New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2017-10-11 12:16:33

EdwardHeisler

Register Now To Put Your Name on Mars Insight Lander! Deadline Nov 1

When it lands on Mars in November of 2018, NASA's InSight lander will be carrying several science instruments -- along with hundreds of thousands of names from members of the public.

When you register your name will be placed on a silicon microchip onboard the robotic spacecraft.   And you will receive a "boarding pass"
for the lander. 

Register at:
https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/participate/s … e/insight/

#2 2023-08-18 12:15:40

tahanson43206

Re: Register Now To Put Your Name on Mars Insight Lander! Deadline Nov 1

This topic had no replies ... I found it today when looking for topics about the Insight lander.

A relative sent a link to a report on analysis of Insight data that revealed Mars rotation is slowing down (slightly).

The topic was created in 2017, and 6 years later we have a lander who mission has officially ended, but whose data is still in active analysis.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/ … ng-faster/

JACKIE APPEL
ASSOCIATE NEWS EDITOR
Jackie is a writer and editor from Pennsylvania. She's especially fond of writing about space and physics, and loves sharing the weird wonders of the universe with anyone who wants to listen. She is supervised in her home office by her two cats.

(th)_

#3 2023-08-18 19:24:17

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Register Now To Put Your Name on Mars Insight Lander! Deadline Nov 1

we have had this in the past for other such probes, landers and rovers to which yes, I did submit my name on a few occasions.

Board footer