New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2020-11-28 16:11:20

SpaceNut
Administrator

Mars Society "Mars University"

tahanson43206 wrote:

The focus for November 25 and 26 is Video #14:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFTbn5m … F&index=14

Mars University Panel - 23rd Annual International Mars Society Convention

This is another 1 hour video.

(th)

I came away with the mention of a 100+ survey as if they are presenting an ordinary college course education and not really trying to permute that you are the next interns of going to Mars efforts. That your education will build for mars and for the future working status in the field which you are taking your courses in. The degree is not really the focus that I would want from most students as they are investing funds for a future return in what they hopefully will enjoy working in for the career of their lifetime.

This should also be a hook for a business partnership for the budding souls to take an interest in as to create what we need for mars and even for earth use. Such things as a Sabatier reactor being perfected for safety would go along ways to bring it from a scientific build to commercial use.

Carpentry, electrical and plumbing skills could be building other analog stations, housing for communities and so much more...

#2 2020-11-28 17:19:58

tahanson43206

Re: Mars Society "Mars University"

For SpaceNut re new topic ... Thanks for creating this new topic .... it ** should ** have legs ... The folks who participate in the program will have increased their chances of being part of the wave of personnel who will be riding on RobertDyck's Large Ship, if we can (somehow) persuade enough experienced people to help to bring it to reality.

(th)

#3 2020-11-28 17:29:25

SpaceNut
Administrator

#4 2020-11-28 19:27:23

SpaceNut
Administrator

tahanson43206 wrote:

Thanks for picking up on the Mars University video and initiative ...

Let's think about how the forum might help to sustain activity that begins with Mars U programs.

This forum is part of the Mars Society tapestry ... it's (somewhat) off the beaten path right now, but might have a role to play if (a) we can figure out what that would be and (b) we can find a way to market the potential to Mars University leadership.

I'd ** really ** like to see some folks developing plots in My Hacienda.

The agricultural aspect of Mars U is particularly interesting ...

Future Mars farmers would (presumably) learn how to grow various crops on Earth before transferring to the challenges of Mars.

(th)

#5 2020-11-28 19:29:03

SpaceNut
Administrator

I agree that the agricultural should be leveraged as to how we would make us of the growth as food to the campus and for the analog sites as well since we are trying to be self sufficient in we are not able to bring every thing from home and must learn how to plan...

Board footer