New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2017-12-03 17:34:56

louis

Mars Rover cameras - the orange filter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PevDwIENVKA

Interesting discussion of the use of filters on Mars Rover cameras, filters which provide an oddly distorted view of the Mars landscape.

Any thoughts? 

I am reassured by this that many Mars anomalies researchers are right to remove the filter effects.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#2 2020-11-30 03:10:04

Tmcom

Re: Mars Rover cameras - the orange filter...

louis wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PevDwIENVKA

Interesting discussion of the use of filters on Mars Rover cameras, filters which provide an oddly distorted view of the Mars landscape.

Any thoughts? 

I am reassured by this that many Mars anomalies researchers are right to remove the filter effects.

They don't want the masses to realize that Mars is earthlike, and the next one on its way, will be more of the same.

I have seen Curiositys ground level camera, take a shot of the ground, (or no more than a meter) but it had so much orange over it, it was like the rover was driving through a severe dust storm, (but the Mast Cam shows a clear sky).

Then NASA gives a p...weak explanation, the herd buy it, and every one is happy, except us.

We have another 13 years of this crap, so may as well get used to it.

But one day we will be proven right, instead of being shunned by lemmings, then they will be the nutters.

Board footer