New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2008-04-05 18:56:38

louis

Re: The Mars Academy

There is no doubt in my mind that rich educational institutions and individuals would be willing to pay millions of dollars to have people study on Mars.

So I think an early goal for the colony would be to establish a "Mars Academy", a small educational and research institution. Two obvious disciplines would be geology and astronomy. But there might well be interest in studying the psychology of the colonisation process.

It might be the right time to do so when the colony is able to start building small domes.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#2 2008-04-06 08:28:28

Terraformer
Website

Oh no, you've just reminded me that we'll need teachers on Mars once people start to raise children there.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#3 2008-04-06 08:53:35

louis

Don't forget the nappies for chrissake!

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Board footer