New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2020-05-19 19:17:11

louis

Active posts

It seems to me as if the setting for active posts has been changed.  It used to be 24 hours I am pretty sure but now posts seem to disappear v. quickly if they don't get an instant reply.

If so, I think this will discourage people from posting original material.

If it's been done to discourage the pesky bogus posters, then I appreciate why it was done, but it may have a negative effect.

Given the time differences, I think 24 hours is reasonable.

Just checking something hasn't been changed accidentally.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#2 2020-05-19 19:42:42

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Active posts

There has been noted that other features are behaving differently as well but that means the scripts are being altered that perform the display functions.
Since that can only be done on the server I can not see anything from the Admin levels.

The last post you made was » Yesterday 14:34:10 for that 24 hr lapse of time that would not show for you in the active. It does show in the posted as that is a longer time...

Maybe the active needs to be longer.

Board footer