New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2021-04-15 10:13:41

louis

Aerial phenomena

What to make of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OTaxiBE-TQ

We could sure do with their transportation systems!

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#2 2021-04-15 12:05:45

louis

Re: Aerial phenomena

#3 2021-04-15 12:51:14

kbd512
Administrator

Louis,

Well...  I've never seen any military aircraft do some of the things these UFOs have done on camera.  Even if the propulsion and materials technology was capable of withstanding the forces involved in some of the maneuvers demonstrated, it would turn any human into jello.  If this isn't some kind of multi-spectral sensor trickery, then it's a level of technology far beyond anything I have any experience or knowledge of.

It's a real mystery. smile

#4 2021-04-15 14:05:03

louis

Indeed it is - makes you look forward to what might emerge in June of this year when the US authorities have to release the bulk of their files I believe. This may be part of the prep...

kbd512 wrote:

Louis,

Well...  I've never seen any military aircraft do some of the things these UFOs have done on camera.  Even if the propulsion and materials technology was capable of withstanding the forces involved in some of the maneuvers demonstrated, it would turn any human into jello.  If this isn't some kind of multi-spectral sensor trickery, then it's a level of technology far beyond anything I have any experience or knowledge of.

It's a real mystery. smile

#5 2021-04-15 16:03:16

Calliban

Some kind of super advanced drone aircraft perhaps?  Nothing made of meat, human or not, could survive the sort of high g's that the movement of these craft would exert.  I think we are dealing here with robots.  But are they human artifacts or non-human?  One theory that I heard floated back in the 90s was that UFOs were robotic craft built by human beings in the future and sent back in time to gather archaeological information.  It is about as plausible as any other explanation that I have heard, though admittedly far fetched.

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#6 2021-04-15 17:07:13

louis

Well it's an idea...if it was related to the quantum theory that the act of conscious observation collapses experiments, it might be the case that only non-conscious machines could time travel.

Speculation of course!

As you say, makes about as much sense as everything else...

But we seem certainly to have moved away from the days when aerial phenomena of this type could be dismissed as hallucinatory experiences.  Too much cross-confirmation by people and machines on very sophisticated naval vessels.

The photos of something entering the ocean at speed is very interesting.

Calliban wrote:

Some kind of super advanced drone aircraft perhaps?  Nothing made of meat, human or not, could survive the sort of high g's that the movement of these craft would exert.  I think we are dealing here with robots.  But are they human artifacts or non-human?  One theory that I heard floated back in the 90s was that UFOs were robotic craft built by human beings in the future and sent back in time to gather archaeological information.  It is about as plausible as any other explanation that I have heard, though admittedly far fetched.

#7 2021-04-15 17:19:29

louis

I suppose my favourite interpretation at the moment is "limited contact".

In the modern world we are careful about contact with very primitive tribes. We know that contact can be lethal both physically and culturally for such tribes and so we try to limit it.  There is a tribe in the Andaman Islands which India knows all about but basically leaves to their own devices having only very limited contact with them. India could easily move in and occupy the islands but, purely out of ethical considerations, they don't.

So, it's certainly not a crazy hypothesis that (a) these photos, videos and reports are all genuine (b)  they evidence interest in us by an ET civilisation (c) their interest particularly in our big military exercises, nuclear weapon facilities and so on, is a benevolent interest...showing concern about whether we are getting close to all out NCB war on this planet (which could be a regular pattern seen across many planets at certain historical and technological periods) and (d) they may have some ethical code where they don't intervene unless it is clear civilisation is going to be wiped out on the planet or at least seriously damaged.

The suggestion that this presence has made itself known to senior officials in major governments around the world is also not an entirely mad hypothesis.  They may wish to make it known to us that our fleets and bases will be observed by them and that we should not assume they are our Earthly enemies. But they may wish to make it known that they are here and will intervene if anyone attempts to launch all out war.

#8 2021-04-15 17:31:31

tahanson43206

For Louis ... re Post #7

In the modern world we are careful about contact with very primitive tribes. We know that contact can be lethal both physically and culturally for such tribes and so we try to limit it.  There is a tribe in the Andaman Islands which India knows all about but basically leaves to their own devices having only very limited contact with them. India could easily move in and occupy the islands but, purely out of ethical considerations, they don't.

The island you mentioned above was in the (global) news not too long ago, when a white Evangelical youth decided to row himself onto the beach of the island. The natives put the individual to death.

