New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-03-26 16:27:43

Auqakah

Re: RE: 'Where have all the Muslims gone?' - ...

I noticed this link earlier on in the general discussion board on a MUX that I play on, and wondered what you all think of what is contained herein:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/angiej/60881.html

Ex Astra, Scienta

#2 2003-03-26 20:29:37

dickbill

Come on, it's a web site. it's not true.
There are propaganda in both sense: the official propaganda and the official anti official propaganda.
In those times, trust no "information" before you can see the source, the comment of the source, the pictures, the comments of the pictures and the analysis of independant experts. Even so, it can still be a big lie.

#3 2003-03-27 02:46:31

Shaun Barrett

You're right again, Dickbill!
    I suspect your politics and mine are quite different but I applaud your objectivity in this.
    Auqakah's article smells very badly of B.S. if you ask me!! (No offence intended towards him, by the way.) I believe it epitomises attempts by certain politically motivated organisations to play on the good nature of ordinary people who genuinely abhor inhumanity.
    I am simultaneously encouraged at the decency of such ordinary people (who want nothing but peace) and, at the same time, appalled at how easily they are deceived and manipulated by the scum of these far-left-wing organisations, who will sink to any depths to further their agenda.
    Those who know me well from these pages will remember I love a good conspiracy theory, but I do recognise melodramatic crap when I see it!!
                                       :laugh:

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

Board footer