New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#876 2021-07-26 20:12:13

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

DOJ says federal law doesn’t bar businesses, agencies from mandating Covid vaccines that businesses weren’t prohibited from requiring vaccines under emergency use authorization by section 564 of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

Department of Veterans Affairs became the first federal agency to mandate inoculations for some of its employees. Roughly 115,000 employees will fall under the VA’s mandate, according to the New York Times, which first reported the decision.

More of the workers being required California and New York City announced the mandates for public workers, their employees

Over 50 major health care organizations call for mandating for U.S. health care workers.

The we have the long haulers that need lots of help in recovery and in protection since its going to be a period that will make it such that you can no longer work.
Long Covid: Biden says some qualify for federal disability

edit
more companies are making the vaccines a mandate
Disney and Walmart mandate employees to be vaccinated as covid-19 cases spike nationwide

#877 2021-07-28 19:16:00

SpaceNut
Administrator

For those that do not want to listen to the CDC guidance please ignore as New CDC guidelines set off rush to reimpose mask mandates across the US

Yelling, Throwing, Tweeting: The Day Masks Returned to Congress The Senate, however, never had a mask mandate in place, though many senators chose to wear masks inside anyway. The Constitution explicitly allows each chamber of Congress to write its own rules...

I can hear the anti maskers yelling Defense Department Now Requires Masks Indoors, Regardless of Vaccination Status

edit
going back to requiring mask

Walmart mandates masks for all workers in some areas

#878 2021-07-30 20:42:58

SpaceNut
Administrator

Not just the D strain to be concerned with any more as B.1.621: New Covid variant detected in Florida

The chances of the covid becoming more than the typical virus which will become less deadly with time is looking to be still picking up its pace of mutations A Resistant SARS-CoV-2 Variant Could Emerge Any Time. Here's What Raises The Risk

so was the virus dormant or is someone a carrier onboard?  Six Passengers Aboard Royal Caribbean's Cruise Test Positive

#879 2021-07-31 12:59:44

SpaceNut
Administrator

As I thought you are asymptomatic vaccinated for covid and you are now when sick a carrier of the virus to others just like those which had no idea they had covid....
Vaccinated People May Spread the Virus, Though Rarely, C.D.C. Reports

#881 2021-08-07 17:27:29

SpaceNut
Administrator

The covid vaccines were developed to fight the first variant but with the letter D it was said that it would work but all that its done is keep those which get it whom have been vaccinated but get sick seem to be kept from dieing.

The new wave of the virus L is not having the same effect. Vaccine-resistant lambda variant is in the US

#882 2021-08-08 20:20:10

SpaceNut
Administrator

Was surprised to see  this headline Austin, Texas, activated its emergency alert system to warn the public of a "severely worsening COVID-19 situation" as area hospitalizations continue to surge.

According the Texas Department of Health, there are over 3,400 active cases of COVID-19 in Travis County, where Austin is located. The county returned to Stage 5 COVID-19 restrictions last week, meaning fully vaccinated individuals should wear a mask and those at high-risk with underlying conditions should avoid large gatherings where masks are not required.

#883 2021-08-14 11:29:35

SpaceNut
Administrator

#884 2021-08-14 16:55:37

louis

Doesn't explain the features in the virus that are consistent with "gain of function". WHO are bought and paid for by the CCP regime. We can safely ignore all their pronouncements.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#885 2021-08-14 16:57:30

louis

I wouldn't trust anything that came out of Austin.

SpaceNut wrote:

Was surprised to see  this headline Austin, Texas, activated its emergency alert system to warn the public of a "severely worsening COVID-19 situation" as area hospitalizations continue to surge.

According the Texas Department of Health, there are over 3,400 active cases of COVID-19 in Travis County, where Austin is located. The county returned to Stage 5 COVID-19 restrictions last week, meaning fully vaccinated individuals should wear a mask and those at high-risk with underlying conditions should avoid large gatherings where masks are not required.

#886 2021-08-16 12:51:34

Void

I guess this fits with the previous post. 

I have it in Chat/Peter Zeihan again.

At least I myself sort of trust this source.  I like to have a notion of what is likely to come.  It does not look too bad in this opinion.

I generally like to map my future with the best information I can get, particularly for
important things.

I suppose I will trust this until I find new better information.

