New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2021-07-28 12:33:23

tahanson43206

Personnel - Human Resources - Crew Status

For SpaceNut .... searches for all the key words for this new topic turned up empty.

This new topic is available for everyone to report situations you would like to share.

It is also available for messages that might seem appropriate depending upon the circumstances.

I'll lead off with a report from Oldfart1939, and with another from GW Johnson.

(th)

#2 2021-07-28 12:34:01

tahanson43206

Re: Personnel - Human Resources - Crew Status

Oldfart1939 out of the hospital ...

Oldfart1939 wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not well at the moment; recovering from a bout with Covid-19. Just released from the hospital last night.

Best wishes for a complete recovery!

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2021-07-28 12:36:48)

#3 2021-07-28 12:34:50

tahanson43206

GW Johnson's family will be caring for a family member who will be be in Surgery, tomorrow, July 29th, 2021.

(th)

#4 2021-08-02 17:50:49

tahanson43206

This message from RobertDyck arrived in his Large Ship topic ...

RobertDyck wrote:

I got a temporary job collecting the census. Working hours as a computer technician has greatly decreased due to pandemic. I do have an assignment for Friday August 6. Census collection was supposed to end July 31. Because the area where I live was doing so well, I was reassigned to the area across the river. That area is particularly poor, a lot of people haven't completed their census. They found I'm particularly good at this, and a number of households are outstanding, so collection for this area has been extended a week. I should get out knocking on doors again. We're getting down to the particularly stubborn individuals. I got my house roof patched, so it won't rain indoors any more. The roofer said he'll come back to re-shingle my roof. Not so urgent now that it's patched. And my yard needs attention. You don't want to know what my back yard looks like.

My mother died in March. Her funeral was out of town. Years ago she said she wanted to be buried in the family cemetery in the small town where she grew up. I'm the one who pointed that out, my brother was executor. They had a plot for our grandparents (my mother's parents) but they moved to Calgary for their senior years, were buried there. So Aunt Barbie agreed to use that plot in the family cemetery for Mom. Barbra is the only surviving sibling of my mother.

Best wishes for continued success with the census!

It sure seems (to me for sure) to be a great way to meet the neighbors.

Glad to hear the roof is patched. 

Best wishes for the strength to continue on following the loss of your Mom! Glad to hear of family support.

(th)

#5 2021-08-03 10:55:11

tahanson43206

This update is from the "Driverless Solution" topic ...

GW Johnson wrote:

As an afterthought:  my wife just got the news from her oncologist.  They got it all.  She's clean,  no signs of spread.  No need for further treatment other than a CAT scan every few years to monitor. 

She is not on pain meds from the surgery.  It will take time to recover her stamina.  But she's doing fine.

GW

Best wishes for smooth recovery for Mrs. Johnson! Thanks for the update!

(th)

#6 2021-08-03 19:12:49

SpaceNut
Administrator

Good to see our members health condition stabilizing along with there families in this very trying time....

#7 2021-08-24 10:02:19

tahanson43206

This topic is offered for members to report situations that come up.

If you (for example) are planning an extended absence, this topic is available for you to let SpaceNut know.

This topic is also available for your heirs to notify SpaceNut if your posts should be put into "Emeritus" status.

(th)

#8 2021-11-02 11:19:29

tahanson43206

Terraformer said something about writing a while back, but with so much else going on in the forum (and elsewhere) I didn't follow up...

Recently, Terraformer, kbd512 and RobertDyck have been discussing settlement on Mars, so I decided to look at the user record for Terraformer.

Terraformer offers a link to a web site that turns out to be quite different from NewMars.

https://aetherictree.tumblr.com/

(th)

Board footer