There were observers, but knowing the prohibitions, they kept their distance.

I like the discussion here, and particularly your consideration of a superior set of beings hinting at presence but otherwise leaving us alone.

Many science fiction writers have speculated about advanced technology civilizations keeping an eye on us.  I don't remember any that I have read who posit the sort of curious glimpses that we have been observing for many decades, perhaps centuries, and perhaps even millennia.

There's a cable TV channel that exploits interest in these ideas with far out speculation on a regular basis.  I've met at least one person who is credulous enough to tune in and absorb some of that entertainment as "real".

(th)

#9 2021-04-15 17:57:14

louis

Yes leaving the evangelist to his fate is really no different from a naturalist leaving a lion to kill a gazelle that they've seen reared from birth and have grown to know. Naturalists have an ethical belief that you shouldn't directly intervene in the workings of the ecosystem although they do believe in protecting the whole ecosystem...

I try and base my conclusions on strong evidence.  There are lots of interesting and entertaining stories about various "visitations" but only a few very well documented with cross referencing. They tend to involve military facilities.

tahanson43206 wrote:

For Louis ... re Post #7

The island you mentioned above was in the (global) news not too long ago, when a white Evangelical youth decided to row himself onto the beach of the island. The natives put the individual to death.

There were observers, but knowing the prohibitions, they kept their distance.

I like the discussion here, and particularly your consideration of a superior set of beings hinting at presence but otherwise leaving us alone.

Many science fiction writers have speculated about advanced technology civilizations keeping an eye on us.  I don't remember any that I have read who posit the sort of curious glimpses that we have been observing for many decades, perhaps centuries, and perhaps even millennia.

There's a cable TV channel that exploits interest in these ideas with far out speculation on a regular basis.  I've met at least one person who is credulous enough to tune in and absorb some of that entertainment as "real".

(th)

#10 2021-04-17 18:48:40

louis

Seems like there might be even more interesting video to come including shots of aerial phenomena from 50 feet away come June...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKsLK_Na7iw

#11 2021-04-17 18:51:39

louis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA-h3dIeD_A

This is a rather good recap of the famous tic tac sighting.

#12 2021-04-24 10:20:25

GW Johnson
Website

I've seen many UFO's during my life.  But I eventually figured out what nearly every one really was.  Sometimes it takes a long time to work that out.

I saw a large black craft fly from horizon to horizon in 10-20 seconds,  without making a sound,  above north Texas in 1962.  I understood the lack of sound at that time:  the craft was flying very high,  probably above 50,000 feet.  Sonic boom shock waves simply do not reach the ground from altitudes that high.  But the speed!  The only thing I knew could fly that fast was the X-15,  and I knew they did not fly those over Texas.

Two years later Pres. LBJ announced the existence of the SR-71/YF-12A/A-11 "Black Bird".  Then I understood what it was that I saw in 1962:  a "black bird" doing Mach 3 to 3.2 at just about 85,000 feet.

The only one I was never able to explain was a satellite in 1974,  moving due west.  I was working in the satellite launch business at that time.  Back then,  there were only two spacefaring nations,  US and USSR.  Both launched eastward-to-polar.  None launched westward (against the Earth's rotation).  I checked with my colleagues;  it wasn't one of ours,  and it wasn't a Russian. 

To this day,  I don't know what that one was.  But my understanding of physics tells me anyone capable of traveling interstellar distances would not care about any puny delta-vee penalty associated with a retrograde orbit.

GW

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#13 2021-04-24 13:36:52

Calliban

Whilst on holiday in Egypt back in July 2000, my brother and I were overflown by a huge delta shaped craft, late at night.  The interesting thing was there were no surface features that could be seen.  What we saw was a black triangular silhouette against the background glow of the stars.  It was impossible to estimate speed or height, because there was no way to estimate the size of the thing.  Neither of us discerned any sound, though the DGs on the boat we were on were kicking out so much noise that we probably could not have it if there were any.  There were point source lights along the wings of the triangular silhouette.

I wondered if perhaps it was a high altitude spy plane.  But then why would it have lights under its wings?  To this day, I do not know what it is that we saw.

