New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2015-03-07 19:57:47

jburk
Executive Director
Website

The MarsNews.com Thread

Hi everyone,

MarsNews.com was founded in 1999 as a project of the Mars Society's Seattle chapter.  Over the last 16 years, it has been lovingly maintained by Dustin Green and James Burk, and has grown to hold over 7000 article abstracts+links.  The site also links to NewMars.com with its prominent "Forums" link in its header menu.

Presently we are working on a new version of the site and would like to get your input.  The core mission of the site is to be a "news index", aggregating the latest news about Mars from various sources on the web.  In addition, there are some content pages for each of the historical, present, and future missions, with links to articles about them.  A third and lesser priority is to have special features such as the Mars Weather Center and Time on Mars (both pages are not current and thus have been hidden.)

How would you improve the site?  What types of content would make you a regular visitor?

Post your thoughts here or email them to contactus@marsnews.com

Thanks,

James L. Burk
Executive Director, The Mars Society
jburk@marssociety.org
+1 (206) 601-7143

#2 2015-03-07 21:27:34

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: The MarsNews.com Thread

Thanks for reminding me of the website one to which had been a main stay prior to joining the newmars forum as I use to post on your forum until it got spammy and at that time I went searching for other space places to read and post as the project constellation site was no more as well.

I was unemployed at the time when I was reading the many articles that you linked to and found that I wanted to learn more about space, its exploration but also of its colonization as that in its self could help man here on Earth.

#3 2015-03-09 01:06:45

jburk
Executive Director
Website

For a sneak preview of the new MarsNews.com, go to this link:

http://marsnews.redplanetlabs.net

Post your comments here or by emailing contactus@marsnews.com

James L. Burk
jburk@marssociety.org
+1 (206) 601-7143

#4 2015-03-19 15:09:56

jburk
Executive Director
Website

The new MarsNews.com website has been launched!  (Version 4.0 - March 19, 2015)

http://marsnews.com/

Post your comments here or by emailing contactus@marsnews.com

James L. Burk
jburk@marssociety.org
+1 (206) 601-7143

#5 2015-03-19 18:39:39

SpaceNut
Administrator

The articles that are posted seem to have no date to reference how old they might be but I find the colors and page format easy on the eyes. The familiar archive is refreshing to see as when doing research history means everything....

#6 2015-03-19 19:42:45

jburk
Executive Director
Website

There is a date for each article in the red heading stripe just above the title of the article.

James L. Burk
jburk@marssociety.org
+1 (206) 601-7143

Board footer