New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#276 2007-11-27 09:00:58

Terraformer
Website

Re: Chinese Space Program? - What if they get there first

Give America back to the Native Americans? What about me? I'm part Native American so does that mean I'd have part of America? lol  lol  lol  lol

The difference between America and China is China is not democratic and doesn't give Tibeteans voting rights whereas America does to Native Americans.

Anyway, that's my to pence (worth as much as a Nickle lol  lol .) Back to space.

Can't really think of anything to say.

"I guarantee you that at some point, everything's going to go south on you, and you're going to say, 'This is it, this is how I end.' Now you can either accept that, or you can get to work." - Mark Watney

#277 2008-02-28 11:38:08

akinkhoo

The difference between America and China is China is not democratic and doesn't give Tibeteans voting rights whereas America does to Native Americans.

voting right is quite useless when all your options are bad.  lol there is no way George Bush Jr is doing a better job that the leaders of china. and hillary? mccain?... obama? :?

i am a chinese, i know what china need. it is call a constitution. democracy is meaningless if it doesn't protect the people. what china needs to improve is it's laws. that is what is really protecting the people. if china became a democracy, and the leader are allow to play racial card to win majority vote, you think tibetan will be better off?  roll

democracy is misunderstood as "the cure", but that is not what is really protecting people. democracy didn't save iraq, people are still fighting because they think the government is bias to the majority, and such is the reality. i don't want to see china fall apart like USSR or Iraq. i rather take the right kind of reform. that is to improve the constitution, to improve the law of governance.

it is difficult to change to individualism, china has existed like this of 5000 years. the books, the writing... the ideas... isn't just some communism crap, this is tradition: family before self, and nation before clan. it is what allow china to endure and not lose it's culture despite defeat. china of today will still accept changes and new ideas, as younger generation come to see the benefit of the system and liking it. but it not something anyone here will push for anytime soon, we have enough revolution and chaos.

peace and growth is good, disturbing it just to make a point (aka Iraq) is a bad idea.

---
btw, if half the taiwan people doesn't want seperatism... can china have half the island back?  :oops: sorry i am being evil, support democracy when it benefit... big_smile  ok, this is just a bad joke.

Do please, I joined this forum to discuss space not politics. I came here to discuss Skylab, Voyager, Shenzhou, Venera and not to discuss Donald Rumsfeld or Mao Zedong

off which can we just start a new thread? this is like 4 years ago when we are still debating if china can even get to space...  roll

#278 2008-02-28 11:47:37

cIclops

(moved this from Human Missions as it's become highly political)

Let's go to Mars and far beyond -  triple NASA's budget !   #space channel !!    - videos !!!

#279 2008-03-01 15:34:29

Terraformer
Website

Why not split it and move one into Free Chat instead?

There's an answer if you hate all the candidates: run for president yourself.

"I guarantee you that at some point, everything's going to go south on you, and you're going to say, 'This is it, this is how I end.' Now you can either accept that, or you can get to work." - Mark Watney

#280 2008-03-02 02:50:12

cIclops

Why not split it and move one into Free Chat instead?

There are a LOT of messages in this topic, it would be difficult to untangle them all. Anyway it's nearly all about the politics of Chinese involvement in space. Maybe the new version of phpBB will make it easier to do.

Let's go to Mars and far beyond -  triple NASA's budget !   #space channel !!    - videos !!!

#281 2008-03-24 02:49:31

srmeaney

i am a chinese, i know what china need. it is call a constitution. democracy is meaningless if it doesn't protect the people. what china needs to improve is it's laws. that is what is really protecting the people. if china became a democracy, and the leader are allow to play racial card to win majority vote, you think tibetan will be better off?

Democracy has become about Dispossession. The Majority (or rather the Largest most powerful Minority) are taking away everyone elses equal Share and using it for themselves even in the USA.

What you want for China is this:

"Every Act of Government, Law, Constitution, and Sovereign shall require the regular consensus of every Citizen."

Now when China Absorbed Hong Kong, it began using the Seditious Crimes Act (A Commonwealth Law on the HK Lawcode) against the Local Populace. That read:

"Sedition is any Act causing Government, Law, Constitution, and Sovereign to be held in hatred and contempt."

That means that any Act of Government, Law, Constitution, Sovereign causing Government, Law, Constitution, Sovereign to be held in hatred and contempt is a Seditious Act.

#282 2008-03-24 02:58:37

cIclops

(Please try to keep the discussion related to space, otherwise continue in Free Chat.)

#283 2008-03-29 09:24:07

louis

Regarding risk, I think we should be looking at this much more like going mountaineering than getting on a commercial airliner.

Of course, everything should be done to minimise risk within reason and no one should take a conscious gamble on a life (as happened with the O rings).

But on the other hand we have to expect that people could die on a mission to Mars and as long as people are prepared to volunteer for these hazardous missions, they should go ahead with all due speed.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#284 2008-04-04 09:52:25

Gregori

If China get there first, fair fucks too them!

They make just about everything you have, so why shouldn't they have a place in Martian history.

I don't really care who get there first, once somebody gets there. Everybody will get a bit of the Martian pie eventually.

Board footer