVID in your hospital versus old and fat people?"

Approximately One-third. One out of three.

National level data indicate that vastly more people who are elderly or have chronic medical conditions have been hospitalized or died from COVID than "young and healthy adults", so whatever you have personally seen does not appear to be replicated at a national level.

This is where I get my data from:

CDC - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Scroll to and locate Table 1.  Click on the button labeled "Total" in the lower right hand corner of the "Table 1" Power BI report.

I show "young and healthy people" (0-49 years) as 6.8% of total COVID deaths, (0-39 years) 2.5% of total COVID deaths.  That must mean 93.2% (age group 50+) to 97.5% (age group 40+) of all COVID deaths are either "not young people" or "not young people and not healthy people".

clark wrote:

"It sounds to me like you're relaying evidence that the vaccines have not done a good job of protecting your staff from COVID.  That's not good news.  Maybe it's time for your doctors to learn that prevention, however important, is merely a single aspect of medicine? "

"my doctors" are trying to save lives. Just like the nurses. We took the vaccine in the hopes we could be protected. For a time we were. But now it's a fu*king fire burning the forest down. Myself and my family will be fine, because I'm in healthcare, but the rest of you are fu*ked. I can get a bed if I need to, you jerks are going to stand in line. Why do none of you see this?

Should firefighters come to your house to put the fire out, or just concern themselves with their own homes?

How would you feel if the farmers and grocery store clerks decided to stop selling food to people with your attitude towards other people?

I'm guessing you'll have an entirely different outlook on life after missing a week's worth of meals.  Maybe you'll develop some improved social skills along the way.  Stranger things have happened.

clark wrote:

"This is nothing like coercion used to evacuate people from a burning building.  We know with 100% certainty that 100% of the people who remain in a burning building will die there.  We know from historical evidence that 97% of COVID victims survive their ordeal while the other 3% who die generally fall into a category of people who are either so compromised by other illnesses or so old that almost any serious illness would kill them.  We're coercing 97% of people to act in a way that might save the other 3%, or it might not, because anybody who claims they know what will happen 10 years from now to those who are vaccinated versus unvaccinated is a big fat liar."

So 3%, of 300 million, being 9 million, we should just say what the fuc* whatever?

You mean admit to reality?

To wit, people like Dr Fauci who have MDs behind their name should learn to accept that viruses are not play toys, and that either satisfying their child-like curiosity or simply making another dollar, could easily result in millions of needless deaths, just as it already has?

Nah, just keep deluding yourself.  I can see how well that's worked out.

clark wrote:

"The real question is whether or not governments have the power to coerce people into participating in a pharmaceutical company's medical experiment with a vaccine after another company created a designer virus in a lab and then released it into the wild due to negligence.  I voluntarily participated in the vaccination experiment because of China's designer virus experiment, which I was involuntarily subjected to.  I can understand if others don't want to participate, but I still think it's foolish not to take the vaccine after a lab engineered super virus has been spread into the wild by a bunch of filthy communists.  Are scientists allowed to set occupied buildings on fire so that their peers are then allowed to test new fire retardant agents to put out Screaming Alphas?  That seems like an egregiously bad idea to me, although I never claim to be an expert."

The real question is what level of lizard people you should be followed under.

I don't think you were ever taught a constructive way to respond to problems you think are insurmountable.  I can tell you with certainty that lashing out at other people won't solve any of your problems.  It may seem cathartic for awhile, but it's not helping you and it never will.

#115 2022-01-02 12:09:41

Oldfart1939

OK, guys-
Here's my final "take" on vaccines and their usefulness in society:

I didn't take the vaccine, even though it was widely available and recommended for my particular age group and for those with previous heart ailments. I subsequently contracted the "COVID-19" disease and was hospitalized for 4 nights, never on a ventilator.

I have attended various medical and veterinary conferences and discussed the efficacy of vaccination utilization with professionals who regarded me as a peer. The consensus was that vaccinations seem to generally be 35 % effective in prevention of diseases--other than Jenner's original Smallpox vaccines which seem to have wiped out the disease.

After sufficient time after asking my efficacy question had elapsed--I also asked about the relative "natural immunity" to diseases, and the response was always "around 25-35%" of a given population, and varying slightly from disease to disease.

I would normally point out afterwards over evening drinks that in my estimation, vaccines were a placebo for the masses. I then used the numbers discussed earlier as my basis for my conclusions.

I don't want the "jab," and neither does anyone who regards injecting a potential toxic material into their perfectly healthy body as a bad idea.

I strongly oppose these Draconian measures as being carried out by the totalitarian members of Government.

