New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-02-26 23:09:52

space_psibrain

Re: Influence through the Youth

I believe the best way to influence politics is to actually speak out, and place public pressure on politicians...and that this must be done by all, including the youth of America and the world. As such, youth political awareness and activism organizations like JSA (Junior State of America) can be vitally important in getting politicians to acquiesce to the demands of the public. In this regard, I am an active member of JSA, working to, better represent the voice of the people to the Government.

JSA, the Junior State of America&, is an organization founded to promote increased political awareness among the youth of America, yet, an organization that like so many others has lost sight of its original goals that has lost its voice in the modern world.

My mission is "Rousing our Voices, Sharing our Dreams", restoring to the youth of America their voice in the affairs of this nation and in the world. It is a platform divided into two main parts, activism and expansion. The Junior State of America must refocus themselves onto political activism and awareness, so that more in this nation might be educated about what it means to be a citizen of the United States, and learn the doctrine of responsible exercise of our rights to preserve them. JSA must expand, for as of now, there are many among the youth of the nation, and even of our state, who have not had the chance to participate in the making of national policy, have not had the chance to let their voices be heard.

If we want to have an impact on the space policy of the nation, then we as a people, as a youth and a nation, must rally together and let our voice be heard!

"What you don't realize about peace, is that is cannot be achieved by yielding to an enemy. Rather, peace is something that must be fought for, and if it is necessary for a war to be fought to preserve the peace, then I would more than willingly give my life for the cause of peace."

#2 2003-07-25 18:29:43

space_psibrain

Re: Influence through the Youth

the time has come for the youth to reach out...to make a difference

"What you don't realize about peace, is that is cannot be achieved by yielding to an enemy. Rather, peace is something that must be fought for, and if it is necessary for a war to be fought to preserve the peace, then I would more than willingly give my life for the cause of peace."

Board footer