New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2008-03-04 07:26:51

Zydar

Re: Phoenix landing site images

The comments of the last three posts are all correct, believe it or not!

I have checked out the image PSP_006561_2485, and when processed slightly it makes for very interesting viewing. There is a city in the image and there are lines and lines of trees and bushes.

I have found this type of phenomenon all over the temperate and sub-polar regions on the planet. Rows upon rows of structures with lines of trees in between. This could be one of their main methods in being able to produce a level of oxygen.

There is also a distribution system of large pipes feeding the structures. I assume the pipes may carry fresh air with an enhanced level of oxygen.

As for the description saying that it's covered with deep frost. This is just not true. There are many structures in the image, some small and some large. The type of buidings the martians live in are very different to the structures and dwellings on this planet.

Please do not think what I have found is madness as I can back my findings up with images. There will be a need of a 2.5 or 3x magnifying glass to see exactly what is contained in this image. Examining an image optically gives far better results than a digital enlargment of an image.

Will endeavour to post a sample image later, but you will require a magnifier to view.

Zydar

#2 2008-03-04 10:20:44

cIclops

Zydar, this is a form of madness called a delusional belief based on an hallucination.

The image shown here is digital in nature as it was transmitted from MRO in that format, viewing it with a magnifier will only create artifacts as the pixels become visible. Your perception will try to interpret those artifacts as something known, and if you try hard enough you will see anything you want. Fixate on cloud patterns or stare at a TV long enough with no signal, just a raster pattern, and see what you can see. The classic example of this were the canals on Mars reported by Schiaparelli in 1877, they disappeared once better telescopes were available. More recently the famous face on Mars also  vanished once Mars Express obtained higher resolution images of the Cydonia region.

Mars has an extraordinarily rich variety of land forms, enjoy their true beauty here in this topic. - it is far more real than any vague hallucination.

(This message and yours will be moved to this  section that is reserved for this type of discussion.)

[color=darkred]Let's go to Mars and far beyond -  triple NASA's budget ![/color] [url=irc://freenode#space]  #space channel !! [/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/c1cl0ps]   - videos !!![/url]

#3 2008-03-17 05:12:50

Zydar

To cIclops,

My research is based on the visual facts as presented in the images. The pictures of the surface terrain were taken with a professional quality high resolution camera. I can assure you the camera in question does not lie.

So, in view of this, there can be no 'dilusional belief based on an hallucination' on my part.

Whilst I would agree with you that categorical perception can take place in relation to shapes seen in clouds and land formations, this is not the case in this instance.

Zydar

#4 2008-03-17 07:44:44

Rxke

using magnifier glasses to see details on a monitor is not the way to do it.
You only magnify the hardware dots on the monitor, not the real image.

#5 2008-03-20 08:58:53

cIclops

(posted by Zydar Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:32 am and moved here)

The images posted below are cropped samples from the main high-resolution image - PSP_006561_2485_RED.NOMAP. The original image size is 6.16 MB.

The sample images relate to objects and anomalies on the surface in the proposed landing site area for the Phoenix mission, due to touch down on the Martian surface in late May 2008.

In order to see exactly what is on the terrain you will need a 100mm (4") 3x magnifying glass. 

When viewing the images, it is advisable to study a selected area intensely before moving on to another area. Both images should be viewed using optical magnification.

I have posted the images as some people on the forum seem to think that only small boulders are showing on the terrain in the landing site area.

Studying the images reveals that this is not the case. It would appear there are many structures of various shapes and sizes and also vegetation, which I suspect, are many rows of trees.

006561_2485_sample1.jpg

Here is the second image. It covers a different location taken from the same master image.

006561_2485_sample2.jpg

Image credit:  NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

I would be interested to read any comments you may wish to make of what you can see in the images.

Zydar

[color=darkred]Let's go to Mars and far beyond -  triple NASA's budget ![/color] [url=irc://freenode#space]  #space channel !! [/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/c1cl0ps]   - videos !!![/url]

#6 2008-03-20 09:00:56

cIclops

(posted by Zydar Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Phoenix unmanned mission - Landing site area - moved here)

I'm sorry cIclops but I will not be removing this particular post to another forum as it is very much on topic.