#116 2022-01-02 12:20:22

SpaceNut
Administrator

edit
It would appear that you caught the A variant and not the more deadly D variant.

So in light of that one would say that no childhood immunization is desired or needed to achieve keeping our young from disease since they are such a sugar pill effects compared to natural.

#117 2022-01-02 15:31:17

Calliban

SpaceNut wrote:

edit
It would appear that you caught the A variant and not the more deadly D variant.

So in light of that one would say that no childhood immunization is desired or needed to achieve keeping our young from disease since they are such a sugar pill effects compared to natural.

Space Nut, there are risks from the disease(s) and there are risks from the vaccine(s).  Taking the vaccine reduces the risk of catching and dying from the disease (Event A) but produces an inflammatory response in the body that may result in cardiovascular damage (Event B) which may shorten your life.  If the loss of life expectancy from Event B is less than the loss of life expectancy from Event A, then at a population level taking the vaccine makes sense.  And our leaders are interested in the averages that apply at the population level.  In real life, there are herd immunity effects that mean that a certain percentage of the population must be vaccinated for it to work at all.  An added incentive for leaders to want to push this on people.

But here is the problem.  That balance of risks against benefits will never be the same for all people.  In the particular case of the corona virus, the loss of life expectancy from damage induced by the vaccine, may outweigh the loss of life expectancy associated with being at risk from the virus, in a very large fraction of the target population, maybe even the majority.  This means that for many or most people, the vaccine is doing them net harm.  This is because: (1) Mortality from corona virus is heavily skewed towards specific population subsets; (2) The vaccine requires injecting spike proteins which trigger an inflammatory immune response damaging tissues throughout the body; (3) The efficacy of the vaccine requires frequent injections, with regular exposure to the inflammatory compound.  Whilst TB and polio vaccines can be applied once and protect a child for life, corona virus vaccines are applied constantly.  And TB and polio are both crippling diseases that result in high mortality in young adults and children.  It is much easier to foresee a positive risk-benefit ratio for vaccination against these diseases.

There are a number of issues here.  The inflammatory load on the body will be greater for mRNA vaccines than for other types of vaccine, because we are relying on triggering production of antibodies.  This immunity declines rapidly after the event that triggers it.  Hence the need for continuous boosters.  The vaccine will always reduce risk of dying from corona virus, for everyone that takes it.  But it will also lead to other tissue damage within their bodies, which may increase their risk of dying in other ways and reduce their life expectancy.  The ethical problem here is that for many or even most people, the damage done by the vaccine outweighs its benefits.  But they are being forced to take it anyway, even if they don't want it.

The people that are doing this to us have a history of railroading decisions over little people, because they believe that collective security and homogeneity, is more important than individual freedom.  They probably don't understand the full subtleties of the problem as I have described it.  But they don't care.  They are control freaks who resent having their authority challenged and have no respect for individual choice or freedom.

This would be bad enough on its own and it is why so many people hate socialists.  But to add insult to injury (literally in this case) the people in power are pushing this on everyone, out of obstinacy and bloody mindedness towards people that they have identified as their political enemies (individualist, right leaning, Republican types).  Biden and Co (and their European counterparts) are pushing this on the people with legal sanctions, at least partially as an act of spite towards people that they consider to be their political enemies.  The risk benefits of the vaccine, even if they were positive for everyone, is nowhere near good enough to justify the level of coercion that is being applied to force this solution onto the public.  It is being done by powerful socialists who are impatient and dismissive of little people applying individual choice, precisely because they don't value such choice and see it as an obstacle in their way.  Now throw into the mix the fact that many politicians have shares in pharmaceutical companies and will be offered well paid positions on company boards in return for their patronage.  They have vested interests in inflating this crisis and pushing forced vaccination as much as possible.  It has become far too profitable for these people to ever want to let it go.

These facts, taken together, show the vaccine mandates and coercion to be highly unethical.  This is not being done out of some mistaken intention to protect us.  These people have never even attempted to back up their actions with an honest cost-benefit analysis.  It is the spite of powerful controlling people, directed against little people for the sake of dominating them and forcing them against their will.  This is why people end up hating socialists.  They are never really interested in anyone's well being.  They just want control and are peevish and cruel towards anyone that doesn't give unconditional consent.

Last edited by Calliban (2022-01-02 16:09:41)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#118 2022-01-02 17:57:23

SpaceNut
Administrator

With no vaccines then the number of death was 3 percent with no vaccines and d variant being 5x more infectious gives a huge balloon as shown since the number of people that had the shots were quite small
59927662_7.png

march a variant grew only slightly the following year while the d varaint is still growing.

