New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2008-05-24 16:56:43

PeterC
Banned

Re: THE PAST MARS : Noachian & Hesperian

I created a texture of the ancient surface of Mars in the Noachian era. Here's first image, you never saw it?

Its are the planet Mars there is dated -4.100 billion years. The surface, even the northern hemisphere, is entirely very craters. In this image bellow, the crater is grayish the young giant crater Utopia (future Utopia Planitia), which was created by the large meteorite or well the planetesimals.

noachi16.jpg

noachi15.jpg

In that time, the planet is not actual red and there is probably similar to Earth just at the end of planetary formation. The ocean liquid training has not yet published, it will have in a hundred or a few tens of millions of years due to the atmosphere more dense future. The volcanoes and volcanic domes are not present either, as well as craters Hellas, Isidis and Argyre, nor polar ice caps. The planet Mars is flat all.

noachi17.jpg
The crater Huygens by exemple. At the bottom of this crater, there was not Hellas Planitia which would have hit -3.9 billion years.

The next, I will add the some lava and the clouds in this texture soon.
A+

#2 2008-05-24 18:14:01

noosfractal
Website

I created a texture of the ancient surface of Mars in the Noachian era.

Très chic.

Here's first image, you never saw it?

No - thank you for making it.

The next, I will add the some lava and the clouds in this texture soon.

I'll look forward to that.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#3 2008-05-25 01:05:22

cIclops

PeterC, thanks for sharing this with us. How do you determine the surface color and the ages and locations of these early impacts?

[color=darkred]Let's go to Mars and far beyond -  triple NASA's budget ![/color] [url=irc://freenode#space]  #space channel !! [/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/c1cl0ps]   - videos !!![/url]

#4 2008-05-25 04:11:20

PeterC
Banned

PeterC, thanks for sharing this with us. How do you determine the surface color and the ages and locations of these early impacts?

I maked the texture the actual map Mars. I changed the surface detail what removes volcanic domes, Mariner Valles, rivers, ... and what adds a lot of craters, the giant crater and a few degassing to form the atmosphere, and ... I seek for add the mines degassing in the cratere or in the crack to form the atmosphere. Then the some clouds.

#5 2008-05-25 14:16:33

louis

Lovely work Peter!

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Board footer