New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2019-12-30 15:43:32

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Increasing use

It seems that while adding more mods has been of a great help the incoming new registrations however are mostly lurkers waiting for the chance to do harm.

As the topic suggests how can and do we get participation onto the forum site and for Mars society in general.

This is what out reach is and currently we have just the one member reaching out to others on another forum reposting with permission some fo the posting that relate to there forum. It is hoped that others will register that would want to get there voice heard and or to give help in bringing in new members with skills that compliment, those that are already present.

It would be hoped that others would do the same as part of there daily routine to connect with others, that think space is important. That what we learn from going to space is not a waste of money that we can apply what is made here on earth.

#27 2020-11-26 22:00:42

SpaceNut
Administrator

Here is another avenue for;
finding members         https://www.facebook.com/TheMarsSociety
plus for those on         https://twitter.com/themarssociety
or possibly                 https://www.instagram.com/themarssociety/
Here is the                 https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMarsSociety

edit forgot one more
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarsSociety/

#28 2020-11-27 09:50:51

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re this topic .... (and post #27)

Thanks for bringing this topic back into view ... It is short enough so I read it from the beginning, and followed the phase of recovery from the "great crash".  I appreciate the history of this and other Internet forums.

Thanks too, for links to Facebook and other sites ...

I scanned the Facebook site, and note that it appears to be active in the sense that the Mars Society is delivering short but worth-reading content on a frequent basis.  There might be a way to publish calls for specific skills there, and (?perhaps?) such appeals might be viewed favorably?

However, there ** is ** the problem we have yet to adequately face, of how to facilitate communication from outside the forum to those inside who we would like to connect to offers of help.

I don't log into Facebook much ... there's too much going on there for my limited bandwidth.

If there is someone currently in this forum who ALSO is a frequent participant in Facebook, perhaps that person might become an ambassador to help to connect volunteers with project leaders in this forum.

The specific requisition we have going is for a master chef to help RobertDyck with Large Ship logistics planning for sustaining 1066 people for two years.

The kind of person (I am imagining) who would be qualified would be someone who recently retired from a position at one of the large cruise ship lines, or perhaps a military officer retired from the logistics field planning deployments of thousands of citizens to remote locations around the world. Experience from any nation should be applicable to the Large Ship project. 

The assistance needed would be specific facts that would guide RobertDyck in sizing the supply bins on the Large ship, and anticipating equipment needs as well as personnel duty requirements.

The large Ship started out as an ambitious vision, but it has moved gradually into the realm of possibility (if a miracle occurs).  What is needed now is help to make a miracle happen, and that will occur one little miracle at a time.

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2020-11-27 09:52:42)

#29 2021-02-15 18:39:18

SpaceNut
Administrator

Have been trolling the member area of nasaspaceflight looking for usernames for the out reach stage for those which have accounts here.

Michael Bloxham

aftercolumbia

RanulfC

Hop_David

Spaniard

sanman

joshcryer

publiusr

Mark S

Marsman

ANTICarrot

#30 2023-01-14 11:01:32

SpaceNut
Administrator

I just took a look at the forums site topic directory and wow we just had the highest interst that I have seen in a while for guests

Newest registered user: PhotonBytes2023
Registered users online: 1
Guests online: 211

Board footer