This shows the difference when the shots came online for the a variant

_122220998_optimised-us_cases_deaths14dec-nc.png

Our Relationship With COVID Vaccines Is Just Getting Started; We probably will need additional shots. But just how many depends on our immune systems, the virus, and how often they collide.

#119 2022-01-04 04:27:23

Calliban

This report draws on data from a major health insurance company
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/what- … ry-failure

The death rate amongst 10-64 years old people, is running 40% higher than it was before the pandemic.  This is an enormous and unprecedented increase - greater than the death rate associated with a major war.

What is more, most of these deaths are not COVID deaths.  The implication is that the increase in death rate can be attributed to other factors: (1) To the lifestyle changes forced by lockdowns; (2) Due to the toxicity of the vaccine on the human body (3) Long term damage inflicted by COVID, leading to death some time after recovery.

The report does not provide enough information to determine which of these factors is most significant.  But I think it is fair to say that the efforts of authorities to manage the COVID crisis have been a spectacular failure.

This link suggests a large increase in myocarditis is occurring in young, vaccinated people.
https://dailyexpose.uk/2022/01/03/cdc-h … accinated/

This article details the results of monitoring of protein markers for cardiac inflammation.
https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/vac … new-study/

In all patients receiving mRNA vaccines, there was a large increase in concentration of inflammatory markers.  The implications are that the cardiac inflammation resulting from vaccines are responsible for increased rates of heart attacks and strokes in vaccinated patients.

Last edited by Calliban (2022-01-04 05:01:29)

#120 2022-01-04 15:13:15

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

Stop confusing the religious faithful with all those numbers.  Numbers don't mean anything to people who can't count.  It's all about their fears and dogmatic religious beliefs.  We are sacrificing young and healthy people in order to "save" the old and sick, while also failing to do that.  If everyone is old or sick, then they're all equal.  The anti-humanists want "equal outcomes for everyone".  Why?  They're psychotic.  How much more obvious could that possibly be?  All forms of organized religion substitute "group think" for rational decision making.

Anti-Humanist Religious Cult Member:
"You're going to kill grandma and grandpa by not wearing your mask!  You're a super spreader!  Don't you believe in science!?  I'm going to take my mask off and spit in your face to let you know what I think of you!  I hope you die!"

Uncommon Sense Joe Blow:
"No, a bunch of medical doctors / virologists, funded by the American and Chinese governments, who accidentally released a bio-engineered airborne super virus that they created in their quest for science, is what killed your grandparents.  Say thank you to Dr Fauci for using your tax dollars to kill them.  You said you believe in science, remember?  Well, that little gift was given to you by science.  No everyone has to live with it, or not.  Stop blaming the rest of us for trying to live our lives while the science of mass murder pretends to help people.

(wipes science believer Karen's spit from his eye)

Thanks, I needed another reminder of how much you science believers care about other people."

I wish that scene was only a tasteless satire of the situation we find ourselves in, but that exact kind of event keeps playing out, day after day.

An old man tries to eat his meal on an airplane, which he can't do while wearing his mask, so a former NFL cheerleader of all people walks up to him, starts screaming at him for not wearing his mask while he's eating, spits in his face, and wouldn't stop hitting him so they have to get the FBI to arrest her and take her to jail while the stewardesses and passengers restrain her.  The reaction to COVID has been mass psychosis on the part of the terrorized, which mass media helped to foment instead of encouraging people to remain calm and follow the instructions of the authorities, so they then go on to terrorize other people.  It's a vicious cycle of fear and anger by people who, while possibly never rational to begin with, are now far less rational than they were before.  I don't think that woman needs to go to prison, but she needs a psych evaluation.  The old man was visibly upset, though still remarkably calm, and never moved from his seat.  The longer you live, the more perspective you have on life in general.

I think everyone needs to take a big step back, think about everything that's happened and that they've done out of fear, and then maybe they will have some perspective on the relative merit of their fears versus the objective results.  Fear alone doesn't protect you.  Lashing out certainly doesn't protect anyone.

#121 2022-01-04 19:27:42

SpaceNut
Administrator

Quite sad California Deputy DA Who Fought Vaccine Mandate Dies Abruptly After Falling Ill With COVID at Age 46

Dec. 4.

“There’s nothing that matters more than our freedoms right now,” she was quoted telling the crowd during the rally at Irvine City Hall.

Crypto Meme Twin Brothers, 72, Die Days Apart From COVID-19

Parisian hospital, where both Grichka and Igor Bogdanoff had been admitted on the same day last month after contracting COVID-19. Grichka, the younger twin, died in the intensive care unit on Dec. 28. Igor followed him on Monday. Both were 72.