There is an interesting video here from Peter Zeihan, about Covid-19, delta variant, and the world.
https://t.co/LDW8UxeCfp?amp=1

Sounds like North America might get fairly strait in about 6 months, and I presume likely parts of Europe/UK.

He seems to be of the opinion that masks and tests will not be enough to restrain the delta variant.  Only effective vaccienes.

Done.

Done

Done.

#887 2021-08-16 14:45:21

GW Johnson
Website

Well,  science and history tell us that the best tool is the vaccine by far,  followed by the mask/distancing/hand-washing regimen.  Business shutdowns are not really needed,  unless they cannot make use of those tools that work. 

Them's just the facts.  They trump all false belief systems,  such as the conspiracy theories still being spread by the far right. Live with it.  Or die with your false beliefs.

This surge would not have become the surge it is,  had the US mandated the vaccine.  We might even have dispensed with mask/distance/hand-washing mandates,  if everybody possible had been vaccinated,  but with age restrictions on children under 12 years,  myself,  I'd mandate the mask/distance/hand-wash for K-12 schools,  so it couldn't circulate and spread from there.

This threat will continue;  there will be surge after surge,  for years to come,  or until we somehow manage to vaccinate everyone possible in all 7 billion of us.  The longer we let this go on,  the more likely becomes a variant that the vaccine won't stop,  leaving us only with mask/distance/hand-wash again.  Until another set of vaccines becomes available. 

And when I say "everyone possible",  the only exceptions I would allow are the ones a medical doctor certifies cannot take it.  That worked with the vaccines for smallpox,  whooping cough,  and yellow fever.  History tells you to do it that way.

And don't give me any nonsense about temporary public health measures being an unconstitutional infringement on personal liberty.  That's utter bullshit.  The Supreme Court has already ruled on that,  some years ago.  Public figures responsible for public health can mandate these measures whenever warranted. 

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2021-08-16 14:47:14)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#888 2021-08-16 19:24:39

SpaceNut
Administrator

The use of ventilation equipment to kill the virus is also another tool thats not been implemented.

No trials have been performed on lesser amounts of the vaccines over longer periods of time to be given to the young.

Those same public figures can also counter the mandates by saying they will have no mandates and that means you are not able to make use of you rights for fear of retribution by those that believe.....

#889 2021-08-19 19:29:30

SpaceNut
Administrator

The virus D variant has been quick at work to fill many a bed with long term infected patients.
That means many beds are filled with no where for those that are becoming infect to be placed to get care.
News has indicated that those states will no or very low empty beds in the ICU's are in no particular order just to name a few:
Tennessee
Florida
Arkansas
Texas
Alabama
Of course again field hospitals are springing up to take care of that excess flow …

#890 2021-08-21 08:45:45

SpaceNut
Administrator

For those that have been saying not until its approved
FDA approval for Pfizer Covid vaccine could come Monday

#891 2021-08-21 08:48:46

louis

How can they approve one of the worst ever performing vaccines with 100x the number of adverse reactions compared with run of the mill vaccines?

SpaceNut wrote:

For those that have been saying not until its approved
FDA approval for Pfizer Covid vaccine could come Monday

#892 2021-08-21 09:07:12

GW Johnson
Website

Your "facts" are not facts,  Louis.  Look around,  not at social media.  Social media makes its money feeding you what you want to hear,  not what you need to hear. 

The emergency rooms are filling up with unvaccinated people who are deathly ill.  There are "breakthrough" infections of the vaccinated,  yes,  but not very many,  and they don't get very sick,  if at all.  The vaccines for Covid-19 work just fine. 

And none of the hospitals saying their ER's are overwhelmed are saying anything about people dying of side effects.  That's just right wing lies trying to further the chaos for political gain.  Which I personally consider to be a form of domestic terrorism.

I realize you are in the UK,  while what I see going on around me is in the USA.  But the truth is,  the Pfizer,  Moderna,  and J&J vaccines work just fine here in the USA.  The side effects are mild,  especially compared to the severe disease they prevent.   

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2021-08-21 18:50:02)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#893 2021-08-22 18:20:18

SpaceNut
Administrator

Israel finds COVID-19 vaccine booster significantly lowers infection risk

A third jab for over 60-year-olds offered five to six times greater protection after 10 days with regard to serious illness and hospitalization.