The images I have posted refer directly to the integrity of the landing site area and directly relate to the successful touch down of the Phoenix mission.

They show the type of terrain that Phoenix will encounter on reaching the planet.

Let's see what other members can see in the images shall we.

Zydar

#7 2008-03-20 09:04:16

cIclops

Zydar, any additional postings on this subject in the Phoenix topic will simply be removed - it takes too much time to copy and paste them.

#8 2008-03-20 13:15:57

Zydar

There is something members of this forum should realise. Two missions have been sent to Mars, namely Polar Lander and Beagle 2. Both have failed in the final stages of touchdown and, both cost millions of dollars.

I trust the Phoenix mission controllers have done their homework by looking into the images of the proposed landing site to make sure that no obstructions are on the surface which could hamper a safe landing.

Looking into the very fine detail in these images it would appear that there are many surface obstructions and the same type of obstructions can be seen all over the full image.

The two images above show exactly what is on the surface, but you will need a strong magnifying glass to view.

I do not believe anyone could obtain a better result than what you see here. If you look carefully into the images you will see that there are many shapes that appear to be structures which are surrounded by vegetation.

Zydar

#9 2008-03-23 07:28:14

Zydar

As there are some members who appear skeptical of exactly what is on the surface at the proposed landing site for the Phoenix mission, I have posted another image.

This image is a crop from the left hand side of the main image - PSP_006561_2485_RED.NOMAP

PSP_006561_2485_RED_NOMAP_LHS_secti.jpg

Image credit:  NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

I believe the quality of this image is remarkable. I have processed the image slightly to bring out and show the surface features which cannot be seen in the raw image.

As with the other two images a powerful magnifying glass (3x+) will be required to view the detail.

Zydar

#10 2008-03-24 11:48:54

Terraformer
Website

If Mars was habitable and/or had intelligent life, the implications and benefits to humanity (and thus America and Europe) would be huge, so I don't think they'd cover up such a thing.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#11 2008-03-26 07:28:09

Zydar

As I am concerned at what is showing up in the above PSP images I have written to the University of Arizona HiRise Operations Centre to ask them to examine the main image in detail.

It will be interesting to note any reply they may wish to make and also whether the location of the proposed landing site is changed.

Zydar

#12 2008-03-26 13:35:39

cIclops

The white rings seem to be frost filled fractures of an old crater. The white patch appears to be a larger area of frost, probably CO2.

If possible please copy their reply here.

#13 2008-03-30 09:06:54

zhar2

OMG, zydar, thats a crazy theory.

There are no martians, plus i cant see anything that resembles vegetation or buildings in any of those pictures.

#14 2008-03-30 09:29:03

Zydar

To cIclops,

Have you looked into the above images with a very strong optical magnifying glass?

If you look closely you will see that the white rings are structures that are bordered by rows of vegetation. Plenty of vegetation is evident in the image.

The white patch is a large structure when compared to the other structures in the image. This structure would appear to be constructed of a very bright building material which is used on structures in the same image - namely the buildings in the white rings. Also, other structures in the image would appear to have used this material used on them.

This bright material is also evident in images taken at other locations of the planet.

I can find no evidence of frost cover in the above images.

The polygonal forms seen on the terrain would appear to be inter-connected buildings that are seen as humps on the terrain.

The dark patches under each of the the humps would appear to be a large dark-tinted window. This type of window probably ensures good thermal characteristics and provides a degree of ultra-violet filtration.  Again, this type of 'hump and patch' construction can be seen in images taken at other parts of the planet.

Zydar

#15 2008-03-30 14:33:54

noosfractal
Website

Um, Zydar, I can't tell if you are serious or not, but just in case ... as Rxke already mentioned, using an optical magnifier over a computer screen won't get you better resolution - it will just magnify the pixels.  Here is a magnification of an older LCD screen ...

pointerdetail.jpg

I believe that modern practice is to arrange the pixels using an hexagonal tiling.  Using an optical magnifier will let you seen polygonal patterns - but they are an artifact of the pixelation.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#16 2008-03-30 16:26:32

Zydar

Hi noosfractal,

The effect you show will not take place using an optical magnifier.

All a viewer has to do is look through a magnifier at the images displayed on this thread. What is on the terrain will be seen without any pixelization or visual distortion taking place.