A source close to the brothers told French outlet Le Monde that neither had been vaccinated against the virus.

I have been thinking about the long haulers and here is why they get better for a while until reinfected Virus leaves antibodies that may attack healthy tissues; B cell antibodies weakened, not defeated by Omicron

Among 177 healthcare workers who had recovered from confirmed coronavirus infections contracted before the availability of vaccines, all had persistent autoantibodies, including ones that can cause chronic inflammation and injury of the joints, skin and nervous system. "We would not normally expect to see such a diverse array of autoantibodies elevated in these individuals or stay elevated for as long six months after full clinical recovery,

Something that a few of us have been saying which is not what the public is hearing.

People might mistakenly think the COVID-19 vaccines will completely block infection, but the shots are mainly designed to prevent severe illness, says Louis Mansky, a virus researcher at the University of Minnesota.

Why are so many vaccinated people getting COVID-19 lately?

Advice for staying safe hasn't changed. Doctors say to wear masks indoors, avoid crowds and get vaccinated and boosted. Even though the shots won’t always keep you from catching the virus, they'll make it much more likely you stay alive and out of the hospital.

#122 2022-01-04 19:48:50

kbd512
Administrator

Father of Miami-Dade County mayor dies from COVID-19 despite being fully vaccinated

There's no mention in the article about the fact that they're Democrats, unlike your article about the DA from California being a Republican.

I wonder why that is?

I'm sure it's just a cosmic coincidence.

#123 2022-01-05 19:36:38

SpaceNut
Administrator

“If we can produce vaccines that drastically decrease the transmission and severity of COVID-19, we surely are capable of ending the pandemic.” And yet, we have so far been unable to do so, largely because people simply refuse to be vaccinated.

This post examines a growing COVID-19 vaccine gap in Red and Blue America, with the share of the population that have been fully vaccinated. Party affiliation or voting patterns are an obvious choice. Throughout the pandemic, Republican governors have been less likely than their Democratic counterparts to support public-health measures, such as mask mandates. Not surprisingly, Republican voters (45%) are less likely than independents (58%) and Democrats (73%) to accept vaccines. In counties where then-President Donald Trump won by a margin of 50 percentage points or more in the 2020 election, the vaccination rate was below 25%, as of April. According to Gallup, 40% of Republicans “don't plan” to get vaccinated, versus 26% of Independents and just 3% of Democrats.
It does appear that Political affiliation may have played a role in people's pandemic behaviors and consequently influenced subsequent death rates.

vaccine-divide-NTY-1a.jpg

vaccine-divide-NTY-1b2.jpg

https://fox59.com/news/national-world/g … than-ever/
Deadly partisan divide: Gap between COVID deaths in red vs. blue counties larger than ever

#124 2022-01-05 21:01:41

louis

Oh dear. You're admitting you've lost the argument then, coming out with this BS?

SpaceNut wrote:

“If we can produce vaccines that drastically decrease the transmission and severity of COVID-19, we surely are capable of ending the pandemic.” And yet, we have so far been unable to do so, largely because people simply refuse to be vaccinated.

This post examines a growing COVID-19 vaccine gap in Red and Blue America, with the share of the population that have been fully vaccinated. Party affiliation or voting patterns are an obvious choice. Throughout the pandemic, Republican governors have been less likely than their Democratic counterparts to support public-health measures, such as mask mandates. Not surprisingly, Republican voters (45%) are less likely than independents (58%) and Democrats (73%) to accept vaccines. In counties where then-President Donald Trump won by a margin of 50 percentage points or more in the 2020 election, the vaccination rate was below 25%, as of April. According to Gallup, 40% of Republicans “don't plan” to get vaccinated, versus 26% of Independents and just 3% of Democrats.
It does appear that Political affiliation may have played a role in people's pandemic behaviors and consequently influenced subsequent death rates.

https://images.seattletimes.com/wp-cont … NTY-1a.jpg

https://images.seattletimes.com/wp-cont … TY-1b2.jpg

https://fox59.com/news/national-world/g … than-ever/
Deadly partisan divide: Gap between COVID deaths in red vs. blue counties larger than ever

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#125 2022-01-06 07:30:37

Calliban

Space Nut, red states are largely rural and tend to have a higher average age than blue states which have a higher percentage of urban voters.  That has a very strong impact on mortality rate for any infection, including corona virus.  If you correct for age distribution of deaths, the results may look completely different.  Blue state voters are also likely to be what are politely referred to as 'ethnic minorities'.  They have a higher death rate to this virus.  Do you have data that corrects for age and other demographics?

Last edited by Calliban (2022-01-06 07:34:35)

Board footer