#894 2021-08-24 19:43:41

SpaceNut
Administrator

#895 2021-08-27 10:14:13

SpaceNut
Administrator

It appears that the US has stopped covid testing to determine what variant is striking an area and the season still in full onslaught as hospitals are still filling up to capacity there is another wave still yet to come of an even more infection one
A COVID-19 variant ‘more infectious than the delta variant’ will hit U.S. in 2-4 months, former CDC director predicts

No we should not panic and at most get what vaccine you can but use the tried and tested means of mask, washing often and keeping distance is what can be done.

Are we becoming numb to death regardless of age?

#896 2021-08-27 20:48:03

SpaceNut
Administrator

The Delta variant doubled the risk of hospitalization compared to the formerly-dominant Alpha variant. About 74% of people in the UK-based study were unvaccinated, and few were fully vaccinated.

Two vaccine doses still provide strong protection against the Delta variant – which was first identified in India – but it may be at a lower level compared with the Alpha variant, the early evidence suggests.

#897 2021-08-28 06:46:11

louis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti … gests.html

Research in Israel shows that unvaccinated people are 13 times less likely to get reinfected with the Delta variant than are vaccinated people.

Once again the lies about the "protective" benefits of vaccination are being exposed.

Other research shows vaccinated people are carrying around huge viral loads in their nasal cavities when infected with Covid, thus increasing transmissibility to the whole community. They are essentially now asymptomatic superspreaders.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defe … o-workers/

Vaccinated people think their selfish behaviour is virtuous when in fact they are putting everyone at risk and increasing their own chances of reinfection with dangerous new variants. The new variants are getting a grip because whole population programmes for respiratory viruses are great enablers for viral variants.

#898 2021-08-28 07:27:04

GW Johnson
Website

Try looking in a real science journal instead of rags and services that make their profit by feeding you want you want to hear,  not what you need to hear,  and totally without regard as to its truth content.

Citation is not proof.  Proof lies in science.

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2021-08-28 07:27:48)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

#899 2021-09-04 08:07:42

SpaceNut
Administrator

Vaccines are for the A variant and while some protection is for the D its only a lessening of chances. The lambda variant would seem to be even less effective and now we have another to look out for in COVID-19: New Mu variant could be more vaccine-resistant
The Mu variant, or technically B.1.621, first appeared in Columbia in January

Alpha Variant
Also known as B.1.1.7, the alpha variant was first identified in the United Kingdom and quickly spread to the most prevalent variant in the US, before the delta variant took hold.

Beta Variant
Also known as B.1.315, the beta variant was first identified in South Africa.

Delta Variant
Also known as B.1.617.2, the delta variant was first identified in India and is now the responsible for most COVID cases in the U.S.

According to WHO, variants of interest include Eta, Iota, Kappa, Lambda and, most recently Mu.

Eta Variant

First identified in the United Kingdom and Nigeria, the Eta variant is being monitored for its potential to reduce the effectiveness of some monoclonal antibody treatments, according to the CDC. So far, cases have not been identified in the U.S.

Iota Variant

The Iota variant was first identified in New York. It is being watched for "reduced susceptibility to the combination of bamlanivimab and etesevimab monoclonal antibody treatment," though it's not clear what impact that would have as alternative monoclonal antibody treatments are available.

Lambda Variant
The lambda variant is not listed as a variant of interest by the CDC, but it is listed by WHO.

Mu

Most recently, Mu — also known by scientists as B.1.621 — was added to the WHO's list of variants "of interest," the international health organization said in its weekly COVID epidemiological report published late Tuesday.

Other Variants

Other variants of interest identified by the CDC include: B.1.617.3, first identified in India and B.1.429 and B.1.427, both identified out of California.

#900 2021-09-05 20:26:48

SpaceNut
Administrator

There are just some things that you just can not make up as A man urinated on the counter of a Dairy Queen restaurant in Canada after being asked to wear a mask, reports say

Then there is the political side of no mask mandates and no forced vaccines that are now subjecting those that are to educate our children into a situation that is followed by A 30-year teaching veteran was one of 15 Miami-Dade County public school staff members who died of COVID-19 in just 10 days as Florida continues to reel amid the continuing, overwhelming toll of an unfettered pandemic.

Board footer