The magnifier will optically enlarged the image thereby maintaining the sharpness and detail and the image will appear closer to the viewer.

Has any member looked at the images with a 4"(100mm) dia. 3x or greater magnifier? I view the images on shown on this thread on a 13.3" notebook LCD screen and a magnifier as described above. I do not use a CRT monitor.

If you have viewed the images with a magnifier, what did you spot on the surface terrain?

Zydar

#17 2008-03-30 17:03:00

noosfractal
Website

Hi Zydar,

If you are sincere, then be aware that you are suffering from a delusion.  Unfortunately, it is a boring delusion.  Please progress to something more entertaining.

If you are some sort of scammer, be aware that I will gleefully assist law enforcement authorities in prosecuting any fraud you commit.  I advise you to find some other community to infest.

Sincerely,

noosfractal.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#18 2008-03-31 05:12:00

idiom

If you can't see the LCD pixels then you basically need a more powerful magnifying glass.

Alternatively put the image on a bigger screen...

Come on to the Future

#19 2008-03-31 13:50:03

Zydar

To noosfractal,

Yes, I am very sincere. I am a visual reseacher and investigator of the images relayed to Earth by the various orbitors. I take my research very seriously and I am definitely not suffering from any delusions about what is to be found in the images I have posted.

To idiom,

We are not looking to see LCD pixels. All that is required to view the images on this thread is a 4" - 3x or greater magnifying glass.

To all,

Take a look at the last image. You do not require a magnifying glass to see the large white structure in the lower part of the image. It would appear to be a very large building with a tower of some description that dominates the surrounding landscape.

Zydar

#20 2008-03-31 14:08:14

zhar2

God, give it a rest, theres nothing there.

#21 2008-04-01 05:30:12

Zydar

To zhar2

If you cannot see a large bright white structure in the last image posted without any optical magnification, then all I can say is that you have to be in a state of denial.

The object is definitely a large building of some description and not a frost patch. In fact, I can find no evidence of frost intrusion on the full image.

Whether or not there is a civilization resident at the landing site location may possibly be determined when Phoenix touches down in May. I am sure that in the future it will be positively determined, one way or the other, if there are any intelligent beings currently living on the planet.

Zydar

#22 2008-04-01 14:30:35

JoshNH4H
Website

We've generally given up telling him that, Zhar2.  Not because we agree, but because he never listens.  I would like to point out to him, once again, however, that there is NOTHING there.

-Josh

#23 2008-04-02 10:35:01

Zydar

As I have said before, I am a visual researcher and investigator and take my research very seriously.

OK, so the majority of people posting on this forum say there is nothing in the images. I reserve my right to disagree, but time will tell whether I am correct or not.

I have pointed out that the large white patch in the image above is a very large structure that dominates the surrounding terrain. The height of the tower attached to the structure is approx. 20 pixels high which, at a scaling of 25cm per pixel, makes it 5m or 16.25 feet.

What I am saying is, if the tower of the white structure is only 5m high, the surrounding humps could well be smaller buildings or even dwellings. These small humps are between 9 and 10 pixels high, which means there could be a civilization of small people inhabiting this area who are no more than four feet tall.

Of course, I cannot validate this theory as I have never seen a Martian, and for that matter nor has anyone else, but what I have seen in some of the images I have researched is shapes that would definitely appear to be representations of people with a  human-like appearance.

In fact, in another thread, I posted an image that shows what appears to be a large statue of two figures representing a man and a woman. It is not a statue, but is part of a designed layout of structures on the surface. This interesting anomaly can be checked out as the raw image is available for downloading from the MSSS website.

Zydar

#24 2008-04-02 12:10:14

Rxke

Sigh...  roll

#25 2008-04-03 02:56:01

Zydar

I am sorry I seem to have bored some people with the findings of my visual research, but researching the images is what I am interested in. In posting some images on the forum I was hoping in doing so may have stirred and encouraged some scientific debate. It would appear to me that no one believes what they see until it is handed to them on a plate!

I believe the entry and landing sequence of the Phoenix mission will go perfectly. The crucial phase of the mission will be the last twenty feet. If a descent camera is going to be used, it will be interesting to see the images sent back as well as the images of the surface terrain.

Zydar

Board footer