Last edited by Calliban (2021-04-24 13:38:54)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#14 2021-04-24 13:40:39

louis

Re the beginning of this thread, there's been some convincing rebuttal of the video's significance, claiming it is a phenomenon associated with night vision equipment where the "eye" of the camera closes over in a triangular shape changing all points of light into apparent triangles whether stars or aeroplanes in the distance. So I no longer this to be a video of interest. The tic tac videos remaining unexplained I think and were also being recorded on radar at the same time.

#15 2021-05-16 20:19:10

louis

This seems more credible than the flickering triangles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iG5lingCGc

#16 2021-05-16 20:25:59

louis

#17 2021-05-18 15:18:01

louis

#18 2021-05-18 19:56:13

SpaceNut
Administrator

lots of confessing to these as being real but as much well we will need time to try and give a wishful guess as to what it could be....

call it what it is unknown and be over it....

#19 2021-05-18 20:30:52

louis

That's not exactly the spirit of science is it. Either it's a real material presence or it's not. If it's a real material presence it must be something and we must be able to hazard a guess at the something even if it's "something way beyond our technological capability."

Anyway you have President Trump to thank for these revelations. smile

SpaceNut wrote:

lots of confessing to these as being real but as much well we will need time to try and give a wishful guess as to what it could be....

call it what it is unknown and be over it....

#20 2021-06-01 11:09:23

Mars_B4_Moon

Talk has been around a while, now they call them UAPs,  ‘swarmed by spherical UFOs flying in unexpected directions, now more radar screen from USS Radar Recordings

It might be some new science drone test project thingy but politically Democrats and Republicans are unified in taking UFOs seriously

Offical navy release of UFO footage.
https://www.navair.navy.mil/foia/documents

UFO Whistleblower Says Pentagon Tried To Discredit Him
https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/ufo-whist … redit-him/

Astronaut Chris Hadfield calls alien UFO hype 'foolishness'
https://futurism.com/the-byte/astronaut … iens-idiot

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2021-06-01 11:12:39)

#21 2022-04-11 14:15:31

Mars_B4_Moon

Not quiet alien, identified

An interstellar object exploded over Earth in 2014, declassified government data reveal
https://www.livescience.com/first-inter … t-detected
The object, a small meteorite measuring just 1.5 feet (0.45 meter) across, slammed into Earth's atmosphere on Jan. 8, 2014, after traveling through space at more than 130,000 mph (210,000 km/h) — a speed that far exceeds the average velocity of meteors that orbit within the solar system, according to a 2019 study of the object published in the preprint database arXiv.

#22 2022-08-24 13:36:30

Mars_B4_Moon

Congress Admits UFOs Not ‘Man-Made,’ Says ‘Threats’ Increasing ‘Exponentially’

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3adadb/ … onentially

#23 2022-09-12 10:54:04

Mars_B4_Moon

US Navy rejects requests to release UFO videos due to 'national security' concerns

https://interestingengineering.com/cult … e-security

In response to a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), an office of the U.S. Navy has said that all UFO (Unidentified Flying Objects) videos were classified information and therefore exempt from release, the transparency website The Black Vault reported last week.

The response comes closely on the heels of the U.S. Department of Defense's decision to set up a new office to investigate UFOs or Unidentified Aerial Phenomenons (UAP), as they are now being referred to officially. While this move could have provided UAP enthusiasts a more direct way to deal with their concerns and raise their objections, it also means that the secrecy around the matter will continue to remain.

It is also an indication that the requests under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) are also not sufficient to dig deep into the rabbit hole of information that the U.S. military is keeping away from prying eyes. The transparency website Black Vault faced it firsthand.

#24 2023-02-18 09:43:56

Mars_B4_Moon

News reports something Like a plot from a dystopia scifi fantasy movie 12 Monkeys or 'La Jetée'

Maybe UFOs Are Just Future Humans Watching Us
https://news.yahoo.com/lifestyle/maybe- … 00621.html
Last summer, a British astronaut made the news when he referred to someone’s theory

UFOs: why scientists take close encounters seriously
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ufos … 37d359?amp

Government says UFOs shot down were not space invaders. But how could we tell in Florida?
https://news.yahoo.com/government-says- … ;tsrc=twtr

Can this gigantic farmer from Montana get answers on UFOs – and keep his Senate seat as a Democrat?
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jo … ml?src=rss
Democrats put Jon Tester, a burly farmer from Montana who curses like a sailor, in charge of getting answers

#25 2023-02-18 16:49:50

SpaceNut
Administrator

While some balloons are spy craft there were a few that were just for real science.

Board footer